Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELPD

+9
Travis of the Cosmos
tTito
steveschneider
Blanch32
InTenSity
The Pantry
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
CORNER BLITZ
13 posters

Go down

ELPD  Empty ELPD

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-03-30, 15:43

Good thing they came in full riot gear and arrested kids for standing and others for throwing bagels

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2015/03/10_celebrators_in_custody_foll.html#incart_related_stories

More than 10 kids got cuffed and taken away. I drove up to watch with some friends (snap story 'pdbtb' if you want to see). The cops sat outside the group and every 5 minutes or so 4 to 6 of them charged into the group and each pulled out a person on the outside, cuffed them and took them to the ELPD van. That went on till the kid in the middle lit his sweatshirt on fire and police marched in, causing everyone to flee.

The sweatshirt got stomped out and around 1/2 the students returned but just to the sides of the streets
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

ELPD  Empty Re: ELPD

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-30, 15:44

affraid
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-30, 15:46

as a tax-paying permanent citizen of East Lansing, I'm glad to see the ELPD doing their job..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-30, 15:52

Man, I miss college!
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-03-30, 15:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:as a tax-paying permanent citizen of East Lansing, I'm glad to see the ELPD doing their job..
Which school is it that 8 city blocks are shut down when they make it to the final game? There is another school, where I swear, they have a designated area in which to burn couches or anything else. ELPD are nothing more than bullies.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-30, 15:58

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:as a tax-paying permanent citizen of East Lansing, I'm glad to see the ELPD doing their job..
Which school is it that 8 city blocks are shut down when they make it to the final game? There is another school, where I swear, they have a designated area in which to burn couches or anything else. ELPD are nothing more than bullies.
okay..

maybe these fine citizens should transfer to those schools.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-03-30, 16:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
okay..

Maybe there is no need to be out in riot gear when there isn't a riot. Instigating a riot, by wearing riot gear, and randomly arresting students for just being present (although I'm sure they will use the MIP to arrest them) doesn't sound right to most people. Maybe you enjoy a police state.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-30, 16:03

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
okay..

Maybe there is no need to be out in riot gear when there isn't a riot. Instigating a riot, by wearing riot gear, and randomly arresting students for just being present (although I'm sure they will use the MIP to arrest them) doesn't sound right to most people. Maybe you enjoy a police state.

This. And they wonder why no one born after 1980 wants to live there after college.....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-30, 16:04

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
okay..

I wasn't there.. and I'm certainly not going to rely on the Mlive or the Lansing State Urinal for an accurate account of what happened - when their sole existence is dependent upon sensationalizing a storyline for the purpose of getting online traffic.

so, yeah, if you're asking if I believe the ELPD versus the State Urinal or a few of spoiled brat kids who are likely whining to the parents right now about how mean the police are, I'll go with the ELPD.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-30, 16:09

100% true story, I was on the old RCMB board and I made a post about how dumb it was to riot or telling some other poster not to take it out on the cops.

Whatever, but about 15 minutes later an ELPD person PM'd me and thanked me for my post. Guy was on the board posing as a poster observing the people. He even gave me a suggestion of what I could post to win the argument against the other person.

So yeah, just a heads up the ELPD is on that board monitoring it as well as the rods.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-03-30, 16:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I wasn't there.. and I'm certainly not going to rely on the Mlive or the Lansing State Urinal for an accurate account of what happened - when their sole existence is dependent upon sensationalizing a storyline for the purpose of getting online traffic.

so, yeah, if you're asking if I believe the ELPD versus the State Urinal or a few of spoiled brat kids who are likely whining to the parents right now about how mean the police are, I'll go with the ELPD.

Right

Until

They

Shoot

An

Unarmed

Black

Kid

I really hate cops.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-03-30, 16:13

InTenSity wrote:

When we had the UNC "riots" a couple of their fans came to tRCMB and said basically...

'That's it? That's a riot? People are getting arrested fit that? We've got an area that looks like that (cedar village) and the cops/fire dept just close the streets off so cars can't go through and let the students do whatever. If a fire starts they let it go for a few minutes, then fire dept comes in, puts it out, and goes back outside the barricade. Eventually it dies down and students leave. No problems. No arrests. '
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-03-30, 16:15

tTito wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Right

Until

They

Shoot

An

Unarmed

Black

Kid

I really hate cops.

True life, the first person cuffed was a black girl just standing on the outskirts of the group
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-30, 16:19

steveschneider wrote:100% true story, I was on the old RCMB board and I made a post about how dumb it was to riot or telling some other poster not to take it out on the cops.

Whatever, but about 15 minutes later an ELPD person PM'd me and thanked me for my post. Guy was on the board posing as a poster observing the people. He even gave me a suggestion of what I could post to win the argument against the other person.

So yeah, just a heads up the ELPD is on that board monitoring it as well as the rods.

Why does this not shock me at all
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-03-30, 16:29

steveschneider wrote:100% true story, I was on the old RCMB board and I made a post about how dumb it was to riot or telling some other poster not to take it out on the cops.

Did you ask him what mistakes he made in his life that led him go being the guy that is assigned to reading a message board full of mostly 30+ year old dudes instead of doing real cop shit?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-03-30, 16:30

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Did you ask him what mistakes he made in his life that led him go being the guy that is assigned to reading a message board full of mostly 30+ year old dudes instead of doing real cop shit?

That is kind of disturbing that the ELPD has enough time to read MB's and then give 'advice' in order to be pro police state.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-30, 16:49

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I should have blown his cover, but then again he'd probably just create a new account 10 minutes later.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-03-30, 16:52

That's kind of fucked up.

