Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NCAA Tournament is ruining this board

+12
Toe
Herbie Green
LoneWolfSparty
SeeRockCity
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Ass Dan
Blanch32
steveschneider
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
The Pantry
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The NCAA Tournament is ruining this board Empty The NCAA Tournament is ruining this board

Post by Turtleneck Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 8:48

Nigel is out of control, Blanch is trolling us way too hard, Cam is posting nonsense, OTPT thinks James Harden is better than Michael Jordan, Bob is missing, SRC doesn't post here anymore, and a bunch of other stuff.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The NCAA Tournament is ruining this board Empty Re: The NCAA Tournament is ruining this board

Post by The Pantry Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 9:04

Who is Cam?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The NCAA Tournament is ruining this board Empty Re: The NCAA Tournament is ruining this board

Post by NigelUno Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 9:07

Bob is missing?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 9:09

NigelUno wrote:Bob is missing?
I suspect his wife's dog

The NCAA Tournament is ruining this board Gundog11
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 9:14

Bob is missing from the board? Or missing on his spring break vacation?

He likes to go on eco-friendly trips to exotic locales. Costa Rica, Venezuela, places like that. Maybe the cartel got him?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 9:16

Let s face it this board is a bust. The days of posters taking time to post original content is gone and all that has replaced them is bonars w their "you suck" attitude. While this was a valid attempt, results to date have failed miserably.

Not saying the lights need to be turned off, but myself and Bob can't be the only ones to truly value this board while the other 9 of you half ass it.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 9:24

Our pet's HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 9:31

I'm just going to leave this here.

Rolling Eyes

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 9:33

Blanch32 wrote:Let s face it this board is a bust. The days of posters taking time to post original content is gone and all that has replaced them is bonars w their "you suck" attitude. While this was a valid attempt, results to date have failed miserably.

Not saying the lights need to be turned off, but myself and Bob can't be the only ones to truly value this board while the other 9 of you half ass it.
The NCAA Tournament is ruining this board 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 9:36

I think part of the problem is this rcmb mentality of proving people wrong over the Internet and then rubbing it in their faces until it gets rehashed over and over and over
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 9:36

Blanch32 wrote:Let s face it this board is a bust.

Now I'm confident this board will eventually grow and thrive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 9:38

LooseGoose wrote:

Now I'm confident this board will eventually grow and thrive.

It's not a bust its almost a year old and probably more active it's been in a while.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 9:45

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think part of the problem is this rcmb mentality of proving people wrong over the Internet and then rubbing it in their faces until it gets rehashed over and over and over

This. Stop bumping up old threads when our team sucked earlier in the season.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 9:55

steveschneider wrote:

This. Stop bumping up old threads when our team sucked earlier in the season.

The bonars just don't get that. They believe what you said about the 2006 squad still applies today. They cannot understand the passage of time or that things can change. For instance, in their eyes trice has been able to effectively create his own shoot even as a freshmen when he was in his brain freeze coma scoring 23 a game even back then.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 10:07

Blanch32 wrote:Let s face it this board is a bust. The days of posters taking time to post original content is gone and all that has replaced them is bonars w their "you suck" attitude. While this was a valid attempt, results to date have failed miserably.

This is actually pretty funny.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 10:14

I still like this board
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 10:22

Ass Dan wrote:I still like this board

Same. But it has been annoying lately. Too much in fighting.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 10:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Same. But it has been annoying lately. Too much in fighting.

I do not think the board is being ruined.

But I am concerned about Bob.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 10:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Our pet's HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!!

SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 10:34

Blanch32 wrote:

The bonars just don't get that. They believe what you said about the 2006 squad still applies today. They cannot understand the passage of time or that things can change. For instance, in their eyes trice has been able to effectively create his own shoot even as a freshmen when he was in his brain freeze coma scoring 23 a game even back then.
Blanch32 wrote:

When did this board get so many boners?

I agree, I was pissed after some of the dumb losses earlier this year. The emotion was raw and its here on this forum documented.

Go ahead and bump those posts up boners.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:23

Steve and blanch are spot on. Some people would rather enjoy others being wrong than just relishing the moment. When half of these assholes who do the "bumping" don't step out of their city to support the same team/program I bagged on for losing to Texas Southern at home (should I have been content with that loss?) as I spend my $ during school to go to these games, it's tiring.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:31

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Steve and blanch are spot on. Some people would rather enjoy others being wrong than just relishing the moment. When half of these assholes who do the "bumping" don't step out of their city to support the same team/program I bagged on for losing to Texas Southern at home (should I have been content with that loss?) as I spend my $ during school to go to these games, it's tiring.

This. And Tom Izzo should be in the NBA!!!!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:32

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Our pet's HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!!

Literally made me LAUGH OUT LOUD!! The NCAA Tournament is ruining this board 502811600 Well played.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:33

The Pantry wrote:Who is Cam?

