Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do people crowd standing near the gate while boarding a plane?

+16
Triple Sparty
InTenSity
kingstonlake
Brock Middlebrook
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
tTito
Giant Moose
Blanch32
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Herbie Green
Snake Plissken
steveschneider
Marc Summers
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why do people crowd standing near the gate while boarding a plane? Empty Why do people crowd standing near the gate while boarding a plane?

Post by Marc Summers 2015-05-29, 07:29

I've never understood this. Instead of remaining seated until the group is called, they stand in everyone's way. Nobody has ever arrived to their destination sooner by doing this.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Why do people crowd standing near the gate while boarding a plane? Empty Re: Why do people crowd standing near the gate while boarding a plane?

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-29, 07:43

Bin space is limited and they want to make sure their bags are by their seats.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Why do people crowd standing near the gate while boarding a plane? Empty Re: Why do people crowd standing near the gate while boarding a plane?

Post by Marc Summers 2015-05-29, 07:47

steveschneider wrote:Bin space is limited and they want to make sure their bags are by their seats.

I've never crowded the gate, and always carry on. Not once have I stored my bag outside of reach of my row.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-05-29, 07:52

Marc Summers wrote:
I've never crowded the gate, and always carry on. Not once have I stored my bag outside of reach of my row.
I don't board in zone 2 or 3 but if I did that's exactly what I would do. Those people don't get any overhead storage. Why do people crowd standing near the gate while boarding a plane? 1550444538
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-05-29, 07:54

Snake Plissken wrote:
Marc Summers wrote:
I don't board in zone 2 or 3 but if I did that's exactly what I would do. Those people don't get any overhead storage. Why do people crowd standing near the gate while boarding a plane? 1550444538

You're trying to say Zone 2 gets no storage?
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-05-29, 07:57

Maybe they are trying to keep from getting a blood clot.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-05-29, 07:58

Herbie Green wrote:Maybe they are trying to keep from getting a blood clot.
this..

they're trying to walk off that jumbo Cinnabonn and a triple caramel Machiatto root beer float.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-05-29, 08:00

Marc Summers wrote:I've never understood this. Instead of remaining seated until the group is called, they stand in everyone's way. Nobody has ever arrived to their destination sooner by doing this.

First time flying? Congrats!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-05-29, 09:09

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Marc Summers wrote:I've never understood this. Instead of remaining seated until the group is called, they stand in everyone's way. Nobody has ever arrived to their destination sooner by doing this.

I've flown over 50,000 miles in the last six months. Have not once had issues with bin space. Still have no idea why people crowd the gate.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-05-29, 09:15

Marc Summers wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Bin space is limited and they want to make sure their bags are by their seats.

You don't fly enough
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-05-29, 09:16

Marc Summers wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I've flown over 50,000 miles in the last six months. Have not once had issues with bin space. Still have no idea why people crowd the gate.

No. No you haven't.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-05-29, 09:16

Marc Summers wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

It's the same reason people do anything else. They are dumb and annoying.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-05-29, 09:17

Marc Summers wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

And in 10 years you'll fly a million miles. Lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-05-29, 09:28

I don't get why everyone has stand up, retrieve their overhead bag and cram into the the aisle as soon as the seat belt sign goes off after landing. Do they seriously think they'll get off the plane quicker?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-05-29, 09:31

Everything annoying about air travel can be summed up in three words:

People Are Stupid
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-05-29, 09:32

tTito wrote:I don't get why everyone has stand up, retrieve their overhead bag and cram into the the aisle as soon as the seat belt sign goes off after landing. Do they seriously think they'll get off the plane quicker?

I do it just to stretch my legs if I'm in an aisle seat.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-29, 09:46

Marc Summers wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You probably aren't traveling with a lot of luggage.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-29, 09:47

tTito wrote:I don't get why everyone has stand up, retrieve their overhead bag and cram into the the aisle as soon as the seat belt sign goes off after landing. Do they seriously think they'll get off the plane quicker?

This is a better observation than the OPs. +1
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-05-29, 09:48

steveschneider wrote:
Marc Summers wrote:

I think, more likely, it's because he lives in an imaginary fantasyland.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-05-29, 10:13

Marc Summers wrote:I've flown over 50,000 miles in the last six months. Have not once had issues with bin space. Still have no idea why people crowd the gate.

