Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman hit by shattered bat, suffers life-threatening injuries at BoSox game

+4
Rodeo Burger
The Pantry
InTenSity
SpartanInNH
8 posters

Go down

Woman hit by shattered bat, suffers life-threatening injuries at BoSox game Empty Woman hit by shattered bat, suffers life-threatening injuries at BoSox game

Post by SpartanInNH Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:54 am

Her son was carried off by a cop to keep him from seeing her.  Pity he could probably hear her shrieking.  No

Fan struck and bloodied by broken bat at Fenway Park

Fan injured at Fenway Park seriously hurt

Woman hit by shattered bat, suffers life-threatening injuries at BoSox game 477womanatfenway060515

That was last night. No updates today, which I'm hoping means she's still alive. Woman hit by shattered bat, suffers life-threatening injuries at BoSox game 4177874726
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Woman hit by shattered bat, suffers life-threatening injuries at BoSox game Empty Re: Woman hit by shattered bat, suffers life-threatening injuries at BoSox game

Post by InTenSity Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:10 am

Scroll on the news this morning says she had life threatening injuries. I'm assuming she's still alive.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Woman hit by shattered bat, suffers life-threatening injuries at BoSox game Empty Re: Woman hit by shattered bat, suffers life-threatening injuries at BoSox game

Post by The Pantry Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:58 am

Have always thought maple bats extremely dangerous. Ash and hickory bats generally crack but stay together. Something about the grain causes maple bats to splinter catastrophically. I think they should be banned.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:33 pm

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Though I think pitchers and 3rd basemen are much more at risk than spectators.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:40 pm

Rodeo Burger wrote:I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Though I think pitchers and 3rd basemen are much more at risk than spectators.

I've been to hockey games where a slap shot goes screaming into the stands and I've been to so many baseball games where the ball goes screaming off into the stands. I agree with you I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often, but thank goodness it doesn't.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:53 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Rodeo Burger wrote:I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Though I think pitchers and 3rd basemen are much more at risk than spectators.

I've been to hockey games where a slap shot goes screaming into the stands and I've been to so many baseball games where the ball goes screaming off into the stands. I agree with you I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often, but thank goodness it doesn't.

I heard about it on Twitter, and winced when I heard she was sitting on the third-base line. Most dangerous place in the park, IMHO. And she was in the 2nd row. Jesus.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:43 pm

Guy tried to bare hand one at wriggley field when we were there one year. He was down to the left of us probably 4 rows behind third base dugout. You could hear a perfect splat then he started screaming. Was helped and they seemed to be looking at his whole bottom arm. I was wondering if you could break your arm by getting you hand hit so hard. Dumb ass trying to barehand it
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:26 pm

DWags wrote:Guy tried to bare hand one at wriggley field when we were there one year. He was down to the left of us probably 4 rows behind third base dugout. You could hear a perfect splat then he started screaming.  Was helped and they seemed to be looking at his whole bottom arm. I was wondering if you could break your arm by getting you hand hit so hard.  Dumb ass trying to barehand it
I was at a tigers game in Cleveland two years ago, sitting in the first row behind the right field wall. Cabrera hits a home run and at first I was like "holy shit it's coming right at me" but it ended up smacking into an ad/wall about 10 feet to the left of me. After I heard the noise it made hitting that thing I just said "yeah, probably for the best that I didn't try to catch that."
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:43 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:Guy tried to bare hand one at wriggley field when we were there one year. He was down to the left of us probably 4 rows behind third base dugout. You could hear a perfect splat then he started screaming.  Was helped and they seemed to be looking at his whole bottom arm. I was wondering if you could break your arm by getting you hand hit so hard.  Dumb ass trying to barehand it
I was at a tigers game in Cleveland two years ago, sitting in the first row behind the right field wall. Cabrera hits a home run and at first I was like "holy shit it's coming right at me" but it ended up smacking into an ad/wall about 10 feet to the left of me. After I heard the noise it made hitting that thing I just said "yeah, probably for the best that I didn't try to catch that."

Yeah, I was in Fenway two years back and took the tour during batting practice. They let you go up on the Green Monster during batting practice. It's a home run derby - just a little dainty pitch going to these fucking freaks and like the Thing from Marvel it's clobbering time. I remember seeing the first ball I was like Wow, i can catch - hey wait this thing is moving fast ---DUCK!!!!!....

We all hit the deck and that thing hit metal BANG!!!!!! and then another one BANG!!!!!. Should have brought a glove other wise it's get the fuck out of the way. Got to watch one sail over my head onto the roof on the other side of Fenway. Fucking awesome, but a free ball is not worth a broken hand.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:57 pm

DWags wrote:Guy tried to bare hand one at wriggley field when we were there one year. He was down to the left of us probably 4 rows behind third base dugout. You could hear a perfect splat then he started screaming. Was helped and they seemed to be looking at his whole bottom arm. I was wondering if you could break your arm by getting you hand hit so hard. Dumb ass trying to barehand it

JFC.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:23 pm

Went to the cross town showdown this year. Blonde one section over from me got hit in the face with a ball... sounded like Tyson punching a peice of meat, was nasty
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:03 pm

Saw this story back when it came out and just found it again

Baseball at breaking point over maple bats
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:59 pm

Apparently, she's going to live.  

Boston police:  Fan hit by bat at Fenway expected to survive

Alex Merlis, of Brookline, Massachusetts, said he was sitting in the row behind the woman when the broken bat flew into the stands.

"It was violent," he said of the impact to her forehead and top of her head. "She bled a lot. A lot. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that."
 No
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down