Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017

+35
InTenSity
The_Dude
kingstonlake
Clarett's Folly
NigelUno
tGreenWay
FupaTuba
tanfan!
MattyFresh
duffy munn
pulling69
Travis of the Cosmos
CheesySpartan
Watch Out Pylon!
WhiteBoyHatcher
Herbie Green
CORNER BLITZ
Death Roe
DoogieHouser
SpartanInNH
Giant Moose
xsanguine
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
The Ingenious Gentleman
Masturbates
HT
Tim Wakefield
Ass Dan
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
steveschneider
39 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 Empty tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017

Post by Guest Wed 20 May 2015 - 7:50

Offers are going out now and will over the summer so time for a thread for this class:

Paris Ford1⃣ ‏@DiddyBop1_ 11h11 hours ago
Blessed To Say I've Received My 15th Offer From Michigan State! #GOGreen (@L_Bell26) @michiganstateu

http://247sports.com/Player/Paris-Ford-77009
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017

Post by Guest Wed 27 May 2015 - 21:28

Jake Fromm ‏@FrommJake 13m13 minutes ago
Blessed to receive an offer from Michigan St! #GoSpartans

QB from GA.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017

Post by steveschneider Wed 27 May 2015 - 22:03

lol 2017? That's like the distant future!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 May 2015 - 22:05

steveschneider wrote:lol 2017? That's like the distant future!

Agree, it does identify the true Plan A recruits.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 27 May 2015 - 22:08

Im waiting for the day where a zygote is given an offer.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 May 2015 - 22:10

steveschneider wrote:Im waiting for the day where a zygote is given an offer.

I'll wager on the Bullough family for that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed 27 May 2015 - 22:15

2 years is the "distant future"? What are you, a fucking politician?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 27 May 2015 - 22:22

Heat Miser wrote:

Haha. In the world of sports I feel like 2 years is a long time.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 27 May 2015 - 23:39

There is a class of 2034 thread in tBob forum.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 28 May 2015 - 0:34

I think I bought a car at Paris Ford.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 28 May 2015 - 5:44

Heat Miser wrote:

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015 - 6:41

A round up of players with early offers complements of Rivals.

Recruiting: Offers rolling in for 2017 prospects

Though they still have a long way to go before they sign a letter of intent, numerous prospects from the class of 2017 are already seeing their recruiting stock take off. Here are 10 players likely to be elite level recruits for Big Ten coaches. Several could vie for top player honors in the class.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 13 Jun 2015 - 17:52

Rico Beard@RicoBeard 1m1 minute ago
2017 WR Hunter Rison @hunterrison (AA Skyline HS, MI) has committed to #MichiganState.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 13 Jun 2015 - 18:01

Hunter Rison@hunterrison 4m4 minutes ago
Blessed to announce that I have committed to the University of Michigan StatetOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 2705tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 2705#GoGreen
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sat 13 Jun 2015 - 18:05

Floyd Robertson wrote:Hunter Rison@hunterrison 4m4 minutes ago
Blessed to announce that I have committed to the University of Michigan StatetOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 2705tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 2705#GoGreen

Pfffffft. Everyone knows it's UMS. He'll learn
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jun 2015 - 19:53

Bad Moon, Act II.   I'm pretty happy, Bad Moon #1 was good for MSU.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jun 2015 - 6:06

Some in depth content on Hunter Rison from Mr Comparoni

New Moon Rison

"I was able to play and have a career, and the game of football has been so good to me as far as life lessons learned. I had my good days, my bad days and I thank the Lord that I managed to fall in between and land on my feet.

"And then for my son to commit today, and commit at a time when this program is at arguably the highest level it has ever been - outside of maybe when Bubba Smith and them played - and trust me, that's overlooking myself, Lorenzo White, Mark Ingram, Tony Mandarich and that crew, a team with four All-Americans and four first-round picks. I'm looking over that when talking about where this program is now. So to have him to be able to commit to a program of this magnitude, it's like surreal.

"And he's a great kid. Outside of football, he's a great kid."

Hunter has inherited much of Andre's talent. But Andre proudly admits that Hunter has more of a smiling, sunny disposition than the formerly hard-edged father had as a teen-ager. And the newly-soft and amiable Andre loves it.

"It's his time," Rison said. "It's his experience. It's his turn. I'm just here to support him and I've always supported Michigan State football. So that will just fall hand in hand."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jun 2015 - 21:08

Shonisland = 2017 OLB - http://247sports.com/Player/Tyshon-Fogg-81629

Kasim Hill@Khillqb11 1h1 hour ago
congrats to my boy @shonisland9 tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 203cjust got offered by michigan statetOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 2733 michigan state fans give him a follow #GoGreen #V4MSU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Sun 14 Jun 2015 - 21:21

Don't usually give two shits about incoming recruits but I'm pumped about Bad Moon 2.0 committing. There's absolutely no way he doesn't end up being a stud for us.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Sun 14 Jun 2015 - 22:28

I feel like it's too early to have 2017 commits, but I am pumped to land Andre Rison's son. I can see him being a guy to help recruit others to 2017.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 17:36

