Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nebraska the movie

+2
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
6 posters

Go down

Nebraska the movie Empty Nebraska the movie

Post by Herbie Green 2015-06-03, 00:02

I just got done watching this and give it rave reviews. I couldn't find much about it but there are definitely some references and/or similarities to Bruce's album.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Nebraska the movie Empty Re: Nebraska the movie

Post by tGreenWay 2015-06-03, 01:56

Herbie Green wrote:I just got done watching this and give it rave reviews. I couldn't find much about it but there are definitely some references and/or similarities to Bruce's album.

Quick piece of trivia: After she was paroled in '76, Caril Anne Fugate came to live and work in Lansing. She was here for quite awhile, then moved to Ohio, and now lives in Hillsdale.
Bob, I don't recommend riding your bike down to sing album cuts with her.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-03, 08:03

It was kind of a sad movie. I thought it really dragged on, but the overall message was nice.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-03, 08:11

haven't seen it..

I would recommend "The Indian Runner" though. Based on "Highway Patrolman".. someone put together some clips set to the tune here..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool Runnings 2015-06-03, 08:12

I thought it was great. The graveyard scene cracked me up.
Cool Runnings
Cool Runnings
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-03, 08:13

yeah, Caril Ann Fugate did work in Lansing for a while. She worked in what is or was Lawrence/Sparrow as a medical technician. Her husband died a while back in a car accident.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-03, 08:21

on a side note, the state of Nebraska just outlawed the death penalty last week.. which would dramatically change the lyrics in both Nebraska and Johnny 99.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-06-03, 08:22

I love that movie. Good call herbie
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-06-03, 12:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:on a side note, the state of Nebraska just outlawed the death penalty last week.. which would dramatically change the lyrics in both Nebraska and Johnny 99.

Was hoping you had seen it. I'm not sure what the intended connection to the album was. The plot doesn't really have anything to do with the album - except one great scene had to have been inspired by a song on the album. Then you have the title and the black and white.

I see the director also made About Schmidt, which I hated like most everyone. This movie is similar in that it is very slow with not that much going on. But this one grew on me as it went on and after it was over I am thinking this is one of the best movies I have ever seen.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-03, 12:36

Herbie Green wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:on a side note, the state of Nebraska just outlawed the death penalty last week.. which would dramatically change the lyrics in both Nebraska and Johnny 99.

Was hoping you had seen it. I'm not sure what the intended connection to the album was. The plot doesn't really have anything to do with the album - except one great scene had to have been inspired by a song on the album. Then you have the title and the black and white.

I see the director also made About Schmidt, which I hated like most everyone. This movie is similar in that it is very slow with not that much going on. But this one grew on me as it went on and after it was over I am thinking this is one of the best movies I have ever seen.
thanks.. yeah, I'm not much of a movie person. I have a hard time sitting still for very long. I have to really want to see a flick in order for it to hold my attention.

I'll see what I can do about giving it a try.. I don't do any of this wild Netflix stuff or anything - so I'm not sure how I'd access it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-03, 12:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Was hoping you had seen it.  I'm not sure what the intended connection to the album was.  The plot doesn't really have anything to do with the album - except one great scene had to have been inspired by a song on the album.  Then you have the title and the black and white.  

I see the director also made About Schmidt, which I hated like most everyone.  This movie is similar in that it is very slow with not that much going on.  But this one grew on me as it went on and after it was over I am thinking this is one of the best movies I have ever seen.  
thanks.. yeah, I'm not much of a movie person. I have a hard time sitting still for very long. I have to really want to see a flick in order for it to hold my attention.

I'll see what I can do about giving it a try.. I don't do any of this wild Netflix stuff or anything - so I'm not sure how I'd access it.

Same, Bob. I am more a fan of serialized shows than movies. I have a tough time staying interested in a film for its whole duration unless it's really, really good.

You might like Nebraska, but I think you'd be like me and have a tough time paying attention to it. The movie really drags on, IMO.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-03, 12:53

HT wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Same, Bob. I am more a fan of serialized shows than movies. I have a tough time staying interested in a film for its whole duration unless it's really, really good.

You might like Nebraska, but I think you'd be like me and have a tough time paying attention to it. The movie really drags on, IMO.
yeah.. the way I usually watch TV is on "mute" with music on in the background.. then I just sort of make up whatever I think they might be talking about.. I figure it's probably better than whatever they might actually be saying or doing.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-06-03, 13:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
HT wrote:

yeah.. the way I usually watch TV is on "mute" with music on in the background.. then I just sort of make up whatever I think they might be talking about.. I figure it's probably better than whatever they might actually be saying or doing.

You know what you are? You're a rebel. That's what you are.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-03, 13:33

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah.. the way I usually watch TV is on "mute" with music on in the background.. then I just sort of make up whatever I think they might be talking about.. I figure it's probably better than whatever they might actually be saying or doing.

Nebraska the movie 502811600

if that's the case, I'm a boring rebel who prefers things not to be too complicated.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-06-03, 13:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Nebraska the movie 502811600

if that's the case, I'm a boring rebel who prefers things not to be too complicated.

Life move too fast for you, Mr. Sak? So, you're a rebel without a clue.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-03, 14:05

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Nebraska the movie 502811600

Life move too fast for you, Mr. Sak? So, you're a rebel without a clue.
that's probably a very accurate observation.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down