Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harbs, baaaahaaaa!

+24
duffy munn
Jaheab
Pervis Muldoon
Nordic
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
LoneWolfSparty
Green Note
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
Blanch32
Turtleneck
I.B. Fine
y2kMgrad
xsanguine
Robert J Sakimano
HT
DWags
tGreenWay
NigelUno
tanfan!
Rocinante
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Harbs, baaaahaaaa! Empty Harbs, baaaahaaaa!

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-09, 17:54

https://twitter.com/SpartanSwillMSU/status/585980002648199168

Is this ballsy or stupid in the context of the cancellation of the screening on UM campus?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Harbs, baaaahaaaa! Empty Re: Harbs, baaaahaaaa!

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-09, 18:03

He is an attention whore and a complete phony. He clearly thinks winning games is going to be pretty easy because he doesn't appear to be all that focused on his actual job. Very excited for Dantonio, and even Meyer, to put their very American boots up his ass.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-04-09, 19:26

Hero worship is out of control. Scum has hired a publicist to send daily fluf pieces to the Detroit media and it's working. The walmarters are eating it up.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-09, 19:42

Turtleneck wrote:He is an attention whore and a complete phony. He clearly thinks winning games is going to be pretty easy because he doesn't appear to be all that focused on his actual job. Very excited for Dantonio, and even Meyer, to put their very American boots up his ass.

You're a great American.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-09, 19:55

Clearly not as great at Harbaugh, who is really proud to be an American where at least he knows he is free.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-04-09, 19:59

Turtleneck wrote:Clearly not as great at Harbaugh, who is really proud to be an American where at least he knows he is free.

He is proud to be an American and displays an Enthusiasm Unknown to Mankind regarding it.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-09, 20:05

HT wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Clearly not as great at Harbaugh, who is really proud to be an American where at least he knows he is free.

He is proud to be an American and displays an Enthusiasm Unknown to Mankind regarding it.

He has that same enthusiasm for the camera and Twitter.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2015-04-09, 23:19

I like it, but I'm slightly biased.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-04-10, 01:52

y2kMgrad wrote:I like it, but I'm slightly biased.

Betcha the higher-ups in Admin weren't too pleased with his performance.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-04-10, 02:05

I just think he's kind of crazy. I have no issue with his political stance but can you imagine Saban Urbz or Dantonio tweeting that? I just think having the cold blooded well thought out guy is better for business.

I can't tell you if Izzo or DAntonio are left or right wing. I know they love their university and respect the military but they'd never wear those emotions like that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-04-10, 02:24

DWags wrote:I just think he's kind of crazy. I have no issue with his political stance but can you imagine Saban Urbz or Dantonio tweeting that? I just think having the cold blooded well thought out guy is better for business.

I can't tell you if Izzo or DAntonio are left or right wing. I know they love their university and respect the military but they'd never wear those emotions like that.

He embarrassed his bosses and alienated over half his fan base, whether he meant to or not. It's like you said--he's nuts. It's a Christ complex, and it will lead to his flame-out in Ann Arbor in fairly short order.
And you're right about Izzo and Dantonio keeping their politics out of the public eye. I don't know what it is and I don't care what it is. MD will talk about his faith but only if he's asked specifically. He's not a preacher. And neither coach would have done what Jeem did, at least not without first asking MH. For example, TI signed his name -- along with the other Final Four coaches -- to a letter stating their opposition to Indiana's RFRA prior to its amendment. I can't possibly imagine Izzo doing that without giving Hollis the heads up, if not asking for his blessing outright. Our coaches work for the benefit of their programs and the University. Harbrah works for the benefit of himself.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-10, 03:22

This could be the finest shit show of the last 25 years. It could make the Hoke debacle seem boring.

Don't know about you guys but I'm stocking up popcorn for the next 3-4 years.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-04-10, 07:55

xsanguine wrote:This could be the finest shit show of the last 25 years. It could make the Hoke debacle seem boring.

It's only going to be a shitshow if he doesn't win. As long as he wins, he could try to start a genocide and the Michigan fans would still treat him like the second coming of Christ.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-10, 08:05

bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-10, 09:06

HT wrote:
xsanguine wrote:This could be the finest shit show of the last 25 years. It could make the Hoke debacle seem boring.

It's only going to be a shitshow if he doesn't win. As long as he wins, he could try to start a genocide and the Michigan fans would still treat him like the second coming of Christ.

