Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When football coaches see women as recruiting tools: Bloomberg opinion

+6
Blanch32
Code_Warrior
Rocinante
Marc Summers
LoneWolfSparty
Turtleneck
10 posters

Go down

When football coaches see women as recruiting tools: Bloomberg opinion Empty When football coaches see women as recruiting tools: Bloomberg opinion

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-30, 17:58

Rather critical take on how women are used in the recruiting process. It describes the letter to a UM recruit's girlfriend from Jay Harbaugh as "Inappropriate; unprofessional; desperate; creepy."

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/03/when_football_coaches_see_wome.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

When football coaches see women as recruiting tools: Bloomberg opinion Empty Re: When football coaches see women as recruiting tools: Bloomberg opinion

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-03-30, 17:58

Is she hot?
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

When football coaches see women as recruiting tools: Bloomberg opinion Empty Re: When football coaches see women as recruiting tools: Bloomberg opinion

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-30, 18:02

Can you really call a 15 year old a woman?
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-03-30, 18:05

Turtleneck wrote:Rather critical take on how women are used in the recruiting process. It describes the letter to a UM recruit's girlfriend from Jay Harbaugh as "Inappropriate; unprofessional; desperate; creepy."

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/03/when_football_coaches_see_wome.html

Meh. I'm not going to make it a moral thing. I just think it's pathetic. If Dantonio ever did the same thing, I'd say the same thing.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-30, 18:15

Rocinante wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Rather critical take on how women are used in the recruiting process. It describes the letter to a UM recruit's girlfriend from Jay Harbaugh as "Inappropriate; unprofessional; desperate; creepy."

Meh. I'm not going to make it a moral thing. I just think it's pathetic. If Dantonio ever did the same thing, I'd say the same thing.

Why do you think it is pathetic?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-03-30, 18:20

Why don't you think it's pathetic?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-03-30, 18:21

I don't know how often the "hostesses" have sex with recruits, but if they are consenting adults then I guess they can do what they want. But there is a big difference between a hostess having sex with a recruit out of some attraction and having sex as part of her hostess duties. Coaches who demand or expect the hostess to have sex with the recruit are nothing more than pimps, and if the recruit expects to be given sex in exchange for consideration, and the allegations can be proven, both the coach and the hostess should be charged with prostitution and the recruit charged with solicitation. Fry all their corrupt asses.

As far as contacting other people in the recruit's life goes, I guess it's up to the recruit to decide if they appreciate the extra effort, or just find it creepy. I would find it creepy and I would immediately drop SCum from my list.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-30, 18:22

Rocinante wrote:Why don't you think it's pathetic?

Did I say it was not pathetic? I was just curious about your reasoning.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-03-30, 18:24

Turtleneck wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Why don't you think it's pathetic?

Did I say it was not pathetic? I was just curious about your reasoning.

Tell me yours and I'll tell you mine.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-30, 18:25

I asked first.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-03-30, 18:27

Turtleneck wrote:I asked first.

Which is why I need an example to form my response.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-30, 19:12

But do they get equal pay?

Sincerely,

Bloomberg
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-03-30, 19:59

Rocinante wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:I asked first.

Which is why I need an example to form my response.

Because it is creepy and disrespects women.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-30, 20:06

Code_Warrior wrote:I don't know how often the "hostesses" have sex with recruits, but if they are consenting adults then I guess they can do what they want. But there is a big difference between a hostess having sex with a recruit out of some attraction and having sex as part of her hostess duties. Coaches who demand or expect the hostess to have sex with the recruit are nothing more than pimps, and if the recruit expects to be given sex in exchange for consideration, and the allegations can be proven, both the coach and the hostess should be charged with prostitution and the recruit charged with solicitation. Fry all their corrupt asses.

As far as contacting other people in the recruit's life goes, I guess it's up to the recruit to decide if they appreciate the extra effort, or just find it creepy. I would find it creepy and I would immediately drop SCum from my list.

Wat?

