Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the best thing about "Spring Forward"?

+20
DWags
Giant Moose
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
MiamiSpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Herbie Green
Snake Plissken
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
steveschneider
HT
Turtleneck
LoneWolfSparty
Green Note
CORNER BLITZ
Jake from State Farm
tTy
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What is the best thing about "Spring Forward"? Empty What is the best thing about "Spring Forward"?

Post by tTy 2015-03-08, 14:09

For me, it means that I only have to wade through 23 hours worth of #InternationalWomensDay tweets instead of 24 hours worth.

What is the best thing about "Spring Forward" for you?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What is the best thing about "Spring Forward"? Empty Re: What is the best thing about "Spring Forward"?

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-03-08, 14:15

Absolutely nothing. Far as I'm concerned DST can die a swift painful death.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What is the best thing about "Spring Forward"? Empty Re: What is the best thing about "Spring Forward"?

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-03-08, 14:35

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-08, 14:54

Jake from State Farm wrote:Absolutely nothing. Far as I'm concerned DST can die a swift painful death.

2nd. A stupid fucking relic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2015-03-08, 15:08

Can guarantee  the ladies an hour of furious lovemaking
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-03-08, 17:05

I prefer DST. They should just leave us on it. I like the extra hour of light at the end of the day.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-03-08, 17:41

LoneWolfSparty wrote:I prefer DST. They should just leave us on it. I like the extra hour of light at the end of the day.

Just move to the CST time zone.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-08, 17:57

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Just move to the CST time zone.

I am actually wondering if the spring forward will make Schilling ineligible for the BTT. He already played those games but the fall back reset his schedule. The spring forward takes him past those games he already played and I'm not sure the Big Ten will let him play in the same BTT twice. Has Izzo addressed this?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-03-08, 18:14

tTy wrote:For me, it means that I only have to wade through 23 hours worth of #InternationalWomensDay tweets instead of 24 hours worth.

Same.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

What is the best thing about "Spring Forward"? Empty Day Light Savings

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-11, 14:13

Didn't really think much about it, but the last couple of days I've been really dragging in the afternoon. I noticed I was yawning profusely and then I remembered that we lost an hour this weekend.

WTF is the point of this nonsense? Lets do away with this BS once and for all. We got our light back now lets leave the clocks alone.

Hoping that Texas can lead the charge to get rid Day Light Saving Time

http://kxan.com/2015/03/11/texas-bill-could-nix-daylight-saving/
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-11, 14:20

Fuck no. It would start getting light at 4:30am in June and early July. I have a hard enough time sleeping
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-11, 14:30

The Pantry wrote:Fuck no. It would start getting light at 4:30am in June and early July. I have a hard enough time sleeping

What ever the clocks are set at right now just leave it. We lose an hour at night and it starts getting dark here at 4PM. That's too frigging early.

Plus I think Michigan should be in the Central Time zone whatever you have for light out there is one hour off from what we have here.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-11, 14:51

steveschneider wrote:

What ever the clocks are set at right now just leave it. We lose an hour at night and it starts getting dark here at 4PM. That's too frigging early.

Plus I think Michigan should be in the Central Time zone whatever you have for light out there is one hour off from what we have here.
If you leave it on DST (what we are on now) then all kids would be going to school in the dark November through Feb
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-03-11, 14:53

I vote that we just never change the clocks again. The only part that would suck in MI would be December because it wouldn't be light out until close to 9AM. But, you only get 9 hours of daylight +/- 2 weeks from 12/21 so it's either 8-5 or 9-6. Either way those four weeks are gonna suck, but I'd rather have a chance of driving home in daylight because I have no chance of driving to work in daylight.

#PermanentDaylightTimeIsBestTime
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-03-11, 15:14

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-11, 15:24

The Pantry wrote:
If you leave it on DST (what we are on now) then all kids would be going to school in the dark November through Feb

I used to have to walk to school in the dark for parts of the year and I turned out fine.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-11, 15:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:I vote that we just never change the clocks again. The only part that would suck in MI would be December because it wouldn't be light out until close to 9AM. But, you only get 9 hours of daylight +/- 2 weeks from 12/21 so it's either 8-5 or 9-6. Either way those four weeks are gonna suck, but I'd rather have a chance of driving home in daylight because I have no chance of driving to work in daylight.

#PermanentDaylightTimeIsBestTime

This.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-03-11, 15:30

The Pantry wrote:Fuck no.  It would start getting light at 4:30am in June and early July.  I have a hard enough time sleeping

Had that issue living in Washington state even with DST. Holy cow it sucked when I'd wake up at 4 and couldn't go to back to sleep because it was light outside.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-11, 15:56

steveschneider wrote:

I used to have to walk to school in the dark for parts of the year and I turned out fine.
There weren't as many Forbins running around back then
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-11, 18:03

The Pantry wrote:There weren't as many Forbins running around back then

Pfffftttt.....as many or more. The crime rate was higher then but people are more paranoid now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-03-11, 19:26

SpartanHT wrote:

Had that issue living in Washington state even with DST. Holy cow it sucked when I'd wake up at 4 and couldn't go to back to sleep because it was light outside.