True.

But unless these kids are secret super stars and we just don't know it yet... it's going to take a couple of years for him to get anything meaningful going. In that time, something tells me he does something that causes a bigger ruckus than usual.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2015-04-10, 09:57

DWags wrote:I just think he's kind of crazy. I have no issue with his political stance but can you imagine Saban Urbz or Dantonio tweeting that? I just think having the cold blooded well thought out guy is better for business.

I thought it needed to be said. And who better to say it than the most popular guy in Ann Arbor?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2015-04-10, 10:01

tGreenWay wrote:
He embarrassed his bosses and alienated over half his fan base, whether he meant to or not. It's like you said--he's nuts. It's a Christ complex, and it will lead to his flame-out in Ann Arbor in fairly short order.

Your right about embarrassing his bosses, not sure about half the fan base. The ones that were protesting the movie are not likely hard core Walvarines.
The big question is, did he offend any big donars?
That is what will have him shown the door the quickest.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-10, 10:02

DWags wrote:I just think he's kind of crazy.  I have no issue with his political stance but can you imagine Saban Urbz or Dantonio tweeting that?   I just think having the cold blooded well thought out guy is better for business.  

I can't tell you if Izzo or DAntonio are left or right wing.  I know they love their university and respect the military but they'd never wear those emotions like that.

People that worship the military so loudly, as if they are more patriotic than everybody else simply because they are louder about their patriotism, are rather annoying when they have never actually served.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-10, 10:09

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:I just think he's kind of crazy.  I have no issue with his political stance but can you imagine Saban Urbz or Dantonio tweeting that?   I just think having the cold blooded well thought out guy is better for business.  

I can't tell you if Izzo or DAntonio are left or right wing.  I know they love their university and respect the military but they'd never wear those emotions like that.

People that worship the military so loudly, as if they are more patriotic than everybody else simply because they are louder about their patriotism, are rather annoying when they have never actually served.
this..

also, people who think that a slick jingoistic Hollywood production is a comment on what it's like to be a real American are entertaining. It was a movie.. that's all it was.

Of course, I don't expect the people who thought it to be something bigger than it was to understand that. They're often the same people who think that having a stockpile of loaded guns in your house makes you more of a christian.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-10, 10:28

tGreenWay wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:I like it, but I'm slightly biased.

Betcha the higher-ups in Admin weren't too pleased with his performance.

Yea who would want to coach at a school than bans things like free thought BC they have a political disagreement.

Of course my ex would have loved this move by the admin since nothing good can come of the Iraqi war, and we nevered nothing since Vietnam....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-10, 10:29

tGreenWay wrote:

And you're right about Izzo and Dantonio keeping their politics out of the public eye. I don't know what it is and I don't care what it is. MD will talk about his faith but only if he's asked specifically. He's not a preacher. And neither coach would have done what Jeem did, at least not without first asking MH. For example, TI signed his name -- along with the other Final Four coaches -- to a letter stating their opposition to Indiana's RFRA prior to its amendment. I can't possibly imagine Izzo doing that without giving Hollis the heads up, if not asking for his blessing outright. Our coaches work for the benefit of their programs and the University. Harbrah works for the benefit of himself.

I'm sorry but no way does half the walmarters disagree with him. Maybe 10% max
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2015-04-10, 10:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

this..

also, people who think that a slick jingoistic Hollywood production is a comment on what it's like to be a real American are entertaining. It was a movie.. that's all it was.

Of course, I don't expect the people who thought it to be something bigger than it was to understand that. They're often the same people who think that having a stockpile of loaded guns in your house makes you more of a christian.

Does Harbaugh worship the military loudly? I'm not on the Twitters but from what I understand it was literally 1 tweet of hundreds he's written. I lean left but I liked the movie and thought it was absurd the University wouldn't play it.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-10, 10:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

this..

Bob,

Solid post right here. Glad to know, you use your free speech right to break away from your people. With out this platform I would have assumed you just fell in line
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-10, 10:32

y2kMgrad wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
this..

Does Harbaugh worship the military loudly? I'm not on the Twitters but from what I understand it was literally 1 tweet of hundreds he's written. I lean left but I liked the movie and thought it was absurd the University wouldn't play it.
I have no idea. Everything I know about scUM I learn from MSU fans..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-10, 10:33

Blanch32 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
this..

