Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Report: South Florida center John Egbunu visits Michigan State

4 posters

Go down

Article Report: South Florida center John Egbunu visits Michigan State

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun May 04, 2014 12:53 pm

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140501/SPORTS0202/305010139/Report-South-Florida-center-John-Egbunu-visits-Michigan-State

Short article.

East Lansing — While Tom Izzo was busy Wednesday again refuting reports he would leave Michigan State, he also mentioned he was about to meet with a “big-time” recruit.

Thursday, John Rothstein of CBSsports.com tweeted that 6-foot-10 South Florida center John Egbunu, who is looking to transfer, was visiting Michigan State. He added that Egbunu, who just finished his freshman season, will visit Georgetown this week and Florida State and Arizona are also possibilities.

Egbunu averaged 7.4 points, 6.2 rebounds and 1.3 blocks for South Florida and started 31 of 32 games for coach Stan Heath, who was fired after the season. Heath was a Michigan State assistant under Izzo.

Michigan State has one scholarship open with the early departure of guard Gary Harris, though Egbunu would have to sit out a year after transferring.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Article Re: Report: South Florida center John Egbunu visits Michigan State

Post by MJ Sun May 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Safe to say if Izzo is chasing Egbunu, that Montaque Gill-Caesar must really be staying in the 2015 class, unless Izzo is expecting some other off-season attrition.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun May 04, 2014 9:06 pm

MJ wrote:Safe to say if Izzo is chasing Egbunu, that Montaque Gill-Caesar must really be staying in the 2015 class, unless Izzo is expecting some other off-season attrition.

What is the logic behind this? Isn't MGC some type of guard? What would recruiting a center influence a guard for? Unless we'd be out of scholarships.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Achtung Baby Sun May 04, 2014 9:21 pm

InTenSity wrote:

What is the logic behind this? Isn't MGC some type of guard? What would recruiting a center influence a guard for? Unless we'd be out of scholarships.

You answered your own question at the end. There was absolutely nothing wrong with his logic.
Achtung Baby
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun May 04, 2014 9:25 pm

Achtung Baby wrote:

You answered your own question at the end. There was absolutely nothing wrong with his logic.

Ok, how many scholarships are available for 2015?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Achtung Baby Sun May 04, 2014 9:30 pm

InTenSity wrote:

Ok, how many scholarships are available for 2015?

I believe 4. Trice, BJ, Gauna and Byrd. One spot taken by Davis so far.
Achtung Baby
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun May 04, 2014 9:32 pm

Achtung Baby wrote:

Correct, last line of the little article reads "Michigan State has one scholarship open with the early departure of guard Gary Harris".
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun May 04, 2014 9:44 pm

MJ wrote:

Correct, last line of the little article reads "Michigan State has one scholarship open with the early departure of guard Gary Harris".

I should have read the whole thing. It's been a long day. Sorry for the misunderstanding. My reading comprehension sucked in this thread.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun May 04, 2014 9:57 pm

InTenSity wrote:

I should have read the whole thing. It's been a long day. Sorry for the misunderstanding. My reading comprehension sucked in this thread.

It's all pure speculation on my part.

I know the rumors were MCG was going to re-classify, then he wasn't, and then he still might after AAU ball. So just saying it sounds like if Izzo is chasing Egbunu that MCG must be saying hes firm on staying in the 2015 class, UNLESS we get some kind of roster attrition with Byrd or Gauna either transferring or calling it a career. Just my 2 cents.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down