Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kentucky Derby

+10
aualum06
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
beal99
Watch Out Pylon!
SeeRockCity
DWags
Blanch32
Rocinante
Nordic
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kentucky Derby Empty Kentucky Derby

Post by Nordic 2015-04-15, 14:31

Any of you bros been? I've done some online research and getting ready to pull the trigger on some tickets for this year's Derby. Before I do I'm curious if anyone has anyone has any info on where they sat, what they paid and if I should wait out the market/pull the trigger now.

Complimentary pics of hot derby girls for your time...

Kentucky Derby KYDERBY_2010_JFP_0569

Kentucky Derby DelMar06ThreeHats

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Kentucky Derby Empty Re: Kentucky Derby

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-15, 15:15

No, but I like boobies.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-15, 15:29

I'm told its an insane party but all my friends are apparently Rcmb posters and don't want to leave the basement for a weekend
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-04-15, 15:33

Nordic wrote:Any of you bros been? I've done some online research and getting ready to pull the trigger on some tickets for this year's Derby. Before I do I'm curious if anyone has anyone has any info on where they sat, what they paid and if I should wait out the market/pull the trigger now.

been to a dozen.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-04-15, 16:06

DWags wrote:

been to a dozen.

Thanks for the info
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-04-15, 16:52

Sorry. Sitting up north. Dad passed and we're doing all the stuff that comes with it. reading boards as a break from the "stuff" and if family friends come over you stop and talk.... Anyway

Tickets: if you are young go party in the infield. If you want to pay more for the grand stands I can say very few tickets are worth the money you'll pay. You will not see the race. Doesn't matter. One year we spent money on boxes by the finish. Real expensive fun but still not worth it. At the very end of the grandstand by the start is the best deal. If need to see the price to say if it's worth it.

Look it's the 11th race of the day. Tailgate until 2 or 3. Get a good parking pass. There's a bar accross from the entrance, and Im drawing a blank, I want to say Silks, look for a parking pass from there. Good place to tailgate and pee. I'd say, if you're going a good parking pass is better than a good ticket. Only people in the very front rows of each section see the race. I guarantee you won't see over 75% of it. As long as you know that going in, you can say you did it. Tailgate till the 5th or 6th race go in then when the race happens be prepared to be blocked by a propper lady with a hat in front of you with her eyes bulging out and screaming.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-15, 17:14

DWags wrote:Sorry. Sitting up north. Dad passed and we're doing all the stuff that comes with it. reading boards as a break from the "stuff" and if family friends come over you stop and talk.... Anyway

My condolences.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-04-15, 17:54

DWags wrote:Sorry. Sitting up north. Dad passed and we're doing all the stuff that comes with it. reading boards as a break from the "stuff" and if family friends come over you stop and talk.... Anyway

Tickets: if you are young go party in the infield. If you want to pay more for the grand stands I can say very few tickets are worth the money you'll pay. You will not see the race. Doesn't matter. One year we spent money on boxes by the finish. Real expensive fun but still not worth it. At the very end of the grandstand by the start is the best deal. If need to see the price to say if it's worth it.

Look it's the 11th race of the day. Tailgate until 2 or 3. Get a good parking pass. There's a bar accross from the entrance, and Im drawing a blank, I want to say Silks, look for a parking pass from there. Good place to tailgate and pee. I'd say, if you're going a good parking pass is better than a good ticket. Only people in the very front rows of each section see the race. I guarantee you won't see over 75% of it. As long as you know that going in, you can say you did it. Tailgate till the 5th or 6th race go in then when the race happens be prepared to be blocked by a propper lady with a hat in front of you with her eyes bulging out and screaming.

Sorry to hear about your pops.

I'm too old for the Blanche/infield thing. And I've pretty much come to grips with the fact that I'm going to pay a ridiculous price and probably not see a damn thing. I'm looking at 3rd level near the middle/start as you suggested. Closer to the finish is insane $$. Thanks for the info.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-04-15, 18:13

Thanks for the condolences. Look into Silks parking pass. Walking distance to the stadium. Middle upper is your best chance to see the race. Good call.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-04-15, 18:17

DWags wrote:Thanks for the condolences. Look into Silks parking pass.  Walking distance to the stadium. Middle upper is your best chance to see the race.  Good call.

Is this it?  

https://derbybox.com/cart/product_info.php?products_id=7828937

http://www.derbyexperiences.com/concierge-services/parking

Last edited by Nordic on 2015-04-15, 20:35; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-04-15, 19:31

Sorry to hear DWags. Condolences.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-04-15, 19:37

Nordic wrote:Any of you bros been?  I've done some online research and getting ready to pull the trigger on some tickets for this year's Derby.  Before I do I'm curious if anyone has anyone has any info on where they sat,  what they paid and if I should wait out the market/pull the trigger now.

Been to Churchill Downs a couple of times but not for the derby. Pretty cool place. Surprisingly it's not in the greatest neighborhood.

Watching races from the Jockeys Club is the tits.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2015-04-16, 08:20

You'll be surprised how ghetto the neighborhood Churchill Downs is in.
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-16, 09:02

beal99 wrote:You'll be surprised how ghetto the neighborhood Churchill Downs is in.

Sounds like an investment opportunity for a rich guy
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-05-02, 15:11

My hot picks

1.) Vekoma
2.) Game Winner
3.) Tacticus

Max Security is a player also ..