Bob,

Solid post right here. Glad to know, you use your free speech right to break away from your people. With out this platform I would have assumed you just fell in line
I'll pray for you.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-10, 10:33

His post indicates he is one of those folks that likes to put on phony patriotic performances.

I have not seen the movie. No interest. I am not sure how watching the movie correlates with loving the country more than other people, but I am clearly a shitty American.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-10, 10:40

Turtleneck wrote:His post indicates he is one of those folks that likes to put on phony patriotic performances.

I have not seen the movie. No interest. I am not sure how watching the movie correlates with loving the country more than other people, but I am clearly a shitty American.

I'm not even sure what movie you're talking about. The Patriot?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-04-10, 10:42

I loved The Patriot.

Wait. We're talking about the Steven Seagal Patriot, right?

Harbs, baaaahaaaa! 000000857890
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-10, 10:43

Turtleneck wrote:His post indicates he is one of those folks that likes to put on phony patriotic performances.

you can make up for not seeing the movie by doing one of the following this weekend:

a) buying guns
b) buying bibles
c) buying guns and bibles
d) extolling the virtue of NASCAR
e) pretending to care about "black on black" crime
f) dusting off your jorts for the upcoming summer
g) celebrating the weekend by purchasing processed meat stix
h) publicly proclaiming your love for corporate country music because of how rock music changed after 9/11

being an active participant in any of these activities will excuse you from seeing "American Sniper" - a slick Hollywood production specifically designed to take the money out of the pockets of the very people who are conditioned to have contempt for Hollywood.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-10, 10:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

you can make up for not seeing the movie by doing one of the following this weekend:

a) buying guns
b) buying bibles
h) publicly proclaiming your love for corporate country music because of how rock music changed after 9/11

being an active participant in any of these activities will excuse you from seeing "American Sniper" - a slick Hollywood production specifically designed to take the money out of the pockets of the very people who are conditioned to have contempt for Hollywood.

Are you Ted Cruz's campaign manager?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-10, 10:58

I'm on the side with the guys who think watching a movie has nothing to do patriotism. And also on the side that doesn't care how much of an "American" one is Harbs, baaaahaaaa! 502811600

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-10, 10:58

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

a) buying guns
b) buying bibles

no.. but I admire him as an American and as christian.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-04-10, 10:59

tGreenWay wrote:
alienated over half his fan base,
I doubt that. If half the fanbase was opposed to the movie before his comments, they're 100% in support of the movie now. They will follow anything he says/does, even if it is contrary to every opinion they've ever held. He's Harbaugh, after all.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-10, 10:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm on the side with the guys who think watching a movie has nothing to do patriotism. And also on the side that doesn't care how much of an "American" one is Harbs, baaaahaaaa! 502811600

and that makes you a great American.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-10, 10:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

no..

You should be.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-10, 11:00

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:
alienated over half his fan base,
I doubt that.  If half the fanbase was opposed to the movie before his comments, they're 100% in support of the movie now.  They will follow anything he says/does, even if it is contrary to every opinion they've ever held.  He's Harbaugh, after all.  
if a fanbase gets upset about whether or not Jim Harbaugh goes to a certain movie, they have bigger issues than being associated with SCum.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Note 2015-04-10, 11:43

Rocinante wrote:https://twitter.com/SpartanSwillMSU/status/585980002648199168

Is this ballsy or stupid in the context of the cancellation of the screening on UM campus?

two thumbs up
Green Note
Green Note
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-10, 12:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

a) buying guns
b) buying bibles

You displayed a distinct lack of creativity with option "C". You had already covered those bases with A & B. Better if Option C had been "Buy Ammo" or "Buy Survival Foods". Try a little harder next time, more creativity = better mocking of your lessers.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-10, 12:16

y2kMgrad wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
this..

Really? Because they really chose not to screen it because of complaints from student organizations. They were being reactive to the feelings of their diverse student body, as they should be. Universities shouldn't take official political stances like "fuck em... you don't like it, you can git out". They should be neutered politically.

I have not seen the movie and don't care. But for Harbs to spit in the face of the admin like this, and then for them TO REVERSE COURSE is heavenly.

The Harbs experiment will not end well.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-04-10, 12:19

Rocinante wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:

Really? Because they really chose not to screen it because of complaints from student organizations. They were being reactive to the feelings of their diverse student body, as they should be. Universities shouldn't take official political stances like "fuck em... you don't like it, you can git out". They should be neutered politically.

Perfect... because politics should be neutered.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next