Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Muhammad Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest Ends Poorly

+13
Tim Wakefield
tTito
Rocinante
Heat Miser
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
xsanguine
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
Dr. Strangelove
Gomer
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Muhammad Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest Ends Poorly Empty A Muhammad Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest Ends Poorly

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon May 04, 2015 9:23 am

Only took 15 seconds to end these morons blaze of glory. Wells it up if you want, I don't care.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/04/us/garland-mohammed-drawing-contest-shooting/index.html
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A Muhammad Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest Ends Poorly Empty Re: A Muhammad Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest Ends Poorly

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon May 04, 2015 9:26 am

Of all the places to hold such an ill-conceived event, Texas would surely be the best.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

A Muhammad Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest Ends Poorly Empty Re: A Muhammad Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest Ends Poorly

Post by Gomer Mon May 04, 2015 9:33 am

Good thing the police were there.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon May 04, 2015 9:37 am

2 dead idiots? Sounds like it ended ok to me.

Boy those guys need a Reformation.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 9:49 am

Describing an event that ends with 2 murderous thugs dead as "ending poorly" is inaccurate.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 9:51 am

Only in Texas could you host a wildly radical event like a cartoon drawing contest.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon May 04, 2015 9:51 am

LooseGoose wrote:Describing an event that ends with 2 murderous thugs dead as "ending poorly" is inaccurate.

You're right. Every event should end with some dead people.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon May 04, 2015 9:51 am

LooseGoose wrote:Describing an event that ends with 2 murderous thugs dead as "ending poorly" is inaccurate.

I dunno. I mean, I don't think that any of the people that the event were hoping for people to show up and start shooting. At that point pretty much any result is a poor division from the original plan which was to not involve violence.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon May 04, 2015 10:05 am

Je suis Charlie.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 04, 2015 10:29 am

Oh, Islam....

Someday maybe you'll decide to join the rest of us in the modern day.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon May 04, 2015 10:31 am

Hate mongers attacked hate mongers. Fitting. However, in this country hate mongers do have a right to free speech. As abhorrent as we think it is, if speech is not inciting violence or otherwise representing a clear and present danger, it is protected speech. There is no reasonable justification for attacking people simple because you do not like what they have to say. However, message board invasions are perfectly fine.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 04, 2015 10:32 am

Remember the Allah-mo.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 04, 2015 10:44 am

Patiently awaiting the MSNBC article titled "2 minorities shot dead by police outside anti-muslim rally in Texas"
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon May 04, 2015 10:50 am

xsanguine wrote:Patiently awaiting the MSNBC article titled "2 minorities shot dead by police outside anti-muslim rally in Texas"

Also patiently awaiting Fox's "Police Heros Rescue Hundreds of Hostages From the Grips of Muslim Extremists."

Hyperbole works both ways.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 10:53 am

Turtleneck wrote:Hate mongers attacked hate mongers.

So cartoonists are hate mongers? Do you describe the creators of "piss christ" as such? Or since that's insulting Christians it's not considered hate but constructive criticism?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon May 04, 2015 11:06 am

If you bait them, they will come.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 04, 2015 11:13 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Patiently awaiting the MSNBC article titled "2 minorities shot dead by police outside anti-muslim rally in Texas"

Also patiently awaiting Fox's "Police Heros Rescue Hundreds of Hostages From the Grips of Muslim Extremists."

Well, police did protect a large group of people from what appears to be Muslim extremists that were in the act of gunning them down.

That headline, aside from the "heroes" part, would be pretty accurate.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon May 04, 2015 11:16 am

Its funny. We spend trillions trying to root these neanderthals out, when all it really takes is having a Mohammed pinata party and they crawl out from underneath the rocks.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 04, 2015 11:20 am

kingstonlake wrote:Its funny. We spend trillions trying to root these neanderthals out, when all it really takes is having a Mohammed pinata party and they crawl out from underneath the rocks.

Probably cause that trillions really isn't going to root them out.

Someone is getting rich, though.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon May 04, 2015 11:24 am

xsanguine wrote:

Well, police did protect a large group of people from what appears to be Muslim extremists that were in the act of gunning them down.

Hostages and hero's are both bullshit. But whatever. Not having this conversation again.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon May 04, 2015 11:25 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Hate mongers attacked hate mongers.

