Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Max Scherzer signs 7 year deal with Nationals

5 posters

Go down

Max Scherzer signs 7 year deal with Nationals  Empty Max Scherzer signs 7 year deal with Nationals

Post by kingstonlake Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:32 am

Per CBS. $$$ not known. Nationals now have to move Jordan Zimmerman.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Max Scherzer signs 7 year deal with Nationals  Empty Re: Max Scherzer signs 7 year deal with Nationals

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:59 am

:/
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Max Scherzer signs 7 year deal with Nationals  Empty Re: Max Scherzer signs 7 year deal with Nationals

Post by Kramerica Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:55 am

7 years / 180 schmill. See ya. That's insane contract for a 30 year old. I don't care that he has less pitches thrown than say a "Verlander", I would think his career will be on the decline for the back half of that contract. As much as I wanted to see him back, I'm glad the Tigers took a stand. Hopefully they can land Shields.
Kramerica
Kramerica
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:00 am

Kramerica wrote:7 years / 180 schmill. See ya. That's insane contract for a 30 year old. I don't care that he has less pitches thrown than say a "Verlander", I would think his career will be on the decline for the back half of that contract. As much as I wanted to see him back, I'm glad the Tigers took a stand. Hopefully they can land Shields.

Not much different than the deal the tigers offered..
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramerica Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:03 am

I thought Tigers offered a 6 year / $165m or something around there?
Kramerica
Kramerica
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:06 am

I don't like the Nationals.

Bryce Harper is kind of a turd.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:35 pm

Interesting structure for the contract.

7 years, 210 million but he'll get 15 million every year for 14 years. They're probably banking on him retiring as a national.

Have at it, he never struck me as a guy who loved it here and was never going to be the fan favorite while verlander was still in town. That probably bothered him too.

Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down