Matt Bockhorst@MattBockhorst 1h1 hour ago
Just received an offer from the Michigan State University Spartans!

http://247sports.com/Player/Matt-Bockhorst-76614
#V4MSU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Jun 2015 - 20:31

Allen Trieu@AllenTrieu 1h1 hour ago
Heard Ann Arbor Pioneer 2017 RB Antjuan Simmons had a big day at #MichiganState today. Staff wants him and mom back: http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&cfg=null&nid=8218913 …
0 retweets 0 favorites
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 1 Jul 2015 - 16:01

2017 linebacker Josh Ross says Wolverines and Spartans are among those 'standing out right now'

Although Josh Ross is preparing to start just his junior year of high school football, that has not stopped him from making a big splash in the recruiting world the last two years.
Ross - a 6-foot-1, 210-pound inside linebacker at Orchard Lake St. Mary's - is ranked as the No. 4 ILB in the country for the 2017 class, according to 247Sports.com.

"It's very cool," Ross said about the attention he is getting. "To look at it and be the No. 4 linebacker in my position in the country, it's just like, wow. Out of all of those people and I'm ranked No. 4? It's just crazy to think about."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 7 Jul 2015 - 8:06

Michigan State 2017 WR Hunter Rison embraces pressure that accompanies his name

EAST LANSING — Michigan State 2017 wide receiver commit Hunter Rison has gotten accustomed to being the son of a celebrity.

In fact, the rising junior at Ann Arbor Skyline High School says he embraces the challenge of following in Andre Rison's footsteps at Michigan State.

"There's always going to be pressure, and he even told me that,'' Hunter Rison said on 'The Griff and Grinz Show' on Lansing's 92.1 FM, The Team. "He told me to just be me, because he thinks my game can speak for itself — I don't have to rely on the name, like some other kids who have relied on their dad's name and it's pushed them where they need to go.

"I will put in the work to be great, and hopefully be better than him one day, which is a large statement, but that's just where my mind is.''
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 7 Jul 2015 - 11:33

Michigan State Football Recruiting: How the 2017 class could shape up

Michigan State has almost filled up their 2016 recruiting class, and it is looking impressive. The Spartans have been able to get an early start on the 2017 class, already picking up a committment from four star wide receiver Hunter Rison, the son of Michigan State legend Andre Rison. MSU is already in on a couple of big names. In this piece, I will go over a few names you should get to know for the Spartans possible 2017 class.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 9 Jul 2015 - 10:13

The Opening Finals 2015: Donovan Peoples-Jones wins Nike Football Rating
http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/07/the_opening_finals_2015_donova.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015 - 4:44

Recruiting: Pa. OL for 2017 a top target for MSU, U-M

One of the top offensive line recruits in the Big Ten region for the class of 2017 is Monroeville (Pa.) Gateway's Robert Hainsey. The 6-foot-5, 272-pound prospect is rated a four-star recruit and the No. 215 player overall in the Rivals.com rankings. Michigan State offered Hainsey last year and also holds scholarships from Penn State, Michigan, Tennessee, West Virginia along with a host of other BCS programs.

Gateway should be very familiar to MSU fans. Two years ago, the Spartans were able to sign the No. 1 player in Pennsylvania, Gateway's Montae Nicholson, who made an immediate impact in East Lansing and is being looked at as a future star. Hainsey and Nicholson are good friends and keep in regular contact.

"I really like Michigan State, especially the coaches," Hainsey said. "Everything up there is very nice. I really like Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan. I am going to Penn State next week, possibly Ohio State the week after and as far as games this fall, I'm not sure. Their is a good chance I will see Michigan State play Oregon. One thing that is important is distance from home because I want my family to see me play. Wherever I go, I want it to feel as much like home as possible and where everyone is treated like family. I also want to go to a school that can potentially win a national championship."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 10 Jul 2015 - 9:48

Recruiting: Lots of talent in Michigan for 2017 class
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2015/07/09/donovan-peoples-jones-michigan-state/29907871/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 11 Jul 2015 - 12:25

Cass Tech WR beats nation's top recruits in showcase
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2015/07/10/michigan-football-recruiting-donovan-peoples-jones/29969243/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 14 Jul 2015 - 21:07

MSU commit and legacy recruit Hunter Rison received an offer from Alabama today.

http://spartanavenue.com/2015/07/14/alabama-offer-could-entice-4-star-2017-michigan-state-wr-commit-hunter-rison/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jul 2015 - 8:45

Recruiting: Spartans looking at Ann Arbor RB

One of the top running back recruits in the Midwest for the class of 2017 will be Antjuan Simmons of Ann Arbor Pioneer High. The 6-foot-0, 205-pound prospect already has multiple offers on the table and the Michigan State coaching staff has been in frequent contact. I spoke with him about his recruitment.

"I've been to like 10 camps this summer," Simmons said. "I currently have nine scholarship offers. I have eight MAC offers and one Big Ten offer. Illinois offered me."

Simmons has been a player that the Michigan State staff has been keeping a close eye on over the last 12 months. They have invited him up to campus several times and he informed me that he has developed a very good rapport with the Spartan coaches.

