Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I have the right to watch MSU sports?

+11
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
Death Roe
DWags
aualum06
Clarett's Folly
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
Bill Cain
15 posters

Go down

Do I have the right to watch MSU sports? Empty Do I have the right to watch MSU sports?

Post by Bill Cain 2017-09-10, 20:57

I attended MSU but never graduated.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Do I have the right to watch MSU sports? Empty Re: Do I have the right to watch MSU sports?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-10, 21:01

Yes. Or ask duff.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Do I have the right to watch MSU sports? Empty Re: Do I have the right to watch MSU sports?

Post by The Pantry 2017-09-10, 21:03

No. Or ask Bob.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-09-10, 21:04

Yes. Just don't be a tDude.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-09-10, 21:12

Aren't you like Ross's friend or some shit? Some High School kid looking for attention?

You can root for whoever you like, but I will wait for duffy munn's official ruling.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-09-10, 21:14

what the fuck?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-09-10, 21:16

Who cares?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-10, 21:18

I'm not worried.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-10, 21:43

You gotta fight for your right to... I have a dream!!
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-10, 21:59

gHost Spartan wrote:Is Muffy the authority on these types of things? How did I miss that?
Beyond the fact that he always has had quite the hard on for defining what type of fandom was allowed.... the most recent time in which he defined who was and wasn't a SPARTAN, we had a whole conversation about it. You posted in the thread like 10 times. It was 2 weeks ago. I think you should check to make sure you did not have a stroke in that time.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-09-10, 22:01

gHost Spartan wrote:Is Muffy the authority on these types of things? How did I miss that?

You were in Zimbabwe.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-10, 22:08

gHost Spartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Beyond the fact that he always has had quite the hard on for defining what type of fandom was allowed.... the most recent time in which he defined who was and wasn't a SPARTAN, we had a whole conversation about it. You posted in the thread like 10 times. It was 2 weeks ago. I think you should check to make sure you did not have a stroke in that time.
Oh YEAH, I must've FORGOTTEN about MUFFY'S definition of SPARTAN
At the game on Saturday I went up to every person in WMU clothing I saw and screamed "HAROO" in their face, then I grabbed my crumpled up DEGREE from my pocket to prove that I'm a SPARTAN then I ran off to find someone else to shame. I think I showed those ASSHOLES good.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-10, 22:10

Bill, don’t go by the rule book... I lead from the heart, not the head..

MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-10, 22:14

Lots of people in the history of MSU athletics pretending to be real SPARTANS. Jack Ebling should write a book about it. He could tour and sign copies.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-10, 22:15

Bill Cain wrote:I attended MSU but never graduated.

ALUMNUS, but not a SPARTAN. Sorry, I don't make the rules, I just blindly follow them.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-09-10, 22:16

tGreenWay wrote:Lots of people in the history of MSU athletics pretending to be real SPARTANS. Jack Ebling should write a book about it. He could tour and sign copies.

Sounds like a guy who should have a radio show, one that people could drive with.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-10, 22:18

I don't think we ever settled the conversation about how MAGIC JOHNSON only went to school there for 2 years so he's either not a SPARTAN or BILL CAIN is a SPARTAN. Is there some kind of EXEMPTION PROCESS where we can designate certain non alumni as SPARTANS while still not allowing regular folk who didn't graduate SPARTAN status?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-10, 22:25

NigelUno wrote:

You were in Zimbabwe.

He was so in Zim.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-09-10, 22:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Aren't you like Ross's friend or some shit? Some High School kid looking for attention?

You can root for whoever you like, but I will wait for duffy munn's official ruling.

All fans are welcome. But there is a difference between fans and authentic Spartans.

And before OTPT chimes in about Izzo, etc, coaches are Spartans.

I hope this clears things up. Go Green.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-10, 22:26

MattyFresh wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Lots of people in the history of MSU athletics pretending to be real SPARTANS. Jack Ebling should write a book about it. He could tour and sign copies.

Sounds like a guy who should have a radio show, one that people could drive with.

You're onto something here. He'd be good company while driving. I hope he reads us. And by us, I mean you and me but not Travis or Pantry.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-10, 22:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don't think we ever settled the conversation about how MAGIC JOHNSON only went to school there for 2 years so he's either not a SPARTAN or BILL CAIN is a SPARTAN. Is there some kind of EXEMPTION PROCESS where we can designate certain non alumni as SPARTANS while still not allowing regular folk who didn't graduate SPARTAN status?

MAGIC: Not a SPARTAN.
Craig SIMPSON: Not a SPARTAN.
WILL Gholston: NOT a SPARTAN.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-10, 22:34

tGreenWay wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don't think we ever settled the conversation about how MAGIC JOHNSON only went to school there for 2 years so he's either not a SPARTAN or BILL CAIN is a SPARTAN. Is there some kind of EXEMPTION PROCESS where we can designate certain non alumni as SPARTANS while still not allowing regular folk who didn't graduate SPARTAN status?

They're welcome to be fans but they will NOT get the $0.50 discount SPARTANS get on concessions or access to the private trough to piss in.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-09-10, 22:41

tGreenWay wrote:

Is this your rule?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-10, 22:45

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Is this your rule?

I heard it was your rule.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-10, 22:51

You win big games for MSU so I can live vicariously through your glory, you're a Spartan.   The fuck has this Bill Cain ever done where I can live through his hard work?   Pretty simple in my book
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-10, 22:58

Do I have the right to watch MSU sports? 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-10, 23:08

. the most recent time in which he defined who was and wasn't a SPARTAN, we had a whole conversation about it. You posted in the thread like 10 times. It was 2 weeks ago. I think you should check to make sure you did not have a stroke in that time.
Do I have the right to watch MSU sports? 1966794946
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-10, 23:10

DWags wrote:
You win big games for MSU so I can live vicariously through your glory, you're a Spartan.   The fuck has this Bill Cain ever done where I can live through his hard work?   Pretty simple in my book
That's fair.

But, a more apt comparison to bill Cain would be RUSSEL BYRD. He got to kiss a thing as a recall and there were some people that fuckin lost their minds about it. Was that because he wasn't SPARTAN enough? He didn't win any games at all and mostly lived vicariously through his teammates like us.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-10, 23:15

DWags wrote:
That's fair.

But, a more apt comparison to bill Cain would be RUSSEL BYRD. He got to kiss a thing as a recall and there were some people that fuckin lost their minds about it. Was that because he wasn't SPARTAN enough? He didn't win any games at all and mostly lived vicariously through his teammates like us.

This is a very good point and will forever be known as "The Travis/Byrd factoid" when having these serious debates about fandom..
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-09-11, 01:46

What the shit is going on with this thread?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down