We're still allowing members here that fly commercial?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-05-29, 10:14

LooseGoose wrote:
Marc Summers wrote:I've flown over 50,000 miles in the last six months. Have not once had issues with bin space. Still have no idea why people crowd the gate.

We're still allowing members here that fly commercial?

The neighborhood has gone to shit..
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-05-29, 10:34

This is also on the list of unnecessary steeple activities on airplanes.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-05-29, 10:37

steveschneider wrote:
Marc Summers wrote:

I travel with one carry on bag of the maximum allowed size. Jam packed. Frankly, I have no idea why anyone would need more than about 8 shirts and 4 pairs of pants for vacation.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-05-29, 10:40

B/c they are people persons, motherfucker
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-29, 10:50

Since everyone understands that the flight crew doesn't get paid until they close the doors, everyone is anxious to get on board so that they can help the crew earn more $$$.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-29, 11:01

Marc Summers wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I travel with one carry on bag of the maximum allowed size. Jam packed. Frankly, I have no idea why anyone would need more than about 8 shirts and 4 pairs of pants for vacation.

Who the fuck travels with a "jam packed" luggage bag? That's a rookie mistake.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-05-29, 11:05

Why are we even posting in a Nucky thread?
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-05-29, 11:06

White people problems.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-05-29, 11:08

Snake Plissken wrote:Why are we even posting in a Nucky thread?

Its a slow day.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-05-29, 11:10

complaining about air travel..  what's next, a thread outlining your uniquely personal concerns with Comcast..?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-05-29, 11:19

I have an awesome idea for a revolutionary passenger airplane design. It involves the entire side of the airplane pivoting up like the doors on DeLorean. The seats would be on rails and each row would slide out. All luggage would be stowed directly underneath you and would also be loaded at boarding and available immediately upon departure. This idea is gonna make me rich. Perhaps Nucky can fund it with his fake trust fund. He will surely benefit from it during all of his fake vacations.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-05-29, 11:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:complaining about air travel..  what's next, a thread outlining your uniquely personal concerns with Comcast..?

I actually love air travel, just some things people do boggle my mind.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-05-29, 11:59

Nobody loves air travel, FYI.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-05-29, 12:18

Marc Summers wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:complaining about air travel..  what's next, a thread outlining your uniquely personal concerns with Comcast..?

I actually love air travel, just some things people do boggle my mind.

Why do people crowd standing near the gate while boarding a plane? 1431518612
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-29, 12:24

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have an awesome idea for a revolutionary passenger airplane design. It involves the entire side of the airplane pivoting up like the doors on DeLorean. The seats would be on rails and each row would slide out. All luggage would be stowed directly underneath you and would also be loaded at boarding and available immediately upon departure. This idea is gonna make me rich. Perhaps Nucky can fund it with his fake trust fund. He will surely benefit from it during all of his fake vacations.

I think they should just make it a bunch of pods like in 2001 and put everyone in a sedated state. You go to the airport, you pass through screening, you lay in a comfortable pod, you are tranquilized and then the pods are loaded up in the airplane for the flight. Next thing you know you come to in your destination city and you begin your adventure.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-05-29, 12:31

Snake Plissken wrote:Why are we even posting in a Nucky thread?

Just so I could motherfucker him.

BTW, here's your currently still available license plate

Why do people crowd standing near the gate while boarding a plane? MyPlate-new
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-05-29, 12:36

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have an awesome idea for a revolutionary passenger airplane design. It involves the entire side of the airplane pivoting up like the doors on DeLorean. The seats would be on rails and each row would slide out. All luggage would be stowed directly underneath you and would also be loaded at boarding and available immediately upon departure. This idea is gonna make me rich. Perhaps Nucky can fund it with his fake trust fund. He will surely benefit from it during all of his fake vacations.

I think they should just make it a bunch of pods like in 2001 and put everyone in a sedated state. You go to the airport, you pass through screening, you lay in a comfortable pod, you are tranquilized and then the pods are loaded up in the airplane for the flight. Next thing you know you come to in your destination city and you begin your adventure.

That's why we have alcohol
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-05-29, 12:53

steveschneider wrote:

I have an idea where you walk through a special doorway and are instantly at your desired location
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-05-29, 13:00

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I have an idea where you walk through a special doorway and are instantly at your desired location

Why do people crowd standing near the gate while boarding a plane? 35._The_Fly
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-05-29, 13:24

Why do people crowd standing near the gate while boarding a plane? Tumblr_larnu6YPkI1qz5zvo
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next