Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think Kentucky is going to lose

+26
StylesGShmooth
HT
By-Tor
SeeRockCity
Triple Sparty
Wally Fairway
tTy
Other Teams Pursuing That
LoneWolfSparty
Toe
Rocinante
The_Dude
Rodeo Burger
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
CheesySpartan
Snake Plissken
Bizarro Fletch
Herbie Green
Travis of the Cosmos
tig ol bitties
kingstonlake
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
30 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

I think Kentucky is going to lose Empty I think Kentucky is going to lose

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 22:01

I root against them, yes, because I don't like the way Cal doesn't play by the spirit of the rules. But that is not why I think they will lose. They are insanely talented, but they lack experience in pressure situations, and they play in a very weak conference. We'll start there. However, the biggest reason why I think they will lose is because statistically the odds of a team going unscathed through the preseason, conference season, conference tournament and NCAAs are absurd. I don't think they are as good as '91 UNLV, or '09 UNC, or any other number of very good to great teams we've seen since then who had a nice mix of talent AND experience and couldn't pull the feat off. The odds are going to catch up to them at some point. I firmly believe this.

Because I root against the Cal-ification of college hoops, I want them to skate through the SEC tourney and go into the NCAAs unscathed. If they lose before the tourney, I see them winning the whole thing. If they don't...I see them going home from the dance early.

Anyone with me here?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I think Kentucky is going to lose Empty Re: I think Kentucky is going to lose

Post by steveschneider Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 22:04

My pick all year has been MSU vs Kentucky championship game and one team leaves 39-1.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 22:12

They'd have a loss if they posted in a real conference.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 22:12

steveschneider wrote:My pick all year has been MSU vs Kentucky championship game and one team leaves 39-1.

We would get slaughtered. We are not the type of team that can take them down. Terrible, terrible matchup. They have size at every position. Our most athletically gifted player is a 6'6 power forward. He'd be giving up like 4" to guys just as athletic as he is. Our guards wouldn't be able to get a shot off over the length of the majority of Kentucky's 2s and 3s.

I think a team with a sound system, and a bell cow or two might be able to wear them down. I'm thinking Wisconsin, but only because I don't know the personnel of a lot of other teams in other conferences.

I am not creative and I am usually an optimist but I firmly believe we would get run out of the gym.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 22:19

kingstonlake wrote:They'd have a loss if they posted in a real conference.

SEC isn't that bad. Arkansas UofF and lsu are respectable. Kentucky would walk the table in any conference.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 22:21

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

We would get slaughtered. We are not the type of team that can take them down. Terrible, terrible matchup. They have size at every position. Our most athletically gifted player is a 6'6 power forward. He'd be giving up like 4" to guys just as athletic as he is. Our guards wouldn't be able to get a shot off over the length of the majority of Kentucky's 2s and 3s.

I think a team with a sound system, and a bell cow or two might be able to wear them down. I'm thinking Wisconsin, but only because I don't know the personnel of a lot of other teams in other conferences.

I am not creative and I am usually an optimist but I firmly believe we would get run out of the gym.

Purdue has just as much height as Kentucky. Our bigs could hang. It would be david vs Goliath.

Just don't put wollerman in.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 22:37

steveschneider wrote:

Purdue has just as much height as Kentucky. Our bigs could hang. It would be david vs Goliath.

Just don't put wollerman in.

Apologies in advance for using BR as a source, but #math

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2272675-kentucky-looks-too-big-to-fail-after-romp-over-kansas-at-2014-champions-classic

As mentioned during ESPN's broadcast of the game, Kentucky has 10 players who are 6'6" or taller, seven who are 6'8" or taller and four who stand at least 6'10".

As Jay Bilas astutely noted, trying to put the ball in the bucket against the Wildcats "is like trying to play Frisbee in the Redwood Forest."

Even with Tyler Ulis, who might be 5'9" in platform shoes, Kentucky's average height is 79.7", according to KenPom.com (subscription required). The gap between Kentucky and second place on that list (78.8") is larger than the gap between second place and 33rd place.

Ken Pomeroy's data on height only goes back to the 2006-07 season, but this year's Wildcats are bigger than any other college basketball team in the past eight years. Convert Kentucky's average height to centimeters (202.4), and you can see that these Wildcats are taller than almost every NBA squad.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 22:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Apologies in advance for using BR as a source, but #math

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2272675-kentucky-looks-too-big-to-fail-after-romp-over-kansas-at-2014-champions-classic

Well you have to hand it to Cal he's innovative and figured out a way to pull in top talent. I think his pitch is a big part of his success too. I think he went against the grain and saw an opportunity that few saw with a very successful pitch to recruits.

