Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do any of you have a zero turn mower?

+5
The Pantry
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
Kramerica
Turtleneck
9 posters

Go down

Do any of you have a zero turn mower? Empty Do any of you have a zero turn mower?

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-18, 14:22

If so, are they any good at light hauling? I need to invest in a new tractor strictly for lawn and garden work. I will be cutting about 1.25 acres but want something that will be useful for other yard work as well. Lawn size and layout does not make a zero turn mower overkill. Any recommendations? I am trying to avoid John Deere because....

Do any of you have a zero turn mower? Caseih
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Do any of you have a zero turn mower? Empty Re: Do any of you have a zero turn mower?

Post by Kramerica 2015-04-18, 16:53

Don't by Exmark. Overpriced pieces of shit. Weingartz pushes them as the end all be all. They are toros with different decals.

Also,I'd stick with a traditional rider. They are much more versatile for other property chores.
Kramerica
Kramerica
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Do any of you have a zero turn mower? Empty Re: Do any of you have a zero turn mower?

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-18, 19:06

This is the whitest thing ever asked on this message board.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-04-18, 19:43

Rocinante wrote:This is the whitest thing ever asked on this message board.

Wouldn't it technically be the most Mexican thing?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-18, 20:43

Nothing runs like a Deere...
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-18, 21:30

Rocinante wrote:This is the whitest thing ever asked on this message board.

Rural Western NY is super white.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-04-19, 02:08

I enjoy the zero turn experience.

That said, who is hauling shit with their mower? Get a fucking tractor, moran.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tMolson 2015-04-19, 06:32

Turtleneck wrote:If so, are they any good at light hauling? I need to invest in a new tractor strictly for lawn and garden work. I will be cutting about 1.25 acres but want something that will be useful for other yard work as well. Lawn size and layout does not make a zero turn mower overkill. Any recommendations? I am trying to avoid John Deere because....

At 1.25 acres, a zero turn is a bit overkill and they aren't really designed for towing shit around. They can, but with the sharp turning radius towing would be very cumbersome. Hell, a lawn tractor with a 42 or 48 inch deck probably would server you better if light towing is needed.
tMolson
tMolson
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-04-19, 08:11

http://www.mowersatjacks.com/Product-Details/HUSQVARNA/960430173?gdftrk=gdfV26806_a_7c392_a_7c957_a_7cYTH22V42

Buy this... you don't need a zero turn for 1 acre + a lawn tractor can be used for other tasks (note all of the add on equipment on the right side of the page) A zero turn is mow only IMO
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-19, 08:51

Cameron wrote:I enjoy the zero turn experience.

That said, who is hauling shit with their mower? Get a fucking tractor, moran.

Light hauling. Lick mulch, soil, yard waste, etc. It's not like I need to tow a grain wagon around.

tMolson wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:If so, are they any good at light hauling? I need to invest in a new tractor strictly for lawn and garden work. I will be cutting about 1.25 acres but want something that will be useful for other yard work as well. Lawn size and layout does not make a zero turn mower overkill. Any recommendations? I am trying to avoid John Deere because....

At 1.25 acres, a zero turn is a bit overkill and they aren't really designed for towing shit around.  They can, but with the sharp turning radius towing would be very cumbersome.  Hell, a lawn tractor with a 42 or 48 inch deck probably would server you better if light towing is needed.

Not just the size. Lot of trees and obstacles to cut around. So it takes some time with the standard lawn tractor. That is why I was thinking zero turn. But I think I have already ruled it out. For the most part, they are too one-dimensional.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2015-04-19, 18:03

3 of them. All belong to the lawn service I have.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down