So cartoonists are hate mongers?   Do you describe the creators of "piss christ" as such?  Or since that's insulting Christians it's not considered hate but constructive criticism?  

The event was sponsored by a group that exhibits hate group like tendencies. However, since the group is anti-Muslim, I am sure you feel they cannot possibly be a hate group because every single Muslim is violent and wants to impose sharia law on America. However, if I judged Mitt Romney and all Mormons by the standard of the Mormon fundamentalists that sexually abuse girls, I am sure you would say I am being absurd. Goose, I can play this ridiculous game, too.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon May 04, 2015 11:43 am

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So cartoonists are hate mongers?   Do you describe the creators of "piss christ" as such?  Or since that's insulting Christians it's not considered hate but constructive criticism?  

The event was sponsored by a group that exhibits hate group like tendencies. However, since the group is anti-Muslim, I am sure you feel they cannot possibly be a hate group because every single Muslim is violent and wants to impose sharia law on America. However, if I judged Mitt Romney and all Mormons by the standard of the Mormon fundamentalists that sexually abuse girls, I am sure you would say I am being absurd. Goose, I can play this ridiculous game, too.

Did the tax payers pay for that SWAT team? I'd respect them more if they drew their cartoons like the French did at Charlie Hedbo in a reqular office without a SWAT team waiting.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 04, 2015 11:55 am

Here's some examples of the drawings...

First, the winner of the event:
A Muhammad Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest Ends Poorly CEIooU3UMAAGPD6

Hmm...

A Muhammad Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest Ends Poorly CEIu4FvVEAAIEXv

Let me know if these violate terms...
Graphic: Muhammad Diarrhea'ing on himself

Last edited by xsanguine on Mon May 04, 2015 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 04, 2015 11:55 am

Alright... that last one I'm going to just put as a hyperlink cause I know how offended people can get.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 11:57 am

Turtleneck wrote:The event was sponsored by a group that exhibits hate group like tendencies.

Tell me about this without using any of SPLC's bullshit.

Pamela Geller and Geert Wilders have been tarred with the "hate" crap based on flimsy or nonexistent evidence.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon May 04, 2015 12:07 pm

kingstonlake wrote:If you bait them, they will come.
This.

kingstonlake wrote:Its funny. We spend trillions trying to root these neanderthals out, when all it really takes is having a Mohammed pinata party and they crawl out from underneath the rocks.
And this.

It's a jihad honey pot, & Texas is the absolute perfect place for it.

A Muhammad Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest Ends Poorly 1494614055 And some of those cartoons are pretty hard core. If you replaced Muhammad with Jesus in those images I"m sure the bible thumpers would be going apeshit. Maybe not drive by apeshit, but pretty close.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 04, 2015 12:09 pm

xsanguine wrote:

Hostages and hero's are both bullshit. But whatever. Not having this conversation again.

A Muhammad Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest Ends Poorly 3742235224

Relax, breh. I'm just having fun with it. I'm not trying to get into an argument with you, either. You're cool by me.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 04, 2015 12:11 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
This.

And this.

A Muhammad Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest Ends Poorly 1494614055 And some of those cartoons are pretty hard core. If you replaced Muhammad with Jesus in those images I"m sure the bible thumpers would be going apeshit. Maybe not drive by apeshit, but pretty close.

Pretty close to showing up to the event with assault rifles and bombs, ready to go to war?

Remember "piss Christ"? I don't remember anyone getting anywhere close to that.

I don't like any religion and I've made that clear but Islam is a horse of another color. I don't think you can compare the two.

Edit: I do agree with you that it's disrespectful as shit. It's unnecessary and will just infuriate Muslims that much further and create more extremists that were previously not extremists, honeypot or not.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon May 04, 2015 12:29 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
This.

And this.

Pretty close to showing up to the event with assault rifles and bombs, ready to go to war?

I don't like any religion and I've made that clear but Islam is a horse of another color. I don't think you can compare the two.

Edit: I do agree with you that it's disrespectful as shit. It's unnecessary and will just infuriate Muslims that much further and create more extremists that were previously not extremists, honeypot or not.