Also, he has that team playing completely unselfish ball and overall I think he's reaching those kids with a positive message. I usually root against the band wagon and this is one rare moment where I'm on it. If the Spartans can't win it all then I'm pulling for the Wildcats to go 40-0.

I'm usually the guy that roots for the under dog and often roots against the power house. I root against the Yankees, Duke, the Cowboys dynasty in the 90's, the Patriots, the Miami Heat, the 2000 Lakers dynasty, I rooted for the Royals over the Giants...for once I"m just going to hop on the wagon and enjoy it.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 23:25

steveschneider wrote:My pick all year has been MSU vs Kentucky championship game and one team leaves 39-1.

If MSU faced UK in the brackets that was going to be my upset special, so I'm with you. IF we played a nearly perfect game we could take them out. No scoring droughts, 75% FT shooting and the normal stifling D.

Either way I'm with WBH, I think they lose somewhere. After spending some time in Rupp Rafters today thinking how similar their BB fans were to scUM fans in general I was chuckling to myself that it would be sweet beyond imagination if they were the 1st 1 seed to fall to a 16. We could see mass suicides in Lexington.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 23:55

LooseGoose wrote:

If MSU faced UK in the brackets that was going to be my upset special, so I'm with you.   IF we played a nearly perfect game we could take them out.  No scoring droughts, 75% FT shooting and the normal stifling D.

Either way I'm with WBH, I think they lose somewhere.  After spending some time in Rupp Rafters today thinking how similar their BB fans were to scUM fans in general I was chuckling to myself that it would be sweet beyond imagination if they were the 1st 1 seed to fall to a 16.   We could see mass suicides in Lexington.

You went to the game today? lol. I can't imagine how insufferable that is.

Listen, I'm kinda weird. I recognize that. Over the years I have become more and more affiliated with MSU, because of....my affiliation. And less and less affiliated with my pro sports teams. I will always root for the Tigers because of 1984, and it's something to watch in the summer, but really we have a bunch of Venezuelans on the team who would be just as happy playing for Seattle, or Phoenix, or Cleveland, or whoever. They are mercenaries.

I'm not naive, I recognize that the same is true to a lesser extent in college. They care first and foremost about their future opportunities. The difference is, in most cases, these kids come to love the school they represent. They actually rep the school. The same school that I rep. Shit, I've run into a lot of the guys that played at MSU, both during the time we were in school together and afterwards. They love their school as much as I do.

It's the same reason why I will NEVER understand why someone who doesn't have close ties to a school would become a big fan of that school. I root for Mateen Cleaves and AP and Kirk Cousins because those guys loved their experience at MSU and love that place as much as I do. We share that. We know that MSU has a certain kind of charm about it that catches most people once they experience it, and it makes them fall in love.

I abhor what UK/Cal is doing to college sports, even if they can get by with it. I know the system is kind of weird, but I (along with most of us) follow it pretty closely, and all fucking evidence points to our guys doing shit within the spirit of the rules. And our guys want - and get - our athletes to come to MSU because it is a great fit for them, and they wind up loving it here. The minute the evidence shows me that they're going for something different, I will jump off the boat, head first.

Until then, you have bullshit con-men, basically promoting a minor league, and gaining an unfair advantage in a sea of many who are trying to keep shit real. I am all for keeping shit real. Izzo has been our coach for 20 years. Has he ever not kept shit real? When that happens, someone please tell me. I won't become a fan of Cal. I won't watch college basketball. I'll probably just stop watching sports altogether.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 7 Mar 2015 - 23:59

Goes without saying, I'm drunk. But I think I believe everything in the above post.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 1:51

kentucky might lose, but they would wipe the floor with us.

Trice would get like 5 shots blocked, and our Fs would be in deep foul trouble by halftime.
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 3:22

When I do bracket stuff next week, I'll be picking against Kentucky because everyone else will pick them. If they win, I'm probably boned. If anyone else wins, I'm either on the same footing as everyone else or I'm guaranteed to win the thing as the only person to pick the correct champ.

So, the question is, when I fill out my bracket, who do I pick? Virginia? I'll probably go with Virginia.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 6:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Listen, I'm kinda weird. I recognize that. Over the years I have become more and more affiliated with MSU, because of....my affiliation. And less and less affiliated with my pro sports teams. I will always root for the Tigers because of 1984, and it's something to watch in the summer, but really we have a bunch of Venezuelans on the team who would be just as happy playing for Seattle, or Phoenix, or Cleveland, or whoever. They are mercenaries.

