Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O.K. Bitches, time to get excited for the game..... And next year...... Connor Cook

+5
Jethro Bodeen
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
DWags
9 posters

Go down

O.K. Bitches, time to get excited for the game..... And next year...... Connor Cook Empty O.K. Bitches, time to get excited for the game..... And next year...... Connor Cook

Post by DWags 2014-12-30, 09:55

Cook's work ethic will be why we win the big ten next year

"yet it's the relationship with his receivers that truly changed the passing game this year. That began in the summer, when he and Tony Lippett gathered the quarterbacks and pass catchers on the roster for daily workouts at the team's practice facility. They practiced timing and throwing and catching. They designed scramble drills to approximate the fallout of a busted pocket and play.
"They went above and beyond what I think a normal quarterback-receiver program is in the summer," Warner said. "They spent extra time together. It wasn't just (about) running routes, but talking to each other."

The rest of the crew fed off their relationship. Cook intends to do the same thing this off-season, and identify the receiver who can take Lippett's place.

Cook, his skill players and the line that blocks for all of them produced the best offense in school history this season. That line will only get better next fall.

The talent and savvy up front is one of the reasons Cook wants to return for his senior year. Left tackle Jack Conklin will lead a group dotted with future pros. Cook is grateful to play behind them and deferential to their collective skill.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

O.K. Bitches, time to get excited for the game..... And next year...... Connor Cook Empty Re: O.K. Bitches, time to get excited for the game..... And next year...... Connor Cook

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-30, 10:01

Lets see what happens on Thursday.

Dwags, do you really think the D is going to be able to hang with the Baylor O? The only 2 games we had a good chance to show how good we are, were blown. I really think that last years team was much better than this years.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

O.K. Bitches, time to get excited for the game..... And next year...... Connor Cook Empty Re: O.K. Bitches, time to get excited for the game..... And next year...... Connor Cook

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-12-30, 10:09

InTenSity wrote:Lets see what happens on Thursday.

Dwags, do you really think the D is going to be able to hang with the Baylor O? The only 2 games we had a good chance to show how good we are, were blown. I really think that last years team was much better than this years.

Here's hoping that Lippett in the secondary helps slow Baylor down.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-30, 10:13

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Here's hoping that Lippett in the secondary helps slow Baylor down.
Baylor tries to run a play every 10-15 seconds, 7 seconds or so faster than Oregon and OSU. How is Lippett going to have the stamina to play both sides of the ball? By the 4th quarter he would be gassed. We need Hicks to step up.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-30, 10:20

InTenSity wrote:Lets see what happens on Thursday.

Hated Narduzzi's game plan against OSU. I hope we come out aggressively. Fuck them, lets see what they can do with are Quarter press and two LB's getting up their ass from the get go. They dont worry me as much as Oregon, and I just think if we played OSU three times, we beat them twice. I'd like to see how Narduzzi and Dantonio feel about calling off the dogs in many situations against a rookie OSU QB. I was screaming WTF are we doing dropping 7? Did 't help our corners or our safeties in my opinion
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-30, 10:26

InTenSity wrote:
Baylor tries to run a play every 10-15 seconds, 7 seconds or so faster than Oregon and OSU. How is Lippett going to have the stamina to play both sides of the ball? By the 4th quarter he would be gassed. We need Hicks to step up.

Rotations will be crucial. Dantonio was thinking 100 plays for Lippett. We'll see It's going to be tiring as hell
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-30, 15:39

Bump bitches.

Just trying to get some Spartan football talk going on a board that can be great
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-30, 15:42

DWags wrote:Bump bitches.

Just trying to get some Spartan football talk going on a board that can be great

If all the people that bitched on tRCMB about how shitty the rcmb is, were to come here then there might be enough to have a discussion.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-12-30, 16:30

Despite the arrival of yet another Jesus in AA, tB1G will probably come down to the MSU/O$U game again...in Columbus. They've got some pretty good players too...and almost none of them are graduating. Can a 2nd B1G team get in the playoff at 11-1, or is it another "disappointing" NY6 game for us?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-30, 18:32

Heat Miser wrote:Despite the arrival of yet another Jesus in AA, tB1G will probably come down to the MSU/O$U game again...in Columbus. They've got some pretty good players too...and almost none of them are graduating. Can a 2nd B1G team get in the playoff at 11-1, or is it another "disappointing" NY6 game for us?

The Next two years will come down to MSU OSU. UofM might actually help one of us by beating the other
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-12-30, 21:02

DWags wrote:Cook's work ethic will be why we win the big ten next year

"yet it's the relationship with his receivers that truly changed the passing game this year. That began in the summer, when he and Tony Lippett gathered the quarterbacks and pass catchers on the roster for daily workouts at the team's practice facility. They practiced timing and throwing and catching. They designed scramble drills to approximate the fallout of a busted pocket and play.
"They went above and beyond what I think a normal quarterback-receiver program is in the summer," Warner said. "They spent extra time together. It wasn't just (about) running routes, but talking to each other."

The rest of the crew fed off their relationship. Cook intends to do the same thing this off-season, and identify the receiver who can take Lippett's place.

Cook, his skill players and the line that blocks for all of them produced the best offense in school history this season. That line will only get better next fall.

The talent and savvy up front is one of the reasons Cook wants to return for his senior year. Left tackle Jack Conklin will lead a group dotted with future pros. Cook is grateful to play behind them and deferential to their collective skill.

I just came harder than a Trailer Dweller in Washtenaw County masterbaitin' to Jim Harbaugh pictures.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-12-31, 01:17

I hope Cook just goes out and kicks ass and lands Cotton Bowl MVP, and then tries to sell Waynes and Calhoun on coming back for one last run led by him while his stock is so high and they agree.

I loved Cousins, but I think Cook might be my favorite QB of the Dantonio era. He just seems like a badass to have at QB.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-12-31, 06:29

Fuck Baylor.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-12-31, 09:24

Hopefully Lippitt can help out the secondary. We'll need them to hold their own tomorrow. Should be a pretty high scoring game.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-12-31, 09:28

Are both Calhoun and Wayne's planning on leaving?
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-12-31, 09:30

Also what did the defense do to prepare for the fast pace? How do substitutions work and does mannie run them extra hard?
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-12-31, 09:36

Stoops21 wrote:Are both Calhoun and Wayne's planning on leaving?

Calhoun for sure. Waynes... maybe.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-12-31, 09:42

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Damn did not know that
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-31, 10:06

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I thought it was the other way around. Waynes for sure, especially for 1st round money, I don't know how you turn down millions of guaranteed dollars.

Calhoun, I thought was on the fence, he hasn't been as dominant this year as last year, could be teams focusing more on him though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-12-31, 10:12

InTenSity wrote:
I thought it was the other way around. Waynes for sure, especially for 1st round money, I don't know how you turn down millions of guaranteed dollars.

Calhoun, I thought was on the fence, he hasn't been as dominant this year as last year, could be teams focusing more on him though.
Teams will focus on him even more next year with Rush gone, though I think we improve at DT next year so maybe not.

I think Calhoun comes back and Waynes leaves, but I would not be surprised if it was the other way around, or both left or both came back. All of them seem like they have a decent shot of happening.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-12-31, 10:24

InTenSity wrote:

Honestly, that may be the case now. That was what a friend of mine told me in the middle of the season. (He freelances for Hondo every once in a while)
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down