Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOB! Something is happening at UofM- norfleet

+5
steveschneider
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
Heat Miser
Other Teams Pursuing That
9 posters

Go down

BOB! Something is happening at UofM- norfleet Empty BOB! Something is happening at UofM- norfleet

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 13 May 2015 - 13:42

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/05/13/dennis-norfleet-michigan-football/27227819/

""He's too good of a kid for us to let anything bad happen to him,'' Harvel said today. "I'm not concerned about football. If Michigan isn't going to put him in a position to get a degree, then he'll have to go somewhere else. This whole thing makes me sick. I've talked to (Jim) Harbaugh, and if he isn't going to let him have an opportunity to get a degree, we have nothing to really talk about.'"

""Dennis had a 3.0 average and he had 90 credits, but they weren't toward any major,'' Harvel said. "No psych courses, no math. He wants to be a special education teacher and help kids. My problem was the credits he had weren't toward a major.'"
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

BOB! Something is happening at UofM- norfleet Empty Re: BOB! Something is happening at UofM- norfleet

Post by Heat Miser Wed 13 May 2015 - 13:46

General Studies FTW!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

BOB! Something is happening at UofM- norfleet Empty Re: BOB! Something is happening at UofM- norfleet

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 May 2015 - 13:47

whoever "Norfleet" is, I hate him. I hate him a lot.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 May 2015 - 13:48

Heat Miser wrote:General Studies FTW!
it's certainly no Human Development and Family Studies.. that's for sure.

GO GREEN!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 13 May 2015 - 13:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:whoever "Norfleet" is, I hate him. I hate him a lot.

He just wants to help kids, man. It's just a game, relax.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 13 May 2015 - 13:53

Sounds like much ado about nothing. It's his own fault for not attending to his academic requirements. Declaring a major isn't hard. Taking the right classes isn't hard. Being on the football team is no more difficult than working a full time job and going to school. Sorry you couldn't cut it, I wouldn't put that on the University though.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 13 May 2015 - 13:54

Rocinante wrote:Sounds like much ado about nothing. It's his own fault for not attending to his academic requirements. Declaring a major isn't hard. Taking the right classes isn't hard. Being on the football team is no more difficult than working a full time job and going to school. Sorry you couldn't cut it, I wouldn't put that on the University though.

Don't they have academic advisors in that bitch? Shit, I do and I can't dance or play football.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 13 May 2015 - 13:55

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Sounds like much ado about nothing. It's his own fault for not attending to his academic requirements. Declaring a major isn't hard. Taking the right classes isn't hard. Being on the football team is no more difficult than working a full time job and going to school. Sorry you couldn't cut it, I wouldn't put that on the University though.

Don't they have academic advisors in that bitch? Shit, I do and I can't dance or play football.

I'm sure they do. It's his job to heed their advice.

Side note: my academic adviser at MSU was TERRIBLE. Had me take classes I didn't need and skip classes I should have had.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 May 2015 - 13:59

Rocinante wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Side note: my academic adviser at MSU was TERRIBLE. Had me take classes I didn't need and skip classes I should have had.
BOB! Something is happening at UofM- norfleet 502811600

maybe he/she was preparing you for grad school... or making certain you were a well-rounded student.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 13 May 2015 - 14:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

BOB! Something is happening at UofM- norfleet 502811600

maybe he/she was preparing you for grad school... or making certain you were a well-rounded student.

Is that what you do Bob? If that was what was being attempted, it was an utter failure. Also, I was 22 before I started college (4 years of the Navy). I was an intelligent independent adult. The least the adviser cold have done is explain that to me instead of just saying "take this take that don't take that" as if it was the only path to success.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 13 May 2015 - 14:09

I wouldn't jump to conclusions, often these kids are steered towards easy classes to keep the gpa up. Remember UofM is one of the many schools being investigated for academic fraud, you should read up on the professor that literally handed out grades to athletes.

I said it in the other thread obsession tears of my enemies, just because its a great school does not mean the athletes are getting a quality education.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 May 2015 - 14:10

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: BOB! Something is happening at UofM- norfleet 502811600

Is that what you do Bob? If that was what was being attempted, it was an utter failure. Also, I was 22 before I started college (4 years of the Navy). I was an intelligent independent adult. The least the adviser cold have done is explain that to me instead of just saying "take this take that don't take that" as if it was the only path to success.
no I don't do that..

I just know of a lot of students with similar stories. Not only at MSU but other schools.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 13 May 2015 - 14:14

I think we're taking some liberties here. Norfleet a football play? C'mon now.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 13 May 2015 - 14:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

no I don't do that..

I just know of a lot of students with similar stories. Not only at MSU but other schools.

It kind of makes you wonder what the qualifications for that job are.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 May 2015 - 14:26

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:no I don't do that..

It kind of makes you wonder what the qualifications for that job are.
in general, bachelors required, masters preferred. Though most all considered applicants would have a masters degree. Obviously a background in the college specialty would be ideal, along with support services experience. A handful of positions on the HR page right now - BOB! Something is happening at UofM- norfleet 502811600 - JMC I think, College of Natural Science had one that I believe is now closed.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 May 2015 - 14:27

JMC position:

Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education, or liberal arts, social science, business or education encouraged. Well prepared candidates will have at least one year of full-time work in student affairs/services program such as admissions,academic advisement, orientation, student activities, or housing/residence life. Candidate will be required to provide three references.Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills are essential.Strong organizational skills with emphasis on long term planning for recruitment and outreach are vital to the success of the applicant. Technical skills in word-processing, database management, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, and html (web page) composition. Familiarity with Social Media marketing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 13 May 2015 - 14:39

What's it pay? Maybe I should change careers.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 May 2015 - 14:43

Rocinante wrote:What's it pay? Maybe I should change careers.
I don't really know.. my guess is that entry level is around $40,000/year. You could also go here:

MSU Applicant Page
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 May 2015 - 14:45

for School of Planning, Design and Construction - "salary commensurate with experience"

for the JMC position, a 12 month position, it says 41,000 - 43,000.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 13 May 2015 - 14:48

Wait Bob is a high school counselor?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 May 2015 - 14:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Wait Bob is a high school counselor?
god, I hope not.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 13 May 2015 - 14:52

Did you read the quotes? Norfleet's old high school coach is saying that Harbaugh and UM are a bunch of dicks.

So this means we like him (or at least don't hate him too much). Keep up, Bob!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 May 2015 - 14:54

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Did you read the quotes? Norfleet's old high school coach is saying that Harbaugh and UM are a bunch of dicks.

So this means we like him (or at least don't hate him too much). Keep up, Bob!
I try to keep up... it's harder than one would think.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 13 May 2015 - 14:57

Rocinante wrote: I was an intelligent independent adult.

What happened?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 13 May 2015 - 16:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I don't really know.. my guess is that entry level is around $40,000/year. You could also go here:

MSU Applicant Page

No thanks. I like not being poor.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 13 May 2015 - 16:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

MSU Applicant Page

Tried that. Was redirected to a Supplicant Page.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 May 2015 - 16:44

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't really know.. my guess is that entry level is around $40,000/year. You could also go here:

MSU Applicant Page

my wife makes a ton of money. I shovel the driveway and mow the lawn. Works out.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 May 2015 - 17:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

my wife makes a ton of money. I shovel the driveway and mow the lawn. Works out.

She doesn't require sex from you? Sweet deal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 13 May 2015 - 17:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

That sounds like a great gig. Where do I sign?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down