Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speaking of Lobster, ITT What is your go to frozen pizza?

+15
Travis of the Cosmos
pulling69
NigelUno
Ass Dan
Robert J Sakimano
HT
tGreenWay
Tim Wakefield
The Pantry
Rodeo Burger
Cameron
CORNER BLITZ
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
SeeRockCity
19 posters

Go down

Speaking of Lobster, ITT What is your go to frozen pizza? Empty Speaking of Lobster, ITT What is your go to frozen pizza?

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-03-02, 01:49

Hey, I've got 4 kids we don't eat frozen pizza often (like rarely) but sometimes you have to punt and I have no idea what I'm doing. Typically go for the Kroger 3 for 10 but today the Tombstone was on sale so we tried that. Got me thinking, maybe I should consult tSwill.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Speaking of Lobster, ITT What is your go to frozen pizza? Empty Re: Speaking of Lobster, ITT What is your go to frozen pizza?

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-02, 01:50

I haven't had frozen pizza in years (why would I?)

But throw some lobster or crab on your pizza. Shit is the bomb dot com.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Speaking of Lobster, ITT What is your go to frozen pizza? Empty Re: Speaking of Lobster, ITT What is your go to frozen pizza?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-03-02, 01:52

Jacks, but I'm poor. I can damn near eat the whole thing.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-03-02, 01:57

Never liked frozen pizza

Not a fan
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-03-02, 02:00

Tombstone > Jack's

Everything is better than Tony's. Digiorno and Freschetta are approximately equivalent, but in my opinion, anything over $5 is a waste, as you can get a Hot-N-Ready for $5 that's better than anything frozen.

That said, there is a brand of frozen pizza that I have found at Aldi's that is excellent, Mama's something or other. My best friend lives in Howell, and they have an Aldi's. Several different options for toppings, all probably better than a Hot-N-Ready. If you can find that shit, that's the best frozen 'za.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-03-02, 02:01

I can't stand frozen pizza. But I've heard that those "take and bake" pizzas that they have at some grocery stores are pretty good. They probably need to be cooked the same or next day though, which might not help the OP if he's just trying to appease hungry kids on a whim.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-03-02, 02:08

Rodeo Burger wrote:... might not help the OP if he's just trying to appease hungry kids on a whim.

this
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-03-02, 02:31

SeeRockCity wrote:

this

Don't listen to this retard. There are plenty of good frozen pizzas. And if your goal is to please kids, virtually any frozen pizza will do. Kids are dumb and have shitty taste.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-02, 02:51

Went to Target to buy coffee and some other stuff this week.  Saw Digiorno cheese-stuffed crust supremes 2 for $10.  Put one in the oven a couple nights ago.  It was pretty damn good

Last edited by The Pantry on 2015-03-02, 03:23; edited 1 time in total
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-03-02, 03:00

This is a great frozen pizza. Pretty much the only one I'll eat

http://www.cpkfrozen.com/pizza/crispy-thin-crust/2/white
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-03-02, 03:11

I was buying Freschetta more than anything else, and they were okay. However, I've decided it's just easier to grab Jet's or Tony Sacca's when I'm looking for basic sustenance. I'm a five-minute drive to either place.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-03-02, 07:35

DiGiorno stuffed crust is my go-to. I make it and it's enough to feed me for two dinners.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-02, 07:54

SeeRockCity wrote:Hey, I've got 4 kids we don't eat frozen pizza often (like rarely) but sometimes you have to punt and I have no idea what I'm doing.  Typically go for the Kroger 3 for 10 but today the Tombstone was on sale so we tried that.  Got me thinking, maybe I should consult tSwill.

My daughter throws a mexican flavored Red Baron in the oven every now and again, it's passable as long as you start with the fact that frozen pizzas suck.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-02, 07:58

as far as frozen pizza goes, it's hard to beat California Pizza Kitchen.. that said, the premade pizzas in the deli section at Meijer aren't bad. Not sure if that qualifies as "frozen pizza" or not..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-03-02, 09:23

Digiorno hits the spot. I won't pretend that that's the only frozen pizza brand that I will eat.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-03-02, 10:41

SeeRockCity wrote:Hey, I've got 4 kids we don't eat frozen pizza often (like rarely) but sometimes you have to punt and I have no idea what I'm doing. Typically go for the Kroger 3 for 10 but today the Tombstone was on sale so we tried that. Got me thinking, maybe I should consult tSwill.

Tombstone is OK for the kiddos. Along the same lines...Dominos...$5.99 medium 2 toppings.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-03-02, 10:44

Lots of great info ITT. Thanks
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-03-02, 14:23

Stouffers french bread pizza, cook it in the toaster oven. Red Baron french bread isn't too bad either.

Speaking of Lobster, ITT What is your go to frozen pizza? 217_PSimg
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-03-02, 14:30

I almost exclusively eat Totinos. Not just for frozen pizza, but in general. At least 6 nights a week.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-02, 14:33

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I almost exclusively eat Totinos. Not just for frozen pizza, but in general. At least 6 nights a week.
Correct to assume not 32X32 ?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-03-02, 14:34

DiGiorno, Fruschetta, or Tombstone...whichever one is on 2 for $10 sale at Pubix, but preferably Fruschetta.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-03-02, 14:58

The Pantry wrote:
Correct to assume not 32X32 ?
Only if she's 5'3.

That doesn't make any sense at all does it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-03-02, 16:10

Totinos

Just watch out on the 1st bite of those MFing pizza rolls.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-02, 16:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Just watch out on the 1st bite of those MFing pizza rolls.
Ain't that the truth. Takes about 2 days for the roof of your mouth to heal
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-03-02, 16:18

The Pantry wrote:Ain't that the truth. Takes about 2 days for the roof of your mouth to heal

After years of self-inflicted mouth blisters I only recently decided to heed the warning on the package and let cool for five minutes.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2015-03-02, 22:15

I like several of them. The Feschetta Brick Oven is probably my first choice. It has a thin crust but not too thin that it gets crunchy in the oven. I also like the Red Baron four cheese. Tombstone is the best of the real cheapies.

By the way, all of them call for you to cook them directly on your oven rack. I've never done this and can't imagine why anybody would. Seems like it would be a real pain in the ass to take it out. I've always put them on a cookie sheet.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-03-02, 22:27

I love pizza, but just about all of the frozen offerings are vile. I get what OP is going for, but can you buy some frozen dough balls from your local market? Either keep that in the fridge, or can thaw it in 20 minutes in a bowl of hot water.

Rest of it takes < 5 minutes to put together and it's way better than a Digiornio with horse meat flavored pepperoni.

Speaking of Lobster, ITT What is your go to frozen pizza? Export-5
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-02, 22:32

y2kMgrad wrote:I like several of them. The Feschetta Brick Oven is probably my first choice. It has a thin crust but not too thin that it gets crunchy in the oven. I also like the Red Baron four cheese. Tombstone is the best of the real cheapies.

By the way, all of them call for you to cook them directly on your oven rack. I've never done this and can't imagine why anybody would. Seems like it would be a real pain in the ass to take it out. I've always put them on a cookie sheet.
Forget the rack direction. Buy a pizza stone or 2. They're like 15 bucks at BBB. Get the stone(s) to 400-450° and then put the pizza on for the recommended time
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down