Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kentucky Committ Skal Labissiere

4 posters

Go down

Kentucky Committ Skal Labissiere Empty Kentucky Committ Skal Labissiere

Post by Herbie Green Fri May 08, 2015 12:25 pm

...Ranked the #2 recruit in the country

I stumbled upon this story, which is now old, but very interesting.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24801563/aau-coach-skal-labissieres-guardian-asked-how-to-profit-from-prospect
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Kentucky Committ Skal Labissiere Empty Re: Kentucky Committ Skal Labissiere

Post by steveschneider Fri May 08, 2015 12:41 pm

That's professional college sports for you.

Kentucky Committ Skal Labissiere Manziel103
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Fri May 08, 2015 6:55 pm

Herbie Green wrote:...Ranked the #2 recruit in the country

I stumbled upon this story, which is now old, but very interesting.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24801563/aau-coach-skal-labissieres-guardian-asked-how-to-profit-from-prospect

Shocked

But Hamilton did speak with The Commercial Appeal earlier this month after the newspaper interviewed another Haitian who was brought to the United States with Labissiere, a refugee named Samuel Jean-Gilles. Though Hamilton told The Commercial Appeal his foundation has helped many young people, only Labissiere and Jean-Gilles have ever been identified, and two sources close to Hamilton told CBSSports.com there are no other examples.

"I don't know why Gerald lies about that," one source said.

Jean-Gilles lived with Hamilton and attended ECS for a while, just like Labissiere. But, according to The Commercial Appeal, Hamilton moved Jean-Gilles to Boston within weeks of asking the basketball coach and football coach at ECS if Jean-Gilles had the potential to be a Division I athlete. When both coaches told Hamilton they didn't think that was a likely outcome, Hamilton put Jean-Gilles on a 29-hour bus ride that left in the middle of the night.

Hamilton told The Commercial Appeal it's because Jean-Gilles was a "bad influence."

But literally nobody outside of Hamilton's family agrees with that assessment.

Everybody else describes Jean-Gilles as a quality young man.

"They [were] guardians for me and they don't want me anymore," Jean-Gilles told the paper. "So I guess he did what he had to do. ... If I was 6-feet-9, yes, it would have been different. I would have been [a Division I athlete], and he most definitely wouldn't [have sent] me to Boston. People know what he's trying to do. ... If this is really how he's trying to make money by using people, if that's really how he's doing it, I just feel bad for him."

No
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri May 08, 2015 8:03 pm

That's kinda fucked up you guys
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Fri May 08, 2015 11:36 pm

The story is so crazy I cant even think of what to say. I don't know how even Cal could touch this one - yet it seems Kentucky would actually be a healthy environment for the kid at this point.

Crazy he might just be a year away from being a lottery pick. Kind of like a bad version of Million Dollar Arm
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down