I'm not naive, I recognize that the same is true to a lesser extent in college. They care first and foremost about their future opportunities. The difference is, in most cases, these kids come to love the school they represent. They actually rep the school. The same school that I rep. Shit, I've run into a lot of the guys that played at MSU, both during the time we were in school together and afterwards. They love their school as much as I do.

It's the same reason why I will NEVER understand why someone who doesn't have close ties to a school would become a big fan of that school. I root for Mateen Cleaves and AP and Kirk Cousins because those guys loved their experience at MSU and love that place as much as I do. We share that. We know that MSU has a certain kind of charm about it that catches most people once they experience it, and it makes them fall in love.

I abhor what UK/Cal is doing to college sports, even if they can get by with it. I know the system is kind of weird, but I (along with most of us) follow it pretty closely, and all fucking evidence points to our guys doing shit within the spirit of the rules. And our guys want - and get - our athletes to come to MSU because it is a great fit for them, and they wind up loving it here. The minute the evidence shows me that they're going for something different, I will jump off the boat, head first.

Until then, you have bullshit con-men, basically promoting a minor league, and gaining an unfair advantage in a sea of many who are trying to keep shit real. I am all for keeping shit real. Izzo has been our coach for 20 years. Has he ever not kept shit real? When that happens, someone please tell me. I won't become a fan of Cal. I won't watch college basketball. I'll probably just stop watching sports altogether.

I am with you. I saw Steve Smith at the Women's basketball game the other day and thought that was pretty cool.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 10:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

It's really just two different philosophies. Stay and get your degree, vs. go out and become a millionaire. I don't have a problem with either, given plenty of guys like Zuckerberg and Bill Gates left college early to get their wealth I don't believe in restricting an athlete from the same risk/opportunity. I think either way the players feel very connected to the school and I really think Cal's plan is what a lot of the top players and their families want. Even Coach K has adopted it and that right there should tell us every thing we need to know, that is if you buy into it that he's the bastion of morality everyone makes him out to be. Regarding Cal, he might not even have to cheat as bad as we all think he does  at this point. Selling his rate of lottery picks and the number of players he's put into the pros may be enough at this point.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 10:18

steveschneider wrote:

It's really just two different philosophies. Stay and get your degree, vs. go out and become a millionaire. I don't have a problem with either, given plenty of guys like Zuckerberg and Bill Gates left college early to get their wealth I don't believe in restricting an athlete from the same risk/opportunity. I think either way the players feel very connected to the school and I really think Cal's plan is what a lot of the top players and their families want. Even Coach K has adopted it and that right there should tell us every thing we need to know, that is if you buy into it that he's the bastion of morality everyone makes him out to be. Regarding Cal, he might not even have to cheat as bad as we all think he does  at this point. Selling his rate of lottery picks and the number of players he's put into the pros may be enough at this point.

Except the current system DOES restrict players from making their millions. And Cal (and others to a lessor extent) exploits that to his advantage by recruiting almost solely players who have absolutely no intention of attending college to obtain a college degree. UK is now a defacto minor league system for the NBA, where players serve their time before making their millions.

If they're ready to go pro as high school kids, they shouldn't be forced to participate in this charade of going to college for one year when everyone knows they are not really student athletes.

(Rant over)
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 10:22

steveschneider wrote:

SEC isn't that bad. Arkansas UofF and lsu are respectable. Kentucky would walk the table in any conference.

I guess we'll find out soon enough, but I totally disagree about the SEC, and I think the tournament results will back me up on that. They just aren't very good. Florida isn't even going to make the tournament, so  I'm not sure how you classify them as respectable, unless you consider a team like Northwestern or UM respectable too. LSU was also on the bubble the last time I checked. Lunardi has them as a 11 seed, meaning they are one of the last teams in. A&M is a 10 seed. Ole Miss a 9. You get the point.

I suspect UK would have tripped up playing games at Duke, at UVA, at UNC, etc. in the ACC, FWIW.

Last edited by Bizarro Fletch on Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 10:31; edited 2 times in total
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 10:28

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

Except the current system DOES restrict players from making their millions. And Cal (and others to a lessor extent) exploits that to his advantage by recruiting almost solely players who have absolutely no intention of attending college to obtain a college degree. UK is now a defacto minor league system for the NBA, where players serve their time before making their millions.

If they're ready to go pro as high school kids, they shouldn't be forced to participate in this charade of going to college for one year when everyone knows they are not really student athletes.

