Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Book on the Carolina Cheating case

+14
Watch Out Pylon!
WhiteBoyHatcher
Clarett's Folly
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
tGreenWay
duffy munn
steveschneider
The_Dude
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Death Roe
Blanch32
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

New Book on the Carolina Cheating case - Page 3 Empty Re: New Book on the Carolina Cheating case

Post by DWags 2016-04-27, 21:47

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

The system perpetuated "national title" games.  We would see teams like Boise State never invited to the NC game because polls and writers were slanted.  In turn, we'd see things like a team perpetually put into the top ten.  Here's an interesting break down:

It's not what you get rated, it's what you do with it.

It's just a chart that really tells us which teams were perpetually over rated and which were perpetually under rated.  

As the playoffs expand, we'll see more and more teams with classes that are "lesser ranked" win and do well in the playoffs.   We see it in basketball all the time where teams will be beat those teams that we've believed to be the best all year.   But if you only have to win one game (up until 2015) and now 2 games, it still can be a skewed stat that recruitnics like yourself ( I know you've told us you aren't but obviously you really are- most uofm fans are) can use to say "see it' takes a huge class to win a title.  Those titles were phony as can be and even the last two years we can't be real sure.  As we expand the playoffs, we'll see that those rankings will match up less and less with what really is a true power.  

finally, why wasn't Harbaugh able to take the classes that Hoke had and beat MSU or Utah with them?  I'm puzzled.  If he is anywhere near the coach Dantonio or Whittingham is, he was able to work with a much more talented crew.

A one year sample size means dick and Hokes classes had a tremendous attrition rate.

Those are both unbiased factual statements.

So, what are you basing a possible big run by Jim Harbaugh on? A one year recruiting cycle or a feeling you as a uofm fan has?

The over rated under rated chart is a quarter century of sample size and it's balls on fucking accurate.

The more we expand the playoffs, the more recruiting rankings wool mean shit. And it's going to kill all the fun you uofm guys have in the off season.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

New Book on the Carolina Cheating case - Page 3 Empty Re: New Book on the Carolina Cheating case

Post by duffy munn 2016-04-27, 21:58

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

A one year sample size means dick and Hokes classes had a tremendous attrition rate.

Those are both unbiased factual statements.

So, what are you basing a possible big run by Jim Harbaugh on? A one year recruiting cycle or a feeling you as a uofm fan has?

The over rated under rated chart is a quarter century of sample size and it's balls on fucking accurate.

The more we expand the playoffs, the more recruiting rankings wool mean shit. And it's going to kill all the fun you uofm guys have in the off season.

tDudes narrative is almost verbatim that of a Walverine. Harbaugh is God, we are Michigan fer god's sake, wait til he gets his guys. I'm surprised he hasn't busted out the " most wins all-time" bullshit.

Wake me up when Harbaugh beats a rival in conference. I know, tDude, this has nothing to do with national titles and the Messiah will win one at U of M, right ?

For a minute I thought he was actually a Spartan. I was wrong. He's a Walvie.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-04-27, 22:07

so maybe mr. lebowski is a social michigan graduate. so like he can't stand the dorks on mgoblog so he comes here to shoot the shit. he does live in royal oak, yeah? cool area.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-04-27, 22:14

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:so maybe mr. lebowski is a social michigan graduate. so like he can't stand the dorks on mgoblog so he comes here to shoot the shit. he does live in royal oak, yeah? cool area.

Nah, he's a walvie and really no different than the dorks on mogoblog. His talking points are exactly the same.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-13, 09:45

Decision coming down at 10am

Seth Davis‏Verified account @SethDavisHoops 9m9 minutes ago
The big question on the table: Will the NCAA order UNC to vacate the 2005 title? That would be a first.

