Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when raccoons are descending on your campsite to steal your food.

+6
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Giant Moose
InTenSity
Herbie Green
xsanguine
10 posters

Go down

Bump when raccoons are descending on your campsite to steal your food. Empty Bump when raccoons are descending on your campsite to steal your food.

Post by xsanguine 2015-06-25, 03:11

So as some of you may know I moved from NYC back to Michigan this past Saturday. The next day I decided to relive some early childhood memories by accompanying my parents to their annual 2 week vacay to Ludington state park which they've done every year for the past 40 years

But forget all that shit. My parents are old fucking people now and were in bed by midnight. I've chased two of these rabid fuckers away from my precious campsite cause the homeless little fucks are looking for government handouts. I can hear their democratic cackling throughout the woods around me. I'm not letting this fucking liberal coons (that's raccoons you race baiting lefties) take any of my hard earned body fuel (okay so I didn't buy this shit my parents did... Sue me).
One time at boy scout camp in the early 90s my late scout leader fended off a horde of these Obama voting crackpots in his tighty whities with a baseball bat from scoring our hard fought bluegill stash.
Okay fine, turtleneck, I voted for Obama too.
Fuck these raccoons the size of shar peis coming into my Ludington campsite at 3am while I try to drink beer and smoke weed without the Rangers knowing. They're everywhere! Cackling and trying to steal my beer (and prolly my weed too)
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bump when raccoons are descending on your campsite to steal your food. Empty Re: Bump when raccoons are descending on your campsite to steal your food.

Post by Guest 2015-06-25, 06:28

xsanguine wrote:So as some of you may know I moved from NYC back to Michigan this past Saturday. The next day I decided to relive some early childhood memories by accompanying my parents to their annual 2 week vacay to Ludington state park which they've done every year for the past 40 years

But forget all that shit. My parents are old fucking people now and were in bed by midnight. I've chased two of these rabid fuckers away from my precious campsite cause the homeless little fucks are looking for government handouts. I can hear their democratic cackling throughout the woods around me. I'm not letting this fucking liberal coons (that's raccoons you race baiting lefties) take any of my hard earned body fuel (okay so I didn't buy this shit my parents did... Sue me).
One time at boy scout camp in the early 90s my late scout leader fended off a horde of these Obama voting crackpots in his tighty whities with a baseball bat from scoring our hard fought bluegill stash.
Fuck these raccoons the size of shar peis coming into my Ludington campsite at 3am while I try to drink beer and smoke weed without the Rangers knowing. They're everywhere! Cackling and trying to steal my beer (and prolly my weed too)
So another 10 days of this war to go?   Enough weed on hand to struggle through it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Bump when raccoons are descending on your campsite to steal your food. Empty Re: Bump when raccoons are descending on your campsite to steal your food.

Post by Herbie Green 2015-06-25, 08:40

Well, I returned from Ludington Sunday night to find a family of skunks living under my porch.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-25, 08:43

You should check into a different hotel.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-25, 08:43

I think your only option is to move back to NYC.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-25, 08:54

Were you bros in Ludington while the Gus Macker was going on?!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-06-25, 10:08

I came in Sunday, pretty sure that was the last day of Gus.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-06-25, 10:14

LooseGoose wrote:
xsanguine wrote:So as some of you may know I moved from NYC back to Michigan this past Saturday. The next day I decided to relive some early childhood memories by accompanying my parents to their annual 2 week vacay to Ludington state park which they've done every year for the past 40 years

So another 10 days of this war to go?   Enough weed on hand to struggle through it?
Not nearly enough.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-06-25, 10:16

Giant Moose wrote:I think your only option is to move back to NYC.

The biggest coon I ever saw was on the corner of Irving and Stockholm st in bushwick. That thing probably swallowed cocker spaniel sized rats whole
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-06-25, 10:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Were you bros in Ludington while the Gus Macker was going on?!

Is that still a thing? I remember Ludington being the best Macker to go to back in high school. You had to get your entry in basically on the first day of registration to get in before it filled up.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-06-25, 10:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Were you bros in Ludington while the Gus Macker was going on?!

Is that still a thing? I remember Ludington being the best Macker to go to back in high school. You had to get your entry in basically on the first day of registration to get in before it filled up.

It seemed to be a big thing, was quite busy... More than usual.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-25, 10:25

xsanguine wrote:I came in Sunday, pretty sure that was the last day of Gus.

I was there Saturday morning until Sunday mornin'. Ludington ain't too bad. Had a nice hotel right on the beach basically.

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Very much so still a thing. Probably still the best Macker in Michigan, right on the beach, lots of drinking, plenty of talent (not just on the courts), and good competition. I don't think it's AS big as it was back in the day, but I still think there are like 1,000 teams that sign up. Can't beat it for a nice little weekend. I've played in it the past few years. Basketball
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-25, 10:29

Do they still do the Red Hacker? I remember playing in that one time wondering how the hell my friends convinced me to play in this reject thing. Bump when raccoons are descending on your campsite to steal your food. 502811600
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-25, 10:32

Giant Moose wrote:Do they still do the Red Hacker? I remember playing in that one time wondering how the hell my friends convinced me to play in this reject thing. Bump when raccoons are descending on your campsite to steal your food. 502811600
Red Hacker Basketball

Not going to lie, never heard of it. But looks like you can buy the company.. Bump when raccoons are descending on your campsite to steal your food. 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-06-25, 10:33

I've been appreciating the talent, despite being a newly married man.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-06-25, 10:34

