Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you guys play any sports recreationally or just watch?

+20
Gomer
Triple Sparty
WhiteBoyHatcher
Ass Dan
Nordic
Herbie Green
MiamiSpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
Cym Jim
Rocinante
Brock Middlebrook
The Pantry
InTenSity
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
I.B. Fine
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you guys play any sports recreationally or just watch? Empty Do you guys play any sports recreationally or just watch?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-06, 12:58

?

Just curious. I play a lot of basketball year round, and a decent amount of tennis in the summer.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Do you guys play any sports recreationally or just watch? Empty Re: Do you guys play any sports recreationally or just watch?

Post by kingstonlake 2015-04-06, 13:03

Yes
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Do you guys play any sports recreationally or just watch? Empty Re: Do you guys play any sports recreationally or just watch?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-06, 13:04

kingstonlake wrote:Yes

Go on..
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2015-04-06, 13:10

With a knee that looks like this, it makes you think carefully about your activities.
Do you guys play any sports recreationally or just watch? Dscf0869
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-04-06, 13:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Yes

Go on..

Golf a lot. Coach a little girls basketball and boys baseball. I'm a white guy with glasses so blanch probably wants me fired.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-06, 13:13

kingstonlake wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Go on..

Golf

I think he was asking about playing sports. Do you guys play any sports recreationally or just watch? 2943907172
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-06, 13:15

Turtleneck wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Golf

I think he was asking about playing sports. Do you guys play any sports recreationally or just watch? 2943907172

Do you guys play any sports recreationally or just watch? 502811600

Forgot that I "golf"..aka get fucked up while I shank left and right onto the wrong fairway..
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-06, 13:17

Golf, softball. But coed beer leagues... Not one of those weird leagues where every guy thinks they are going to turn their softball skills into a minor league contract.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-06, 13:29

I play BB a lot. Run a decent amount. Kayaking in the summer. I do a lot of other outdoor stuff that would probably not be considered sports.

No golf for me. I really dislike golf, but I do not mind the driving range.

Thinking about starting tennis, but I do not like pastel colors so that might sink that idea.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-06, 13:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Golf, softball. But coed beer leagues... Not one of those weird leagues where every guy thinks they are going to turn their softball skills into a minor league contract.

Do you guys play any sports recreationally or just watch? 502811600 I can see the guy you're referring to now.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-06, 14:32

Lifting and running now. Would love to play bball but no time. Pulled my hammy last time I played football. Still play disc golf on a rare occasion
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-06, 14:51

Only golf and I have to wear a knee brace to play. 2 bad knees makes walking up and down stairs a conscious thing, and I worry that one time I'm going to have my left knee buckle.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-06, 14:59

I.B. Fine wrote:With a knee that looks like this, it makes you think carefully about your activities.
Do you guys play any sports recreationally or just watch? Dscf0869
Are you any relation to pulling?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-04-06, 15:04

pocket pool
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-06, 15:05

Rec baseball
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-06, 15:07

I also ride my bike a lot and lift. But you specifically said sports, not recreational exercise, and unlike other people, I know the diff.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-04-06, 15:34

I play soccer, cricket, snooker, rowing, and darts - the big five if you will.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-06, 15:35

Cym Jim wrote:I play soccer, cricket, snooker, rowing, and darts - the big five if you will.

Really surprised there are no competitive eaters here.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-04-06, 15:46

Turtleneck wrote:
Cym Jim wrote:I play soccer, cricket, snooker, rowing, and darts - the big five if you will.

Indeed. And what about fishing, bowling etc.?
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-06, 15:59

I fish. Is fishing a sport? I'd say bowling is.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-06, 16:20

Rocinante wrote:I also ride my bike a lot and lift. But you specifically said sports, not recreational exercise, and unlike other people, I know the diff.

Oh I definitely recreationally exercise
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-04-06, 16:21

Hoop every once in a while. Thinking of doing a weightlifting comp but wouldn't call myself a weightlifter
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-06, 16:55

Turtleneck wrote:

I competitively eat pussy. The ladies say I deserve a trophy.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-04-06, 17:14

Hockey and softball... well I used to until I tore a calf muscle and it never healed quite right. Is treadmilling a sport?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-06, 17:31

Rocinante wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I competitively eat pussy. The ladies say I deserve a trophy.

For most sagebrush in your teeth?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-04-06, 18:07

Used to play softball in a work league, but haven't in years since that group stopped having a team. That was the only thing that I could still play that wasn't too hard on my knee and ankles.

I played soccer till I was in my late 20s. I'd wear a big knee brace (the kind offensive linemen wear) and it would get sore and tired after a game, but manageable. Then in one season it felt like my body was going down hill. Sprained my shoulder and got a hairline fracture in my arm early in the season. Neither required more than a sling for a few days and I was playing the next week, despite the doctor suggesting I take a few weeks off. Then I got a pretty bad ankle sprain, and some tendonitis on top of that, and I decided it wasn't worth it any longer. My body was saying to stop playing high impact sports. It's not that the injuries themselves put me off, but when you go to work in an office every day trying to build a career and are repeatedly coming in hobbled in some way, it didn't feel very professional. It was time to grow up.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-06, 18:22

Getting old sounds awful affraid
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-06, 19:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Getting old sounds awful affraid

LWS can tell you all about getting old and the other side of getting old (where you're just old). He is 67.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-04-06, 20:56

I swam in Masters until a couple years ago. I am hoping to find the time and motivation to get back into it - starting with an open water swim this summer.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-04-06, 21:47

I play Crossfit
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-04-06, 22:00

I play soccer. Goalie. I'm better than the other dudes I play with, but I also realize no one else wants to play goalie.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-04-06, 22:07

I don't have a lot of extra time with 2 little kids but whenever I can I try to squeeze in some Indy Car racing on the side.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-04-06, 22:12

Basketball once a week at the local rec club.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-04-06, 22:45

Beer league ice hockey year 'round. Jug diddling.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-06, 23:08

Use to play wallyball 2 hours a week with a bunch of friends until I was 40. Very competitive group and was a really good workout. Too old for that now.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-04-06, 23:10

Nordic wrote:I play Crossfit

Starting to do that too
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-04-06, 23:30

Fuck duke.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-04-06, 23:38

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:?

Just curious. I play a lot of basketball year round, and a decent amount of tennis in the summer.

IM east or west?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-06, 23:43

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

IM east or west?

Strikes me as an IM Circle guy (if you can still play there).
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-06, 23:55

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

IM east or west?

West. Mostly outside when it's nice.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next