Seth Davis‏Verified account @SethDavisHoops 8m8 minutes ago
As it happens the school is going to raise the 2017 banner tonight. That is going to be surreal.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-13, 10:03

They didn't cheat per NCAA. Awesome.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-13, 10:03

Pat Forde‏Verified account @YahooForde 59s59 seconds ago
Wow. UNC skates. Oh boy

New Book on the Carolina Cheating case - Page 3 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-13, 10:04

Seth Davis‏Verified account @SethDavisHoops 38s38 seconds ago
BREAKING: COI “could not conclude” academic violations in NCAA case.

"could not conclude" really means "didn't want to conclude".
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-13, 10:08

Lol
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-13, 10:10

New Book on the Carolina Cheating case - Page 3 31e1toywblmy
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-13, 10:13

Seth Davis‏Verified account @SethDavisHoops 13s13 seconds ago
Somewhere Jerry Tarkanian is laughing his ass off
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-13, 10:13

Makes me like Calipari even more. At least he’s transparent.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-13, 10:13

The NCAA just sucks. Honestly. As a reminder. Tom Izzo got suspended for paying a very good high school coach 300 dollars to coach a basketball camp.

Fuck the NCAA. I wish Gors and Gilbert would just say, "Lets start cheating as much as possible."
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-13, 10:14

Floyd Robertson wrote: Seth Davis‏Verified account @SethDavisHoops 13s13 seconds ago
Somewhere Jerry Tarkanian is laughing his ass off

Another transparent coach. He is missed.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-13, 10:15

Do all the profs that were fired get their jobs back?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-13, 10:23

steveschneider wrote:Makes me like Calipari even more. At least he’s transparent.

The older I get the more I appreciate Calipari's approach. We're all sitting here like "Coach Cal cheats," and he's like "if I'm cheating why haven't I been punished?"
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-13, 10:48

Clarett's Folly wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Makes me like Calipari even more. At least he’s transparent.

The older I get the more I appreciate Calipari's approach. We're all sitting here like "Coach Cal cheats," and he's like "if I'm cheating why haven't I been punished?"

Like most cheaters (Tarkanian, Fisher, Calipari) they'll just go get a job at the next school that wants a winning team.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-10-13, 11:01

I never really cared much about this story.  It seems like all the non-stories at every other D1 school is as much of a story.   I don't see them lining up to do their own investigations to see what kind of academic standards their athletes are held to.  Does that mean they are clean?  Lol
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2017-10-13, 15:48

DWags wrote:The NCAA just sucks.  Honestly.  As a reminder.  Tom Izzo got suspended for paying a very good high school coach 300 dollars to coach a basketball camp.  

Fuck the NCAA.   I wish Gors and Gilbert would just say, "Lets start cheating as much as possible."  
It was Carlton Valentine, right?
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-15, 14:34

Stewart Mandel‏Verified account @slmandel 2h2 hours ago

NCAA finally nails UNC for academic fraud.

============
Inside the NCAA‏Verified account @InsidetheNCAA

Northern Colorado men's basketball staff members violated academic fraud and recruiting rules. Penalties include three years of probation and a one-year postseason ban.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-15, 16:47

Seems like a fake news to me. You're just swallowing the turds the media is selling you. What went on at UNC goes on elsewhere.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-15, 16:48

Turtleneck wrote:Seems like a fake news to me. You're just swallowing the turds the media is selling you. What went on at UNC goes on elsewhere.

It can't be pleasant going through life full of bitterness.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-15, 16:51

LooseGoose wrote:Stewart Mandel‏Verified account @slmandel 2h2 hours ago

============

Northern Colorado men's basketball staff members violated academic fraud and recruiting rules. Penalties include three years of probation and a one-year postseason ban.

New Book on the Carolina Cheating case - Page 3 502811600

Fuckin NCAA
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-12-15, 16:54

LooseGoose wrote:Stewart Mandel‏Verified account @slmandel 2h2 hours ago

============

Good one.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-15, 17:27

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Seems like a fake news to me. You're just swallowing the turds the media is selling you. What went on at UNC goes on elsewhere.

It can't be pleasant going through life full of bitterness.

At what age does the skin really start to thin out?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3