Long Shots... Cutting Humor, Tax
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-05-02, 15:23

Nordic wrote:Any of you bros been?  I've done some online research and getting ready to pull the trigger on some tickets for this year's Derby.  Before I do I'm curious if anyone has anyone has any info on where they sat,  what they paid and if I should wait out the market/pull the trigger now.

Been to Churchill Downs a couple of times but not for the Derby. It's a huge place and  has a definite separation of classes built in. You have the infield with the drunks and partiers. The paddock where the common street trash can hang out. Millionaire's Row where high society hangs out above the trash, and then private suites where the 1% of the 1% can watch the action and not be bothered by anyone. For it's name, Millionaire's Row isn't all that fancy.

What section are you looking at getting tickets for Nordic?

Oops. Just noticed this was from 4 years ago.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-02, 15:52

Also been during the off-season. Pretty cool to walk the track and stand in the winner’s circle. The place is huge and historic when you turn and look at it from the winner’s vantage point. As a former poster said, the area surrounding CD is in pretty rough shape.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-05-02, 16:21

tGreenWay wrote:Also been during the off-season. Pretty cool to walk the track and stand in the winner’s circle. The place is huge and historic when you turn and look at it from the winner’s vantage point. As a former poster said, the area surrounding CD is in pretty rough shape.

Hey asshole! I'm not a former poster just yet.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-02, 16:53

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Also been during the off-season. Pretty cool to walk the track and stand in the winner’s circle. The place is huge and historic when you turn and look at it from the winner’s vantage point. As a former poster said, the area surrounding CD is in pretty rough shape.

Hey asshole! I'm not a former poster just yet.

I was referring to beal99. As for your status as a former poster; let’s just say we’re working on it. Kentucky Derby 2943907172
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-05-04, 16:30

Kentucky Oaks paid $67,000 for the superfecta yesterday....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-05-04, 19:01

My NBC feed went out for at least twenty seconds lol
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-05-04, 19:14

I don't see the interference imo
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-05-04, 19:16

Holy crap, disqualified
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-05-04, 19:19

I have no idea what going on but

[tw]1124815005977849861[/tw]

Kentucky Derby 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-04, 19:27

Oops.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-05-04, 19:27

Holy shit that was some chicken shit BS right there.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-05-04, 19:28

I had Maximo and good with the call. That one could go either way.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-05-04, 19:31

How does the jockey who wasn't effected make a foul call. The two horses effected didn't say Boo. Pretty weak sauce if you ask me.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-05-04, 20:14

Yeah, the 20 was definitely not affected. But it definitely messed up the 1 and the horse behind him. And it was definitely intentional IMO. He was also the best horse.

I have no problem with whatever decision they made. With everything at stake it is a coin flip.

Last edited by Nordic on 2019-05-04, 20:51; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2019-05-04, 20:42

kingstonlake wrote:How does the jockey who wasn't effected make a foul call. The two horses effected didn't say Boo. Pretty weak sauce if you ask me.

Kind of a scuM move. I have to agree to an extent. The complaint didn't come as much from the agrieved vs. the one who stood to gain.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-05-04, 20:55

Nordic wrote:Yeah, the 20 was definitely not affected. But it definitely messed up the 1 and the horse behind him. And it was definitely intentional IMO. He was also the best horse.

I have no problem with whatever decision they made. With everything at stake it is a coin flip.

I mean

Meh I don't see it as intentional. I'd lean towards the horse being young and just losing his footing maybe in the turn. Track was awful sloppy.

Honest question. Last few Derby's have been in a crappy muddy track. What's the big deal postponing it a day. I get there's thousands there but one of these days you're gonna have a yard sale. With as tenuous as horse racing is right now with safety and shit, just wait. One big train wreck with a couple horses euthanized because you ran a race solely because you didn't want to inconvenience the fans and it with be the last nail in the coffin for horse racing in the U.S.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-05-04, 21:10

kingstonlake wrote:
Nordic wrote:Yeah, the 20 was definitely not affected. But it definitely messed up the 1 and the horse behind him. And it was definitely intentional IMO. He was also the best horse.

I mean

Meh I don't see it as intentional. I'd lean towards the horse being young and just losing his footing maybe in the turn. Track was awful sloppy.

Honest question. Last few Derby's have been in a crappy muddy track. What's the big deal postponing it a day. I get there's thousands there but one of these days you're gonna have a yard sale. With as tenuous as horse racing is right now with safety and shit, just wait. One big train wreck with a couple horses euthanized because you ran a race solely because you didn't want to inconvenience the fans and it with be the last nail in the coffin for horse racing in the U.S.

I'm not gonna go to war on.the first part.

But GTFO on the second part. I'm gonna chaulk this post up to too much bourbon.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-04, 22:23

I’m not much for mixed drinks, but a mint julep is a fine beverage.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-05-04, 22:32

tGreenWay wrote:I’m not much for mixed drinks, but a mint julep is a fine beverage.

You are wise
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-05-05, 01:19

tGreenWay wrote:I’m not much for mixed drinks, but a mint julep is a fine beverage.

Worst drink ever.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2019-05-05, 11:08

I thought this was America??
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-05, 11:26

CORNER BLITZ wrote:I thought this was America??

Imma need a little bit more context before insisting on how wrong you are.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-05, 12:12

kingstonlake wrote:

I mean

Don’t move it. Just run the race, don’t take time, and give each horse a participation apple.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2019-05-05, 13:15

tGreenWay wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:I thought this was America??

If you ain't rubbin, you ain't racing
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-05, 16:00

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

If you ain't rubbin, you ain't racing

Actually, when I’m rubbin, I ain’t in no hurry.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next