Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The original star wars trilogy was just okay

+18
Herbie Green
Robert J Sakimano
Rodeo Burger
WhiteBoyHatcher
Ted Brogan
Cameron
CORNER BLITZ
Brock Middlebrook
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Rocinante
Death Roe
LoneWolfSparty
steveschneider
Tim Wakefield
Giant Moose
MiamiSpartan
Ass Dan
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The original star wars trilogy was just okay - Page 2 Empty Re: The original star wars trilogy was just okay

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-05-09, 07:34

Herbie Green wrote:Just watched the first Star Wars tonight with my son. I might have been inspired by this thread. I hadn't seen it in so long I was worried it would be really lame.. I thought ET would still be good for kids but they hated it so much I had to turn it off in 30 minutes.
He had seen some legos shit. I tried to warn that the graphics might not look so good today. But he loved it and I thought it was still damn good myself. I am looking forward to watching the rest of them. I stopped at Episode 1 because I thought it sucked but maybe the other ones are a lot better.

The prequels suck. Episode 3 is probably the best out of all of them but still not too good.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The original star wars trilogy was just okay - Page 2 Empty Re: The original star wars trilogy was just okay

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-05-09, 19:10

Thing about Star Wars is timing. When the original movie came out it was such an adventure for young movie goers that it generated an instant cult following.

So much of pop culture is about context and contrast. Van Halen is another example of this. BLEW ME AWAY the first time I heard it, but that was probably because CKLW had his played dream weaver and afternoon delight for 4 weeks straight. You are like, whoa! I want more of that!

The reboots, as mentioned are just boring. Star Wars should have stayed in the 70's where it stood out as a legendary cultural phenomenon instead of trying to be multi-generational and competing with modern Sci fi which blows it out of the water without much effort.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-05-09, 19:41

SeeRockCity wrote:Thing about Star Wars is timing. When the original movie came out it was such an adventure for young movie goers that it generated an instant cult following.

So much of pop culture is about context and contrast. Van Halen is another example of this. BLEW ME AWAY the first time I heard it, but that was probably because CKLW had his played dream weaver and afternoon delight for 4 weeks straight. You are like, whoa! I want more of that!

The reboots, as mentioned are just boring. Star Wars should have stayed in the 70's where it stood out as a legendary cultural phenomenon instead of trying to be multi-generational and competing with modern Sci fi which blows it out of the water without much effort.

There is a lot of blowing in this post.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-05-09, 21:02

3 of the best soundtracks of all time. John Williams is a genius.

pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-05-10, 10:25

The original trilogy was very good. It's not super-amazing like some people say, but it's pretty enjoyable to watch.

I think that "May the 4th" BS is just that, BS.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-10, 11:17

HT wrote:The original trilogy was very good. It's not super-amazing like some people say, but it's pretty enjoyable to watch.

Original trilogy features great acting, directing, a great score and great special affects. Most people don't know what they are talking about.

I agree May 4th is just a bunch of cultural nostalgia, and I think that's what people are really reacting against.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-10, 12:00

I am not reading through this thread, but the the best three movies ever made are the original Star Wars trilogy. They are followed by Raiders of the Lost Ark and Hoosiers.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-05-10, 14:51

steveschneider wrote:
HT wrote:The original trilogy was very good. It's not super-amazing like some people say, but it's pretty enjoyable to watch.

Original trilogy features great acting, directing, a great score and great special affects. Most people don't know what they are talking about.

I agree May 4th is just a bunch of cultural nostalgia, and I think that's what people are really reacting against.

I think the opinion on the original trilogy is all relative. For people that were alive when it came out, it's obviously phenomenal. For people who grew up in the 90s and beyond...well, it's probably not quite as impressive.

People who say it's not good, or even bad, don't have too much of a clue. The original is obviously a very high-quality work that will stand the test of time, and The Empire Strikes Back is even better than that.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2