Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coach D v. harbs

+6
SpartanInNH
Code_Warrior
Herbie Green
WhiteBoyHatcher
NigelUno
CORNER BLITZ
10 posters

Go down

Coach D v. harbs Empty Coach D v. harbs

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-10-20, 22:03

http://isportsweb.com/2015/10/20/a-tale-of-two-punts-a-case-study-of-dantonio-and-harbaugh/

Looks at Coach D's handling of the Wisconsin flop in tB1G championship game vs. harbs handling of scums punter

It doesn’t often come down to one player making one mistake to change the entire direction of a game. It’s not usual that one player can make a mistake so devastating that it reverses the entire emotional mindset of a fan base. From jubilation to devastation in an instant.

Yet it has happened twice in the state of Michigan in the last four years… once by Michigan State in December 2011 and once by Michigan last weekend. Taking a look at the way in which the coaches handled the situations is intriguing. Here we go:
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Coach D v. harbs Empty Re: Coach D v. harbs

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-20, 22:08

I forgot about that play. Odd that it hasn't really come up.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-20, 22:11

I don't really dislike Harbs yet. I think he's a maniac and find him entertaining and somewhat embarrassing. And I do think he's a very good-great coach. But yeah he fucked up there. 

The kid admitted that no one told him to fall on the ball if he bobbled it. The kid admitted he had no pass option there, yet Michigan had a gunner to the left of the formation who was unflanked. And Harbs didn't exactly take one for the team in the aftermath. He didn't handle it well.

That said I think they did the right thing by putting the kid in front of the media and he handled it well. Now everyone can move on inside their football building.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-10-20, 22:13

Seems like a stretch but he does have a point. That punter didn't do much wrong except being thrown into a difficult split second situation which was largely caused by coaching failure.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-10-20, 22:56

Rich Rod did the same thing to Mesko on the botched fake punt play, threw him under the bus in the press conference. I thought Rich Rod was a complete asshole for doing that and I think Harbaugh is an asshole too. If Harbaugh had any character he would've taken the heat. Hell, look at the Rutgers interim coach's news conference after his QB spiked the ball on 4th down, that coach flat out said "I told him to do it, it's on me". I give Dantonio and the Rutgers coach a lot of credit because their players will now run through a brick wall for them, and in MSU's case it's paying dividends now. Harbaugh's players will remain nervous because they know that if they make a mistake, Harbaugh will throw them under the bus, and that will bite SCum's ass when crunch time comes again in the future.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-10-21, 20:17

Code_Warrior wrote:Rich Rod did the same thing to Mesko on the botched fake punt play, threw him under the bus in the press conference. I thought Rich Rod was a complete asshole for doing that and I think Harbaugh is an asshole too. If Harbaugh had any character he would've taken the heat. Hell, look at the Rutgers interim coach's news conference after his QB spiked the ball on 4th down, that coach flat out said "I told him to do it, it's on me". I give Dantonio and the Rutgers coach a lot of credit because their players will now run through a brick wall for them, and in MSU's case it's paying dividends now. Harbaugh's players will remain nervous because they know that if they make a mistake, Harbaugh will throw them under the bus, and that will bite SCum's ass when crunch time comes again in the future.

Coach D v. harbs 3493939353
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-10-21, 20:34

Whats the exact quote of Harbaugh throwing his player under the bus?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-10-21, 21:00

The_Dude wrote:Whats the exact quote of Harbaugh throwing his player under the bus?

Since you're too goddamned lazy to click on the actual link and read it for yourself, hey, ya fatass, here's the quote:

“Snap was low. Just below the knees and he, he didn’t field it cleanly. Looked like then he bobbled it again, kinda kicked it again a little bit. Looked like he was trying to kick it when he was in traffic. I mean, you saw it, is that about the way you saw it? Very unfortunate.

Yup, talked to (O’Neill). He said after he bobbled it, he still thought he could get the ball kicked. It was a mistake. Mistake was made. Mistakes were made, mistakes were made in not fielding it cleanly. And then once he bobbled it a few times, he should have just fell on it. So, mistakes were made. Very unfortunate.

The options were to go for it. If you go for it, you leave them a Hail Mary opportunity. You could protect up and throw a long pass and probably still though would eat up seven seconds and still they would have the Hail Mary opportunity. So, yeah, ran through those scenarios and felt like the best decision was to punt it. And told him to catch it and punt it. They didn’t have anybody back. When they lined up to the punt and they didn’t have any returners, it’s just a matter of catching it and punting it and we messed it up.”
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-10-21, 21:57

Herbie Green wrote:Seems like a stretch but he does have a point. That punter didn't do much wrong except being thrown into a difficult split second situation which was largely caused by coaching failure.

Stretch or not, dantonio hit a walk off HR with his response. Of course I put that game on cousins more than anything even though Russell Wilson deserves all the credit
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-10-21, 21:58

The_Dude wrote:Whats the exact quote of Harbaugh throwing his player under the bus?

Defending uofm, shocking!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-22, 07:54

makes me value my MSU education so much. Thanks for posting this.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-22, 10:09

Blanch32 wrote:

Defending uofm, shocking!

He knows we all know by now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down