"I have taken six or seven visits up there including camp," Simmons said. "I really like the Spartan staff as a whole they do a great job at turning their players into men and they do a great job at coaching. I speak with coach Samuel, coach Salem and coach Dantonio the most."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 13:24

Alabama football offer interests Michigan State commit Hunter Rison of Ann Arbor Skyline

When Hunter Rison received his first college football scholarship offer from Michigan State – his father Andre’s alma mater – it was a dream come true.

The Ann Arbor Skyline wide receiver and defensive back gave his verbal commitment to Spartans coach Mark Dantonio during his camp visit June 13, making him the first member of the 2017 class.

More recently however, after picking up an offer from Alabama a month later, the junior is weighing his options a little more closely.

“Michigan State and Alabama are one and two,” Rison said. “I’m still committed but I’m definitely looking into my choices as well … I think time will tell. If it’s with Michigan State, I’ll be happy with it and I’ll be a legacy there. If it’s somewhere else, that’s how it will be.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 14:18

Beeeg OT....

Allen Trieu@AllenTrieu 27m27 minutes ago
Jaraymond Hall also said he'll visit #MichiganState for the Oregon game, #Michigan & #PennState this Fall ($) http://www.scout.com/college/penn-state/story/1565106 …
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jul 2015 - 5:42

Recruiting: Six from Michigan in initial 2017 Rivals250

The overall high school football talent in the state of Michigan is coming out of a downswing, and the first edition of the Rivals250 rankings for the Class of 2017 show that things are looking up. Six players from Michigan made the list, with a few more potentially joining them down the road.
Detroit Cass Tech wide receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones leads the way at No. 55 overall nationally. The 6-1, 188-pounder could end the recruiting cycle even higher, given that he’s been limited his first two high school seasons (by seniority as a freshman, and by injury for parts of last fall). “DPJ” showed his athleticism at Nike’s The Opening earlier this month – notching the highest SPARQ Rating (measuring overall athletic prowess) in the nation – and showing it on the field this fall could see him climb.
Another pair of Detroiters follow Peoples-Jones on the list. Crosstown rivals Ambry Thomas at Detroit King and Peoples-Jones’s teammate Donovan Johnson, both defensive backs, make the list at Nos. 133 and 155 overall respectively.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 25 Jul 2015 - 13:00

Detroit connections keeping Ohio State in race for 4-star WR Donnie Corley: Ohio State football recruiting
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/07/donnie_corley_ohio_state_recru.html

Edit: Wrong thread

Last edited by Turtleneck on Sat 25 Jul 2015 - 13:49; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Masturbates Sat 25 Jul 2015 - 13:05

Turtleneck wrote:Detroit connections keeping Ohio State in race for 4-star WR Donnie Corley: Ohio State football recruiting
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/07/donnie_corley_ohio_state_recru.html

The way that was written made it seem that MSU wasn't as big as a contender, which I'm pretty sure MSU is his favorite. MSU getting an official?
Masturbates
Masturbates
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ingenious Gentleman Sat 25 Jul 2015 - 15:23

LooseGoose wrote:Alabama football offer interests Michigan State commit Hunter Rison of Ann Arbor Skyline

When Hunter Rison received his first college football scholarship offer from Michigan State – his father Andre’s alma mater – it was a dream come true.

The Ann Arbor Skyline wide receiver and defensive back gave his verbal commitment to Spartans coach Mark Dantonio during his camp visit June 13, making him the first member of the 2017 class.

More recently however, after picking up an offer from Alabama a month later, the junior is weighing his options a little more closely.

“Michigan State and Alabama are one and two,” Rison said. “I’m still committed but I’m definitely looking into my choices as well … I think time will tell. If it’s with Michigan State, I’ll be happy with it and I’ll be a legacy there. If it’s somewhere else, that’s how it will be.”

So he's still committed unless he decides to go to Alabama? tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 294152859
The Ingenious Gentleman
The Ingenious Gentleman
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 25 Jul 2015 - 17:06

The Ingenious Gentleman wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Alabama football offer interests Michigan State commit Hunter Rison of Ann Arbor Skyline

So he's still committed unless he decides to go to Alabama? tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2017 294152859

Recruiting is awesome.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat 25 Jul 2015 - 17:33

Have to remember that teams are asking players who haven't played a game as a HS junior to commit.

If my kid was a HS football player who was good enough to start getting offers from Top 25 schools, I'd be telling him to enjoy the ride and not even talk Top 10 until after hitting camps after his junior season.

What good does committing this early get you besides getting other coaches turning up the heat and having recruitnik reporters calling/ texting 24/7?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015 - 16:14

Allen Trieu@AllenTrieu 36m36 minutes ago
Allen Trieu retweeted Jaylen Harris #⃣5⃣
Spartans offer 2017 Scout 300 WR: http://www.scout.com/player/8350082n-jaylen-harris?s=73 …
Allen Trieu added,
Jaylen Harris #⃣5⃣ @JHarris5_
Truly blessed to have received an offer from Michigan State University #Spartans
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next