Buy some thicker curtains like they do in Alaska.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-11, 19:31

The Pantry wrote:Fuck no.  It would start getting light at 4:30am in June and early July.  I have a hard enough time sleeping

People should be well into their day by that time.This sleeping in stuff combined with napping is why America is ruined. Well, that stuff plus suburbs.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-03-11, 19:53

steveschneider wrote:

Says who
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-03-11, 19:56

tTy wrote:For me, it means that I only have to wade through 23 hours worth of #InternationalWomensDay tweets instead of 24 hours worth.

For some reason this got me to thinking about the NFL and how the Komen Foundation turns the league pink for an entire month every year. I fucking hate that shit. Can we start a petition to demand that the NFL have a Breast Cancer Awareness set of downs, rather than dedicate an entire damn month to it? That day-glo pink shit is annoying as fuck.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-03-11, 20:57

tTy wrote:

For some reason this got me to thinking about the NFL and how the Komen Foundation turns the league pink for an entire month every year. I fucking hate that shit. Can we start a petition to demand that the NFL have a Breast Cancer Awareness set of downs, rather than dedicate an entire damn month to it? That day-glo pink shit is annoying as fuck.

Helmets don't match the socks
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-11, 21:15

tTy wrote:

NASCAR should run 3 or 4 races every year with all the cars painted with a pink stripe down the middle to support the cause
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-11, 22:13

Snake Plissken wrote:Says who

Says me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-03-11, 23:06

steveschneider wrote:

Says me.
Don't lie to yourself bitch
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-03-12, 11:43

Bill would opt Michigan out of daylight saving time

mlive poll indicates people are in favor of abolishing DST in Michigan.

What is the best thing about "Spring Forward"? Captur10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-03-12, 11:49

Floyd Robertson wrote:Bill would opt Michigan out of daylight saving time

Daylight savings - the silent killer
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-03-12, 11:54

It almost does seem to make sense to get rid of it in Michigan. Since we are on the western edge of the timezone, isn't it light out almost a full hour later than NY or Chicago?

Although I kind of like it hanging out outside in the evening this week.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-03-12, 11:55

Why all of the sudden anger over Daylight Savings? Haven't heard so much as a peep about this in the past. This year - moral outrage.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-12, 12:49

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Why all of the sudden anger over Daylight Savings? Haven't heard so much as a peep about this in the past. This year - moral outrage.

It's a small step toward removing the hobnailed boot of oppression from our throats.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-03-12, 13:32

Floyd Robertson wrote:Bill would opt Michigan out of daylight saving time

No, no more of this shit varying by state. It's bad enough with Indiana and Arizona, but at least no one gives a fuck about those backwater states. Decide as a fucking nation. Then, if we decide not to change the clocks anymore, we force the rest of the world to stop changing, too.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-12, 13:50

MiamiSpartan wrote:
No, no more of this shit varying by state. It's bad enough with Indiana and Arizona, but at least no one gives a fuck about those backwater states. Decide as a fucking nation. Then, if we decide not to change the clocks anymore, we force the rest of the world to stop changing, too.

The majority of the planet doesn't change their clocks. I think its just the US and a good chunk of Europe.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-12, 13:51

Herbie Green wrote:It almost does seem to make sense to get rid of it in Michigan. Since we are on the western edge of the timezone, isn't it light out almost a full hour later than NY or Chicago?

Although I kind of like it hanging out outside in the evening this week.

I was in Michigan last summer and stunned how light it was out past 9PM. You are correct its about a full extra hour from what it is out here.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-03-12, 13:54

steveschneider wrote:

I was in Michigan last summer and stunned how light it was out past 9PM. You are correct its about a full extra hour from what it is out here.

I love going out there in August. Go play a round of golf after 5.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-03-12, 14:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Why all of the sudden anger over Daylight Savings? Haven't heard so much as a peep about this in the past. This year - moral outrage.
It's a positive sign for the economy, people are back to being pissed off about stupid shit again.

I'm not even kidding really.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-12, 14:03

Fuck clocks in general, just smoke weed and let life flow around you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-03-12, 14:05

MiamiSpartan wrote:
No, no more of this shit varying by state.  It's bad enough with Indiana and Arizona, but at least no one gives a fuck about those backwater states.  Decide as a fucking nation.  Then, if we decide not to change the clocks anymore, we force the rest of the world to stop changing, too.
We should stop them from using that stupid ass backward metric system that no one even likes while we're at it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next