(Rant over)

We kind of both agree on what you just wrote above, except I have different feelings about that approach. I believe in capitalism and think its acceptable what UofK is doing.

I think more than just UofK is the minor league, I think the entire realm of college sports as the minor leagues.

I'm for removing as many as the NCAA's rules as possible, I'd even allow an athlete to return/play for a school after they declare for the draft if they want to. Let them test the waters and let them come back. If we want to say we care about the athletes then lets get serious.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 10:35

I'd love to see them lose but I just don't see it happening. I suspect I'll be watching them cut the nets down in Indy as I have tickets.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 10:42

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You went to the game today? lol. I can't imagine how insufferable that is. .

Sorry if I worded that poorly, by spending in time in Rupp Rafters I was referring to reading this board: https://kentucky.rivals.com/forum.asp?fid=1383 They're an insufferable bunch of pricks.

Other than that I agree with your drunken rant.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 19:41

steveschneider wrote:

We kind of both agree on what you just wrote above, except I have different feelings about that approach. I believe in capitalism and think its acceptable what UofK is doing.

I think more than just UofK is the minor league, I think the entire realm of college sports as the minor leagues.  

I'm for removing as many as the NCAA's rules as possible, I'd even allow an athlete to return/play for a school after they declare for the draft if they want to. Let them test the waters and let them come back. If we want to say we care about the athletes then lets get serious.

How does it make sense to think of the entire realm of college sports as a minor league? The numbers say that's a really silly way to view things.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/probability-competing-beyond-high-school

In 2013:

Almost 18,000 Men's D1 Basketball players. 1.2% played professionally.

Football - 32,450 D1 athletes. 1.6% play professionally.

College sports - even revenue sports - is not a feeder system. It should not be considered a feeder system. If you can't make or enforce the rules to have the Kentuckys of the world treating it as such, then there needs to be a more attractive option than going to play in China out of High School.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 20:15

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

How does it make sense to think of the entire realm of college sports as a minor league? The numbers say that's a really silly way to view things.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/probability-competing-beyond-high-school

In 2013:

College sports - even revenue sports - is not a feeder system. It should not be considered a feeder system. If you can't make or enforce the rules to have the Kentuckys of the world treating it as such, then there needs to be a more attractive option than going to play in China out of High School.

32x32...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 20:21

steveschneider wrote:

I disagree. For as innovative as you say Cal is at UK, nobody is adopting his plan. Coach K is not doing the same thing at Duke. Recruiting one-and-done talent is not the same thing as telling recruits you want them to be one-and-done. Two different things. 

The reason that it is not happening elsewhere is because what happens at UK is a collaborative effort between the basketball program, athletics and administration. There is no way the administration at Duke and most other schools would allow a coach to intentionally turn the basketball program into a professional feeder program that does not bother to even pay lip service to academics. To be honest, as an institution of higher education, UK is embarrassing itself with the way it allows Cal to operate.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 21:53

Turtleneck wrote:

I disagree. For as innovative as you say Cal is at UK, nobody is adopting his plan. Coach K is not doing the same thing at Duke. Recruiting one-and-done talent is not the same thing as telling recruits you want them to be one-and-done. Two different things. 

The reason that it is not happening elsewhere is because what happens at UK is a collaborative effort between the basketball program, athletics and administration. There is no way the administration at Duke and most other schools would allow a coach to intentionally turn the basketball program into a professional feeder program that does not bother to even pay lip service to academics. To be honest, as an institution of higher education, UK is embarrassing itself with the way it allows Cal to operate.

I disagree Jabari and Okafur are both one and dones. There's plenty of articles out there about coach k adapting to the way of the one and done.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/10/31/duke-basketball-one-and-done-jahlil-okafor-mike-krzyzewski-tyus-jones-justise-winslow/17724587/

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 21:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

In 2013:

True there are plenty of athletes that will never make it to the pros and for them getting their degree is the best route. My point is based on the high percentage of athletes that get drafted in the pro leagues football/basketball come up through the collegiate system.

It's a blend of the two.

