Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I the only one who is excited as hell for tomorrow's game?

+18
Herbie Green
Cym Jim
Ass Dan
Watch Out Pylon!
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
Turtleneck
Cameron
Rodeo Burger
Snake Plissken
beal99
kingstonlake
NigelUno
steveschneider
Rocinante
HT
Other Teams Pursuing That
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Am I the only one who is excited as hell for tomorrow's game? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I the only one who is excited as hell for tomorrow's game?

Post by beal99 2015-03-27, 11:10

Vassar
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one who is excited as hell for tomorrow's game? - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I the only one who is excited as hell for tomorrow's game?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-27, 11:11

Herbie Green wrote:Hillsdale
Am I the only one who is excited as hell for tomorrow's game? - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-27, 11:12

beal99 wrote:Vassar
nope.. though the kid is considering Vassar.. among other schools.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-03-27, 11:30

Bennington
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool Runnings 2015-03-27, 12:11

Am I the only one who is excited as hell for tomorrow's game? - Page 2 Giphy
Cool Runnings
Cool Runnings
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-27, 12:40

Duke
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-27, 12:53

Am I the only one who is excited as hell for tomorrow's game? - Page 2 3003718628
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-03-27, 13:04

I've got it!

Shimer College

"Shimer College was founded in 1853 in Mount Carroll, an Illinois Prairie town. They’ve been battling various catastrophes for decades. The local train service was shut down in the 1970s, making their first campus untenably isolated and also – according to the New York Times – ‘a haven for drug users’. That nearly finished them off. But they scraped enough money together to move to Waukegan, Illinois in 1979, and now to Bronzeville. They offer only one core program, and just one teaching method. This is a ‘great books’ college. The great books of the western tradition, not the professors, are the teachers: Da Vinci’s Notebooks and Aristotle’s Poetics and Homer’s Odyssey and de Beauvoir’s Ethics of Ambiguity and Kafka and Derrida and Nietzsche and Freud and Marx and Machiavelli and Shakespeare and the Bible.

Textbooks about the great books are forbidden. That would be too easy. It is primary sources only here. Students can concentrate on humanities, or natural sciences, they can take electives in feminist theories, or Auden, or Zen masters, but it’s all great books and nothing else. There are no lectures. Each class takes the form of Socratic dialogue between the students, guided by a professor if necessary."
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-27, 13:04

Eastern Michigan...Bob is a Huron!
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-27, 13:12

Cym Jim wrote:I've got it!

Shimer College

"Shimer College was founded in 1853 in Mount Carroll, an Illinois Prairie town. They’ve been battling various catastrophes for decades. The local train service was shut down in the 1970s, making their first campus untenably isolated and also – according to the New York Times – ‘a haven for drug users’. That nearly finished them off. But they scraped enough money together to move to Waukegan, Illinois in 1979, and now to Bronzeville. They offer only one core program, and just one teaching method. This is a ‘great books’ college. The great books of the western tradition, not the professors, are the teachers: Da Vinci’s Notebooks and Aristotle’s Poetics and Homer’s Odyssey and de Beauvoir’s Ethics of Ambiguity and Kafka and Derrida and Nietzsche and Freud and Marx and Machiavelli and Shakespeare and the Bible.

Textbooks about the great books are forbidden. That would be too easy. It is primary sources only here. Students can concentrate on humanities, or natural sciences, they can take electives in feminist theories, or Auden, or Zen masters, but it’s all great books and nothing else. There are no lectures. Each class takes the form of Socratic dialogue between the students, guided by a professor if necessary."
their online programs are a leader in the industry..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-03-27, 13:34

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/31-sure-signs-you-went-to-a-liberal-arts-college#.amQ908LQv6

Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-03-27, 14:04

Brock Middlebrook wrote:http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/31-sure-signs-you-went-to-a-liberal-arts-college#.amQ908LQv6

A: You wear glasses like this and are a librarian.

Am I the only one who is excited as hell for tomorrow's game? - Page 2 Jessicamisener-15155-1372097637-27_large
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2