This crazy dumb broad that posts here and thinks she's the whip.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Steve and blanch are spot on. Some people would rather enjoy others being wrong than just relishing the moment. When half of these assholes who do the "bumping" don't step out of their city to support the same team/program I bagged on for losing to Texas Southern at home (should I have been content with that loss?) as I spend my $ during school to go to these games, it's tiring.

If you're spending your money on college just for BB games, you're doing college wrong.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:34

NigelUno wrote:Bob is missing from the board? Or missing on his spring break vacation?

He likes to go on eco-friendly trips to exotic locales. Costa Rica, Venezuela, places like that. Maybe the cartel got him?

I'm rooting for a foreign, deadly virus myself.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:35

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

This. And Tom Izzo should be in the NBA!!!!

Whatever LWS. I guarantee you I've traveled to many more MSU games than you have, and in the end, that's what matters. Not some emotional bullshit posted while walking out of the Breslin.

But hey, keep being the best fan you can be on a message board. I'll be busy planning my next trip to support the Spartans.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:36

Whatever LWS. I guarantee you I've traveled to many more MSU games than you have, and in the end, that's what matters. Not some emotional bullshit posted while walking out of the Breslin.

But hey, keep being the best fan you can be on a message board. I'll be busy planning my next trip to support the Spartans.

You don't know me!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:37

Turtleneck wrote:

If you're spending your money on college just for BB games, you're doing college wrong.

Wait, wut? You think I'm only going to college for basketball games...? No, no, no, that's not what I meant. I spend a lot of my money (hard to come by during college) on going to these games.

I don't hang out with anyone, I don't check out the cities, go to bars, new food places, etc... I just go straight to the game and straight home........./sarcasm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:46

This.

You are out there on the front lines. Those that refused to go into battle for this team are left bumping old posts.

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 14:10

steveschneider wrote:

When did this board get so many boners?

I agree, I was pissed after some of the dumb losses earlier this year. The emotion was raw and its here on this forum documented.

Go ahead and bump those posts up boners.

Pretty much any post from Fletch for starters. Dude is convinced Travis Walton was nicknamed the glover at AOP 2005
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 14:16

Herbie Green wrote:

This.

You are out there on the front lines. Those that refused to go into battle for this team are left bumping old posts.

Then there are guys like Duffy who can't really enjoy this BC they were too hungover from the 7th seed announcement.

Dwags is another. He's just happy Msu isn't on probation
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 14:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think part of the problem is this rcmb mentality of proving people wrong over the Internet and then rubbing it in their faces until it gets rehashed over and over and over

"Bob gets it."

Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 14:31

Just want to make sure I understand...because you've been to some road games, that means you can say stupid shit? And no one can say (at that time, or even later)..."hey, that was some stupid shit you said"? We all (including yourself, I hope) can't laugh about it later? Or does it really offend you that people bring up what you said? It kind of seems that way. Unless, you're kidding of course.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 15:50

NigelUno wrote:

Just want to make sure I understand...because you've been to some road games, that means you can say stupid shit? And no one can say (at that time, or even later)..."hey, that was some stupid shit you said"? We all (including yourself, I hope) can't laugh about it later? Or does it really offend you that people bring up what you said? It kind of seems that way. Unless, you're kidding of course.
Doesn't offend me at all. I just don't get the point of bumping 10 threads (mostly by blanch) about how the team used to suck and then that's all there is to a small board like this. It just gets old. The team sucked. Now it doesn't. the basement dwellers won't let it go and it just gets old after a while. I left rcmb for a reason, the "better fan" shit doesn't work when all you do is sit on your computer and talk about how you never lost faith or some bullshit. Good for you. Get out of the house and go to some games.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 16:28

Doesn't offend me at all. I just don't get the point of bumping 10 threads (mostly by blanch) about how the team used to suck and then that's all there is to a small board like this. It just gets old. The team sucked. Now it doesn't. the basement dwellers won't let it go and it just gets old after a while. I left rcmb for a reason, the "better fan" shit doesn't work when all you do is sit on your computer and talk about how you never lost faith or some bullshit. Good for you. Get out of the house and go to some games.

Completely agrees with this. I notice the worst offender victory bell is back now that we all left that hole
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 16:39

This sounds like the sort of thing someone who routinely says stupid shit would say.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 16:39

Where are you getting this "better fan" nonsense? From the Tanfan Bible of Deflection?

It's not the "we lost, we suck" posts. It's what comes after that...the "OMG, we aren't going to make the Tournament!!!" or "OMG, when is Izzo going to the NBA?" or "OMG, we need to fire the black coach with glasses!!!"

Seems to me a more prudent way (or even a more humble way) to handle someone bringing up posts like that, would be for the person to laugh and say "wow, did I overreact".

It's interesting that we have games EVERY YEAR, where people overreact. That doesn't get old though? You don't see that?

It's not bullshit for me to say the team was going to the Tournament (even after we lost to Texas Southern). How is that bullshit? Because you thought you were right at the time?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 16:41

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

This sounds like the sort of thing someone who routinely says stupid shit would say.

Otherwise known as the Tanfan defense.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 16:45

Lot of hate all over the board today. Are we all PMSing pretty bad right now? I know I am.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next