I saw an article a week or so ago about how high kentuckys tv ratings are and that they are outperforming lebron James' cavaliers. People say Kentucky is ruining the game but the ratings say otherwise.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Sun 8 Mar 2015 - 22:29

steveschneider wrote:

I disagree Jabari and Okafur are both one and dones. There's plenty of articles out there about coach k adapting to the way of the one and done.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/10/31/duke-basketball-one-and-done-jahlil-okafor-mike-krzyzewski-tyus-jones-justise-winslow/17724587/

Can you even read? C'mon man you can tell us.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 5:50

steveschneider wrote:

Again....recruiting one-and-done players is not the same as walking into a recruit's home and telling him you only want to rent his services for 1-2 years. Everybody recruits one-and-done talent, but UK the only school that has intentionally designed itself to be a NBA feeder program. In other words, UK basketball “is no longer designed to provide students pursuing a college education the opportunity to compete, it is designed to train professional basketball players.”  UK takes the recruitment of one-and-done talent to a different place. It is something that other schools are not emulating. 

http://chronicle.com/blogs/players/faculty-group-blasts-kentuckys-professional-hoops-approach/30152?sid=at&utm_source=at&utm_medium=en
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 8:16

I like our chances..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 8:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I like our chances..

What about scUM's NIT aspirations?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 8:35

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Possible 6 seed

http://www.dratings.com/predictor/bracketology/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 8:57

Turtleneck wrote:

Again....recruiting one-and-done players is not the same as walking into a recruit's home and telling him you only want to rent his services for 1-2 years. Everybody recruits one-and-done talent, but UK the only school that has intentionally designed itself to be a NBA feeder program. In other words, UK basketball “is no longer designed to provide students pursuing a college education the opportunity to compete, it is designed to train professional basketball players.”  UK takes the recruitment of one-and-done talent to a different place. It is something that other schools are not emulating. 

http://chronicle.com/blogs/players/faculty-group-blasts-kentuckys-professional-hoops-approach/30152?sid=at&utm_source=at&utm_medium=en

Coach k recruited Mitch macgarry who is dumber than a sack of hammers. I don't think he's any different than cal really and the reason why he gets those one in dones is because of his track record of gettig players into the pros fast.

"As U.S. coach, Krzyzewski sees LeBron James' diet, practice habits and the way he carries himself. He can teach that to his Duke players who want to learn how to be pros and want to learn how to be pros quickly."

That's from the article I linked above. Of course he's selling that type of stuff to recruits.

Coach K is not some saint that is on this planet to educate kids first and teach basketball second. I bet duke has printed out fake grades just like cuse and UNC in some cases.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 9:05

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I care about Michigan State..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 9:06

steveschneider wrote:

Coach K is not some saint that is on this planet to educate kids first and teach basketball second. I bet duke has printed out fake grades just like cuse and UNC in some cases.
this..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 9:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:this..

I think Kentucky is going to lose 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 9:42

steveschneider wrote:

you're a great American and damn fine Spartan.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 9:58

steveschneider wrote:

Coach k recruited Mitch macgarry who is dumber than a sack of hammers. I don't think he's any different than cal really and the reason why he gets those one in dones is because of his track record of gettig players into the pros fast.

"As U.S. coach, Krzyzewski sees LeBron James' diet, practice habits and the way he carries himself. He can teach that to his Duke players who want to learn how to be pros and want to learn how to be pros quickly."

That's from the article I linked above. Of course he's selling that type of stuff to recruits.

Do you actually read what you respond to? Serious question.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 10:34

I tend to agree that Kentucky will lose.. however, if they do, it'll be due mainly to UK having an off night against the wrong team, match-up-wise or running into a team that can't miss from behind the arc.

basically, UK will have to have an off-night and their opponent will have to play their best game of the season - I can see this happening... I think Duke could beat them, as Jones, Winston, Cook, even Allen - all are able to drill 3's and Okafor could potentially neutralize UK's down low presence.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 10:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I tend to agree that Kentucky will lose.. however, if they do, it'll be due mainly to UK having an off night against the wrong team, match-up-wise or running into a team that can't miss from behind the arc.

basically, UK will have to have an off-night and their opponent will have to play their best game of the season - I can see this happening... I think Duke could beat them, as Jones, Winston, Cook, even Allen - all are able to drill 3's and Okafor could potentially neutralize UK's down low presence.

So you think that Duke is finally going to make it past the first weekend after 3 or 4 years?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 10:53

steveschneider wrote:

I saw an article a week or so ago about how high kentuckys tv ratings are and that they are outperforming lebron James' cavaliers. People say Kentucky is ruining the game but the ratings say otherwise.

FWIW, NBC no-name boxing out-drew UNC/Duke on ESPN Saturday night.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 9 Mar 2015 - 10:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I tend to agree that Kentucky will lose.. however, if they do, it'll be due mainly to UK having an off night against the wrong team, match-up-wise or running into a team that can't miss from behind the arc.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next