Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rolling Stones coming to Comerica Park July 8th!

+12
AMwood
CheesySpartan
NigelUno
HT
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cym Jim
LoneWolfSparty
Jake from State Farm
The_Dude
16 posters

Go down

Rolling Stones coming to Comerica Park July 8th! Empty Rolling Stones coming to Comerica Park July 8th!

Post by The_Dude Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:33 pm

Tickets go on sale in a few weeks.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Rolling Stones coming to Comerica Park July 8th! Empty Re: Rolling Stones coming to Comerica Park July 8th!

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:35 pm

Ticketmaster will have them all on sale for three times face value shortly thereafter?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Rolling Stones coming to Comerica Park July 8th! Empty Re: Rolling Stones coming to Comerica Park July 8th!

Post by LoneWolfSparty Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:40 pm

Puke
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:51 pm

Ancient Bob Seger? Ancient Stones? Good god, contemporize dude.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:02 pm

Ive never seen Seger or Stones live...this probably my only chance lay off me.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:03 pm

F music.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:34 pm

What cracks me up is that when we were in college and they came to the silverdome in 82 we all had to get a ticket because "it might be the last chance you ever get to see them live". Rolling Stones coming to Comerica Park July 8th! 502811600

That was 33 fucking years ago.

Iggy Pop got booed and oranges thrown at his ass. Santana was awesome and the stones rocked.

33 years later, you better get tickets cause it might be the last chance you get to see them live.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:55 pm

I wish they would stop destroying the grass every summer at Comerica because of some concert when Ford Field is right next door. Maybe when the new Wings arena is opened because of ownership....
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:09 am

F Tricketmaster
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:39 am

Going to try to see them at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Hopefully tickets aren't too ridiculous.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:48 am

DWags wrote:What cracks me up is that when we were in college and they came to the silverdome in 82 we all had to get a ticket because "it might be the last chance you ever get to see them live". Rolling Stones coming to Comerica Park July 8th! 502811600

Iggy Pop got booed and oranges thrown at his ass. Santana was awesome and the stones rocked.

33 years later, you better get tickets cause it might be the last chance you get to see them live.

How are you pronouncing "live" in that last sentence?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:41 am

DWags wrote:What cracks me up is that when we were in college and they came to the silverdome in 82 we all had to get a ticket because "it might be the last chance you ever get to see them live". Rolling Stones coming to Comerica Park July 8th! 502811600

That was the same story when they came to Spartan Stadium in 94...unbelievable longevity.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:49 am

i was there. skipped out of school that day. do you remember during the intermissions the crowd would try to rush on to the field and the security guards stood in front of them and threw spin kicks into the masses just knocking the crap out of every random 20th person?
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:54 am

The Rolling Stones are in their 70s. It's time for them to be put out to pasture.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:04 pm

Didn't Mick break a hip on stage not that long ago? Hang em up old man.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:40 pm

11/30/81 & 12/1/81 I was at both shows.

Had to check myself out of the hospital to go because I didn't want to miss seeing the Stones one "last" time. I thought they were getting pretty old then, amazing that they're still touring in 2015. You could have won a BUNCH of $$ betting on that.

Remember they came out after Iggy played and listed all the shit thrown on stage?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:43 pm

AMwood wrote:

i was there. skipped out of school that day. do you remember during the intermissions the crowd would try to rush on to the field and the security guards stood in front of them and threw spin kicks into the masses just knocking the crap out of every random 20th person?

My most vivid memory other than the show was in the parking lot afterward. We'd taken a local bands box truck down so we could take easy chairs and a keg to drink on the way. We were sitting there working on finishing the keg when a car waiting to exit started burning about 30 feet from us. Of course with all the traffic no one could move so about 500 people just stood around and watched this poor sap's car burn up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 9:20 pm

Inside Mick Jagger and Keith Richards’s Five-Decade Bromance
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Tue May 10, 2016 9:30 pm

Any chance any of you admin fucks can change the date/time stamp so it displays the year of the post too?
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 9:54 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Any chance any of you admin fucks can change the date/time stamp so it displays the year of the post too?

Sorry man.....I didn't want to start a thread for that article, didn't merit it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue May 10, 2016 10:07 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:F music.
Don't get the music hate. Listen to news/talk radio 100% of the time while in the car?

Singing daughter left Miami after a month of rehearsals this morning headed to Portland. Her new contract is on Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas. Boat has been there the last few weeks undergoing renovations and upgrades until it starts a round of Alaskan cruises between Vancouver and Seward.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down