There was no bomb. Just two idiots with guns. Not exactly a rarity in this country.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 12:41 pm

Heat Miser wrote:There was no bomb. Just two idiots with guns. Not exactly a rarity in this country.

Daniel Foster ‏@DanFosterType 15h15 hours ago
The would-be terrorists in Garland fell for one of the classic blunders: Never assume that you’ve outgunned an art show in Texas.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon May 04, 2015 12:49 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

There was no bomb. Just two idiots with guns. Not exactly a rarity in this country.

I stand corrected.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon May 04, 2015 1:27 pm

Although the execution (no pun intended) was poor, due to the graphic nature of some of the drawings, I consider the tactic of drawing as many images of Muhammad as possible and making them as visible as possible a completely valid exercise as a test of the 1st amendment. 1st amendment means you have the right to offend people. In this case, because of the history of violence by "offended" extremists, I consider the tactic (again, if not the way it played out) to be a legitimate protest.

On a related note: the fact that what was, for all intensive porpoises, a statement in support of the separation of church and state happened in Texas is kind of ironic.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 1:34 pm

Hours after a shooting at a Muhammed cartoon event Garland, Texas that left three dead, including the gunmen, the event’s sponsor and American Freedom Defense Initiative president Pamela Geller battled CNN’s Alisyn Camerota over whether the incendiary event had provoked violence.

“Increasingly, we’re abridging our freedoms so as not to offend savages,” Geller alleged. “The very idea that if something offends me, or I’m insulted by something I’ll kill you and somehow this is okay with members of the elite media, and academia, is outrageous.”

Camerota read from the keynote speech given at the event disparaging Islam. Geller has made a career of warning of the “Islamization” of America; the Southern Poverty Law Center lists her as an extremist.

“He’s entitled to his opinion, end of story,” Geller said. “So what? So he said that. And frankly, what he said was true…The fact is that we need to have this discussion, there’s a problem in Islam.”

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon May 04, 2015 2:00 pm

You do not have to advocate for violence for your speech to be hate speech. The Freedom Defense Initiative spends a lot resources on creating fear of a single group of people. Their speech is hate speech, and I believe the Anti-Defemation League has also recognized their speech as such. They do not spread information. They spread fear of a targeted population. But, as I said above, they have the right to express such thoughts. They are certainly acting within the boundaries of the constitutional right to free speech.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 2:15 pm

Turtleneck wrote:You do not have to advocate for violence for your speech to be hate speech. The Freedom Defense Initiative spends a lot resources on creating fear of a single group of people. Their speech is hate speech, and I believe the Anti-Defemation League has also recognized their speech as such. They do not spread information. They spread fear of a targeted population. But, as I said above, they have the right to express such thoughts. They are certainly acting within the boundaries of the constitutional right to free speech.

The ADL is also listed as a Hate Group by the SPLC.

So no one should fear the "targeted population"? The same one that executes Christians, Gays and cartoonists?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon May 04, 2015 2:28 pm

Turtleneck wrote:You do not have to advocate for violence for your speech to be hate speech. The Freedom Defense Initiative spends a lot resources on creating fear of a single group of people. Their speech is hate speech, and I believe the Anti-Defemation League has also recognized their speech as such. They do not spread information. They spread fear of a targeted population. But, as I said above, they have the right to express such thoughts. They are certainly acting within the boundaries of the constitutional right to free speech.

clearly that means they deserve to be shot.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon May 04, 2015 2:29 pm

Rocinante wrote:

clearly that means they deserve to be shot.

ignore me, I'm not reading clearly.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Mon May 04, 2015 2:33 pm

I HATE cops. They're all racicst a-holes on a power trip looking to kill black kids.

Regards,

[USERNAME]
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Mon May 04, 2015 2:35 pm

A Muhammad Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest Ends Poorly Bible_10

Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon May 04, 2015 2:37 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

The ADL is also listed as a Hate Group by the SPLC.

So no one should fear the "targeted population"? The same one that executes Christians, Gays and cartoonists?

I never mentioned the SLPC. Not once. So I am not sure why you are holding me to that standard.

I noticed you never touched the Romney comment. Can we also say that all Mormons sexually abuse underage girls given the track record of fundamentalist Mormons? Better start a group that informs people about the threat that Mormonism represents to society.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next