Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh, no, you didn't

+5
Blanch32
Rocinante
steveschneider
CORNER BLITZ
SpartanInNH
9 posters

Go down

Oh, no, you didn't Empty Oh, no, you didn't

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-06-15, 19:57

You didn't just caption a story about campus rape nationwide with a picture of a woman outside Spartan Stadium.  

No.  You.  Didn't.  

Survivor stories show how campus sexual assault is common, life-altering

Oh, no, you didn't Tumblr_m0q1bwqvIs1rqnbfjo1_250
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Oh, no, you didn't Empty Re: Oh, no, you didn't

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-06-15, 20:03

She remembers doing shots of liquor in her dorm room before heading out to a football tailgate party, where she got blackout drunk.

Oh, no, you didn't TZUGd
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-06-15, 20:12

Took a lot of courage for her to come forward and tell her story. I hope our universities can figure out a way to end rape on campuses.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-06-15, 21:08

steveschneider wrote:Took a lot of courage for her to come forward and tell her story. I hope our universities can figure out a way to end rape on campuses.

Her story is she got drunk and had sex with a stranger and doesn't know if she consented or not.

The article touches on it, but the focus in an incident like that on the woman, as though because she has a vagina, she's the only one who can have sex against her will our without consenting, is extremely sexist. I applaud her for being pragmatic about it and understanding that obviously both of them were drunk and stupid. I also appreciate the author at least giving some time to the idea that maybe in a "bad choice" scenario, there is no victim.

And if anyone says that a college aged guy can't have sex against his will, I'll fart in your Cheerios.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-06-15, 21:52

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Took a lot of courage for her to come forward and tell her story. I hope our universities can figure out a way to end rape on campuses.

Her story is she got drunk and had sex with a stranger and doesn't know if she consented or not.

The article touches on it, but the focus in an incident like that on the woman, as though because she has a vagina, she's the only one who can have sex against her will our without consenting, is extremely sexist. I applaud her for being pragmatic about it and understanding that obviously both of them were drunk and stupid. I also appreciate the author at least giving some time to the idea that maybe in a "bad choice" scenario, there is no victim.

And if anyone says that a college aged guy can't have sex against his will, I'll fart in your Cheerios.

In a lot of states if you are too drunk to consent it's considered rape. Unwanted sexual contact is unwanted sexual contact in my eyes she's a victim.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-15, 22:08

Rocinante wrote:

I honestly can recall multiple incidents where I woke up naked with a chick in mine or her bed and no idea how they or myself ended up there. Only difference between me and this story is that I take full responsibility and am not a "vicitim". It was my decision alone to drink too much.

In pretty much all of these incidents drunknesses is the root cause, so good luck to these " activists" to put drinking to an end. And stop pretending this is a new thing. Try being objective and interviewing co eds from the 40s and 50s to see what they tell you looking back. What they say might shock these "activists"
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-15, 22:12

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

In a lot of states if you are too drunk to consent it's considered rape. Unwanted sexual contact is unwanted sexual contact in my eyes she's a victim.

Is the guy too? Since she signed him in and....I'll just leave it at that. See folks, I do have a line
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-06-15, 22:42

Neutral
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-06-16, 06:14

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Thanks. That's my point. They were both too drunk to consent. So who's the victim?

The only solution clearly is breathalyzer chastity belts. If you blow over a .08 that sucker doesn't come off.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-16, 07:17

Blanch32 wrote:
The only times I woke up naked with a chick in mine or her bed we had both drank too  much.  
FIFY
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-16, 07:28

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Thanks. That's my point. They were both too drunk to consent. So who's the victim?

The only solution clearly is breathalyzer chastity belts. If you blow over a .08 that sucker doesn't come off.

Fuck that. I'd probably still be a virgin
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-16, 07:59

I can't believe the media would attempt to taint the reputation of our fine football program via graphical representation with something as trivial as sexual assault..

how dare they?!?!? Oh, no, you didn't 1896033241
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-16, 08:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I can't believe the media would attempt to taint the reputation of our fine football program via graphical representation with something as trivial as sexual assault..

how dare they?!?!? Oh, no, you didn't 1896033241

Especially BC the black dude was unarmed
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-06-16, 08:34

I wonder how many students have been in situations similar to the MSU case during their time there.  I guess "No means No" no longer is the stopper as it once was.  If a girl/guy is drinking you have to stay away even if they act interested, bring you back to their room and actively engage in intimacy. Scary situation from both sides.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-06-16, 08:47

CheesySpartan wrote:I wonder how many students have been in situations similar to the MSU case during their time there.  I guess "No means No" no longer is the stopper as it once was.  If a girl/guy is drinking you have to stay away even if they act interested, bring you back to their room and actively engage in intimacy. Scary situation from both sides.

Just look at the applying/Payne case. The accused felt she was violated BC she was "too scared to say no".

To me the line between rape and buyer's remorse is getting blurred by the media and " activist"
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-06-16, 08:52

Rocinante wrote:

Not sure it made sense to have her story be the primary one in the article.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-06-16, 12:03

Blanch32 wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:I wonder how many students have been in situations similar to the MSU case during their time there.  I guess "No means No" no longer is the stopper as it once was.  If a girl/guy is drinking you have to stay away even if they act interested, bring you back to their room and actively engage in intimacy. Scary situation from both sides.

Just look at the applying/Payne case. The accused felt she was violated BC she was "too scared to say no".

To me the line between rape and buyer's remorse is getting blurred by the media and " activist"

You could argue the male in the MSU story was taken advantage of as much as the female. Thankfully they didn't release his name it could have ruined his life.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-16, 13:00

NigelUno wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Not sure it made sense to have her story be the primary one in the article.
we're an elite program.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-06-16, 17:54

Rocinante wrote:And if anyone says that a college aged guy can't have sex against his will, I'll fart in your Cheerios.

Oh, no, you didn't Frasier-Im-Listening
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down