Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone think there is a chance in hell Max Scherzer signs with the Tigers?

4 posters

Go down

Does anyone think there is a chance in hell Max Scherzer signs with the Tigers?   Empty Does anyone think there is a chance in hell Max Scherzer signs with the Tigers?

Post by DWags 2014-05-01, 10:46

He gone.

Long season, there is a ton of chance left that he gets hurt or starts losing velocity or the plate, but after the first four starts it looks like his gamble is going to pay off. I personally like lthe gamble. Balls to the wall type guy. He'll be making 3 million a month next season. Boston or the Yankees will be signing his checks most likely. I just hope he has a monster season this year and sucks the rest of his career if he goes to either of those places. He'll still be paid well.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Does anyone think there is a chance in hell Max Scherzer signs with the Tigers?   Empty Re: Does anyone think there is a chance in hell Max Scherzer signs with the Tigers?

Post by jjspartan 2014-05-01, 10:50

Nope. I think he wants to be The Man.
jjspartan
jjspartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Does anyone think there is a chance in hell Max Scherzer signs with the Tigers?   Empty Re: Does anyone think there is a chance in hell Max Scherzer signs with the Tigers?

Post by SpartanRyan 2014-05-01, 10:52

No way in hell. The Yanks and Red Sox will spend around 50 mil more to sign him.

I think he's a great pitcher, but he got a ton of run support last year, and I don't pay too much to W-L records anymore. I think a lot of pitchers in the league could have won 20 last year with the run support he got.
SpartanRyan
SpartanRyan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-01, 10:54

The Tigers offer was very fair for a guy who is content to come out of playoff games that he is dominating. If anything, the Tigers offered a little too much.

If others want to pay through the roof for someone like that, then let them.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down