You want to throw people in cages for voluntarily having sex? Even under those circumstances?

If the NCAA wants to take issue with it, sure... but what does the law have to do with it?

Jesus, man...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-30, 20:18

Frankly, everything about the college experience uses females as a recruiting tool. The concept of having college cheerleaders is using females as a recruiting tool because the camera is always focused on them.

This shit isn't rocket science, men have been persuaded by their dicks since the beginning of time. In a lot of respects, pussy makes the world go around. Coaches would be dumb not to use females as recruiting tools, and I give every coach out there the thumbs up to do this.

And someone is talking about arresting coaches and hostesses for prostitution?!? Do you think all women who take financials into consideration before having sex with a guy should also be arrested? You think every girl who says, "He's in medical school. I think I'm going to fuck him tonight" should be placed in jail?!?

Prostitution is an act that should be legal(and basically is). Please re-attach your balls and realize how the world works. Don't be some pussified guy on the internet.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-03-30, 22:15

xsanguine wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:I don't know how often the "hostesses" have sex with recruits, but if they are consenting adults then I guess they can do what they want. But there is a big difference between a hostess having sex with a recruit out of some attraction and having sex as part of her hostess duties. Coaches who demand or expect the hostess to have sex with the recruit are nothing more than pimps, and if the recruit expects to be given sex in exchange for consideration, and the allegations can be proven, both the coach and the hostess should be charged with prostitution and the recruit charged with solicitation. Fry all their corrupt asses.

Wat?

You want to throw people in cages for voluntarily having sex? Even under those circumstances?

If the NCAA wants to take issue with it, sure... but what does the law have to do with it?

Jesus, man...
Well, I guess they could always take the recruits to Nevada where prostitution is legal and get them laid there if they didn't want to break the law. If prostitution is not legal in the school's state then what, exactly, does the NCAA have to do with anything? The NCAA isn't above the law. It's the corruption that I want punished, prostitution is just one means to do that.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-30, 22:41

Marc Summers wrote:Frankly, everything about the college experience uses females as a recruiting tool. The concept of having college cheerleaders is using females as a recruiting tool because the camera is always focused on them.

This shit isn't rocket science, men have been persuaded by their dicks since the beginning of time. In a lot of respects, pussy makes the world go around. Coaches would be dumb not to use females as recruiting tools, and I give every coach out there the thumbs up to do this.

And someone is talking about arresting coaches and hostesses for prostitution?!? Do you think all women who take financials into consideration before having sex with a guy should also be arrested? You think every girl who says, "He's in medical school. I think I'm going to fuck him tonight" should be placed in jail?!?

Prostitution is an act that should be legal(and basically is). Please re-attach your balls and realize how the world works. Don't be some pussified guy on the internet.

When football coaches see women as recruiting tools: Bloomberg opinion 3742235224 When football coaches see women as recruiting tools: Bloomberg opinion 3742235224 When football coaches see women as recruiting tools: Bloomberg opinion 3742235224
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-03-30, 22:42

It's just weird.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-03-31, 00:33

Marc Summers wrote:Frankly, everything about the college experience uses females as a recruiting tool. The concept of having college cheerleaders is using females as a recruiting tool because the camera is always focused on them.

Your attempt to equate a woman using financial measures to assess relationship suitability with prostitution is laughable. Your examples are contrived and utterly fail to make any relevant point. A prostitute sells sex for money. It's a simple exchange. No deception is involved and there's nothing dishonest about it. It's illegal though, and I don't care if you don't like it. However, a woman deciding to have sex on the basis that the guy has high income potential isn't prostitution, since there's no compensation in exchange for the sex, and no promise of future compensation is made. Your attempt at obfuscation misses the mark and makes you appear to have a cynical view of women's motives for sex. You appear to take pride as if your view is enlightened, but it's merely cynical and corrupt. The fact that you give a thumbs up to corruption is an indictment against you and your viewpoint.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-03-31, 02:19

Jay Harbrah is a recruiting tool.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down