So this seems to be a good a time as any to tell my riot story. I got sucked up in the '99 Final Four riot. We spent all day at Crunchy's. Like from noon until after the game ended. I'm pretty much plastered by the end of the game. Everyone starts emptying out and I'm walking back to our house on Orchard St. On the walk back, in my drunken stupor I'm noticing that Grand River is being taken over by drunk students/locals.

I wouldn't say it was a festive atmosphere seeing how we just lost, but there's some light hearted shenanigans taking place as everyone is emptying out from the bars, basically as drunk as I am. The closer i get to Orchard, the argrier the crowd seems to be getting. Kids are trying to tear down signs by this point. I heard some doofus yell out "Free Taco Bell!" We get back to the corner of Grand and Orchard and I can hear the crowd and see the fires coming from Cedar Village. I want to go check it out. Dumb move, but I was a dumb drunk college kid back then.

By this time I'm separated from everyone I know and I run into a huge crowd around a cop car as a few dumbasses are in the process of flipping it. It finally dawns on me that this is not the place to be. I start stumbling back to Orchard. I make it back to Grand in time to run into a line of riot cops. I'm in the middle of the street by myself and just as I think to myself, "Hey Pylon, you are in the wrong place, might want to get the fuck outta here." A cop pulls a gun on me and pops off a tear gas canister at my feet. I'm freaking out. At first thinking I was going to get shot, and then trying to figure out what the hell the cop shot at me. I stand there and take a full tear gas canister point blank. That was the 2nd time I thought I was going to die in the span of about 10 seconds. That sent me bolting back to our house.

To this day I wonder if that cop thought I was a threat or if he was just using me as target practice.

TL;DR: Got drunk during the '99 riot. Was dumb and went to Cedar Village. Got shot point blank by a tear gas canister.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-31, 07:17

I'm surprised he didn't get banned for having an opinion different from that of someone else..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-31, 07:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'm surprised he didn't get banned for having an opinion different from that of someone else..

Ok, this one is good Bob. Pls keep going in this direction
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-03-31, 07:48

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

So this seems to be a good a time as any to tell my riot story. I got sucked up in the '99 Final Four riot. We spent all day at Crunchy's. Like from noon until after the game ended. I'm pretty much plastered by the end of the game. Everyone starts emptying out and I'm walking back to our house on Orchard St. On the walk back, in my drunken stupor I'm noticing that Grand River is being taken over by drunk students/locals.

I wouldn't say it was a festive atmosphere seeing how we just lost, but there's some light hearted shenanigans taking place as everyone is emptying out from the bars, basically as drunk as I am. The closer i get to Orchard, the argrier the crowd seems to be getting. Kids are trying to tear down signs by this point. I heard some doofus yell out "Free Taco Bell!" We get back to the corner of Grand and Orchard and I can hear the crowd and see the fires coming from Cedar Village. I want to go check it out. Dumb move, but I was a dumb drunk college kid back then.

By this time I'm separated from everyone I know and I run into a huge crowd around a cop car as a few dumbasses are in the process of flipping it. It finally dawns on me that this is not the place to be. I start stumbling back to Orchard. I make it back to Grand in time to run into a line of riot cops. I'm in the middle of the street by myself and just as I think to myself, "Hey Pylon, you are in the wrong place, might want to get the fuck outta here." A cop pulls a gun on me and pops off a tear gas canister at my feet. I'm freaking out. At first thinking I was going to get shot, and then trying to figure out what the hell the cop shot at me. I stand there and take a full tear gas canister point blank. That was the 2nd time I thought I was going to die in the span of about 10 seconds. That sent me bolting back to our house.

To this day I wonder if that cop thought I was a threat or if he was just using me as target practice.

TL;DR: Got drunk during the '99 riot. Was dumb and went to Cedar Village. Got shot point blank by a tear gas canister.

What do you mean? He pulled a gun on you? He pointed it at you, and said don't move?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-31, 07:51

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-03-31, 08:10

I'd rather the cops enforced things to keep it to just Cedar Village, and let anyone who wants to riot, get it out in Cedar Village and be done with it.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-03-31, 08:19

NigelUno wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

What do you mean?  He pulled a gun on you?  He pointed it at you, and said don't move?

It was a tear gas canister "launcher"? I don't know the exact term. But it sure as shit looked like a gun in the dark. Didn't say a word. ELPD gonna ELPD.

I think it looked something like this.

ELPD  6_Shells_Revolver_Tear_Gas_Shell_Launcher_
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-03-31, 08:54

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What do you mean?  He pulled a gun on you?  He pointed it at you, and said don't move?

It was a tear gas canister "launcher"? I don't know the exact term. But it sure as shit looked like a gun in the dark. Didn't say a word. ELPD gonna ELPD.

I think it looked something like this.

ELPD  6_Shells_Revolver_Tear_Gas_Shell_Launcher_

Oh. Gotcha. You should have picked it up and thrown it back at them, and then ran as fast as you could.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-01, 00:45

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

When we had the UNC "riots" a couple of their fans came to tRCMB and said basically...

'That's it? That's a riot? People are getting arrested fit that? We've got an area that looks like that (cedar village) and the cops/fire dept just close the streets off so cars can't go through and let the students do whatever. If a fire starts they let it go for a few minutes, then fire dept comes in, puts it out, and goes back outside the barricade. Eventually it dies down and students leave. No problems. No arrests. '

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down