Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

if lippett started 2014 at corner....

+7
Watch Out Pylon!
StylesGShmooth
kingstonlake
HT
The_Dude
Giant Moose
Blanch32
11 posters

Go down

if lippett started 2014 at corner.... Empty if lippett started 2014 at corner....

Post by Blanch32 Mon May 11, 2015 12:02 pm

Are we natty champs?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

if lippett started 2014 at corner.... Empty Re: if lippett started 2014 at corner....

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 12:06 pm

I'm thinking of a couple onion smothered coneys for lunch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

if lippett started 2014 at corner.... Empty Re: if lippett started 2014 at corner....

Post by Giant Moose Mon May 11, 2015 12:10 pm

Is he playing both ways still or just on defense?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon May 11, 2015 12:21 pm

Blanch32 wrote:Are we natty champs?

No
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Mon May 11, 2015 12:49 pm

Giant Moose wrote:Is he playing both ways still or just on defense?

This. Without Lippett, I don't think our offense would be quite as potent and we might lose a game without his production at WR (like, say Nebraska or Purdue).

We would have lost the Oregon game regardless. The problem wasn't our CBs so much as it was Mariota just being too goddamn good. I do think him at CB would have won us the OSU game as Hicks got completely abused that game.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 12:51 pm

The_Dude wrote: No

Questions like this illustrate the tough decisions facing Michigan State University. Should we hire Blanch to replace Mark Dantonio or Tom Izzo? Perhaps Blanch should take over both programs only devoting full time to Basketball once Football was done? The Black Dude with Glasses could coach the fall portion of BB season.

Lucky for us we have Mark Hollis in place to make these decisions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon May 11, 2015 12:56 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
The_Dude wrote: No

Questions like this illustrate the tough decisions facing Michigan State University. Should we hire Blanch to replace Mark Dantonio or Tom Izzo? Perhaps Blanch should take over both programs only devoting full time to Basketball once Football was done? The Black Dude with Glasses could coach the fall portion of BB season.

Michigan State was a top 5 team last year but not top 2 imo.

Lippett playing corner wouldn't have helped with Oregon and OSUs speed demons in the slots getting vertical.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon May 11, 2015 1:05 pm

He just didn't have it to make it at this level. Big disappointment.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Mon May 11, 2015 2:18 pm

LooseGoose wrote:I'm thinking of a couple onion smothered coneys for lunch.

Thinking I might head to the taco cart. Chorizo Burrito sounds delicious today.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Mon May 11, 2015 3:12 pm

The_Dude wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Questions like this illustrate the tough decisions facing Michigan State University.   Should we hire Blanch to replace Mark Dantonio or Tom Izzo?   Perhaps Blanch should take over both programs only devoting full time to Basketball once Football was done?  The Black Dude with Glasses could coach the fall portion of BB season.

Michigan State was a top 5 team last year but not top 2 imo.

Lippett playing corner wouldn't have helped with Oregon and OSUs speed demons in the slots getting vertical.

It would certainly have helped against OSU. Hicks was getting abused all night against them, and a big part of it was because he was woefully lacking the physicality needed to jam OSU's receivers.

I think Hicks getting manhandled like that is a big reason why Lippett started against Rutgers a week or two later.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon May 11, 2015 3:15 pm

Giant Moose wrote:Is he playing both ways still or just on defense?

Just D unless the WRs are useless, but that's extremely doubtful. Plays punt return too for shits and giggles
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon May 11, 2015 3:15 pm

I think if he played both ways all year, he may have been really tired by the Ohio State game, and we still would have lost so no national title.

If he would have been only defense, then I think it's intriguing. I wonder if our offense, though, could have been good enough without him to beat Ohio State and Oregon. Possibly.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon May 11, 2015 3:15 pm

What if beef tasted like chicken?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon May 11, 2015 3:16 pm

...and I think the opposite. We beat Oregon but not OSU. We couldn't stop their run game or get pressure on the QB so that's moot
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon May 11, 2015 4:34 pm

No, we would have missed his production on offense more than you think.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Mon May 11, 2015 4:44 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:What if beef tasted like chicken?

Lots of things taste like chicken. But eggs don't, which is weird.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon May 11, 2015 6:31 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:No, we would have missed his production on offense more than you think.

We had enough firepower in reserve. Defense cost us those games not offense
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon May 11, 2015 10:39 pm

Giant Moose wrote:I think if he played both ways all year, he may have been really tired by the Ohio State game, and we still would have lost so no national title.

If he would have been only defense, then I think it's intriguing. I wonder if our offense, though, could have been good enough without him to beat Ohio State and Oregon. Possibly.

But neither team has a Duke or UNC jersey. How is this possible?!?!?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon May 11, 2015 11:22 pm

Jesus h. christ. Lippett had 133 yards in receiving and 11 catches against Oregon, no way could he have played defense. He would have been exhausted. So, put him back there and you lose 11 receptions, 133 passing yards a long of 34 and a t.d. on offense. Would someone make it up? Probably some of the yards but not all. First big game of the season, he's have been cramping up and dehydrated like a mother out there.

OSU he still had 64 yards on 5 catches. We'd lose those too. I don't think anyone who says he could play both for us understands that against those two teams, no fricken way. Maybe a couple of plays, but to be effective on either side, he'd need to be on one side the majority of plays.

Then you're asking him to play briefly on defense perhaps. That's tough as hell. MSU demands a physical corner and as a receiver coming over, Lippett is more of a catch and run with him DB.

He's a great player, I think he'll take two years before he catches on in the NFL as a DB. It think he's got a good chance to be very good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Tue May 12, 2015 8:06 am

Giant Moose wrote:I think if he played both ways all year, he may have been really tired by the Ohio State game, and we still would have lost so no national title.

I would agree, and I think without him we might lose a close game like Nebraska. I think the optimal solution would have been bringing in Lippett at CB for OSU. Meyer/Herman wouldn't have been able to scheme for that and it would have thrown off their offense a bit, but he wouldn't be tired from overuse before in the season.

Of course, that's all with the benefit of hindsight.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue May 12, 2015 8:59 am

HT wrote:

I would agree, and I think without him we might lose a close game like Nebraska. I think the optimal solution would have been bringing in Lippett at CB for OSU. Meyer/Herman wouldn't have been able to scheme for that and it would have thrown off their offense a bit, but he wouldn't be tired from overuse before in the season.

Of course, that's all with the benefit of hindsight.

Ahhhhh..Nebraska was NOT a close game. We simply fell apart at the end.... Something lippett at corner would have prevented In the first place.

The full time two way talk is for idiots
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue May 12, 2015 9:11 am

Death Roe wrote:

But neither team has a Duke or UNC jersey. How is this possible?!?!?
What does this have to do about football? MSU basketball loses to Duke and UNC over 80% of the time and 90% of the time in the NCAA tourney. If that bothers you that I bring that up in basketball threads, then so be it. Blame MSU hoops for not getting it done. Not me.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down