My wife left my car window down overnight in Rocky Mountain National Park last weekend, with a half eaten happy meal in the back. Not sure what was in there, but the car smells like bear sex. That could have just been my wife though.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-25, 10:34

xsanguine wrote:I've been appreciating the talent, despite being a newly married man.
One night with the coons and you're married?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-06-25, 10:37

Hahahahaha
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-25, 10:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:Do they still do the Red Hacker? I remember playing in that one time wondering how the hell my friends convinced me to play in this reject thing. Bump when raccoons are descending on your campsite to steal your food. 502811600
Red Hacker Basketball

Not going to lie, never heard of it. But looks like you can buy the company.. Bump when raccoons are descending on your campsite to steal your food. 502811600

The Midwest's best traveling basketball tournament company....Bump when raccoons are descending on your campsite to steal your food. 1966794946 Bump when raccoons are descending on your campsite to steal your food. 1966794946
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-06-25, 10:38

InTenSity wrote:
xsanguine wrote:I've been appreciating the talent, despite being a newly married man.
One night with the coons and you're married?

Those damn coons drove me to prison life
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-06-25, 11:30

I was there for the Macker (daughter). I had meant to check out the State Park for future reference to see if it is worth the hype but forgot. As it was I stayed at Best Western for $180/night. Now $300 for the skunks plus maybe another $675 for a 45 foot exclusion fence after they trap them. I'm not sure about that fence deal? sounds outrageous but I have had so many varmits over the years that I might do it and be done with it (hopefully).
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-06-25, 11:33

xsanguine wrote:I came in Sunday, pretty sure that was the last day of Gus.

I was there Saturday morning until Sunday mornin'. Ludington ain't too bad. Had a nice hotel right on the beach basically.

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Very much so still a thing. Probably still the best Macker in Michigan, right on the beach, lots of drinking, plenty of talent (not just on the courts), and good competition. I don't think it's AS big as it was back in the day, but I still think there are like 1,000 teams that sign up. Can't beat it for a nice little weekend. I've played in it the past few years. Basketball

Were you at that "motel" a couple blocks straight north of the beach. I parked there Sunday and thought that looked like the bomb place to stay.

...Damn, we could have had a Swilldown.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-06-25, 11:45

Herbie Green wrote:I was there for the Macker (daughter). I had meant to check out the State Park for future reference to see if it is worth the hype but forgot. As it was I stayed at Best Western for $180/night. Now $300 for the skunks plus maybe another $675 for a 45 foot exclusion fence after they trap them. I'm not sure about that fence deal? sounds outrageous but I have had so many varmits over the years that I might do it and be done with it (hopefully).

It's the nicest state park I've ever been to and I've seen a lot cause it's kind of a thing for my parents. They do this shit all over the state. I like it but i regret agreeing to the full two weeks but I guess nostalgia got the best of me. Kind of a tough transition from being able to get Indian food from 5 different places at 3am to the only thing bein open is Meijers at that time here. But I missed this lake, it's way better than those nasty ass Long Island beaches. Make sure you make your reservations in December or whenever it opens up online cause it's usually sold out pretty quick. You can always cancel a certain period ahead of time with no penalty.

I'm gonna go hike around lost lake then maybe break some wedding vows down by the beach house later. Peace out homies.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-06-25, 11:48

Good luck with the skunks, too. That's not an easy battle, either (unless you're the type to call in a real man [ie animal control] to deal with it)
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-06-25, 11:48

Like I would. I ain't getting sprayed by those punks
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-25, 12:05

Herbie Green wrote:

Were you at that "motel" a couple blocks straight north of the beach. I parked there Sunday and thought that looked like the bomb place to stay.

It was Snyder's Shoreline Inn. If you walked down the road with the courts you would hit skate park, mini putt, and then our hotel. It was blue, I think.

Indeed a bomb place to stay, never got in my car except to get booze at meijer. Other than that, walked to the courts and the bars "downtown".

Coulda been, I could have used some tSwill coaching tips as we all here know more than Izzo
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-06-25, 12:21

Was at Pinery Provincial Park years ago cleaning shrimp on a picnic table. Looked up and there were 3 or 4 of the bastards that had snuck up a tree and were sitting on a branch directly overhead.

Another time at the Pinery had some leftover chili go bad (smelled like shit) after a couple days. Took it about 50 yards back in the woods to get rid of it. Raccoons showed up immediately and started fighting over it. One chased another up a tree and out on a dead branch, which then broke and both of them fell about 20 feet to the ground. Laughed my ass off.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-06-25, 13:03

xsanguine wrote:Good luck with the skunks, too. That's not an easy battle, either (unless you're the type to call in a real man [ie animal control] to deal with it)

I spent a day or two seeing if I could evict them blasting sports radio and then called the pros. They have it so good not even 12 hours of Mad Dog and Tim Staudt can drive them away.

They are out comfortably grubbing in my lawn likely right now.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-06-25, 13:14

BTW, Ludington of all places restored my faith in humanity. You have a public beach on Lake Michigan right in the heart of town that is free and alcohol and smoking are allowed (even during the Macker for non-players). They even clean the portajohns throughout the day.
As it is, hardly anyone is drinking or smoking and a ton of cash is moving into town
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-06-25, 13:47

Ludington SP is pretty cool. Lots to do.

Last time there was late July and Lake Michigan was pretty warm. Got heavy winds one night and the water was cold as hell the next day. The waves had created large pools of water up on the beach and there was fog over them. Was so thick people would walk into the pools and disappear from sight.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-25, 14:12

Herbie Green wrote:

Were you at that "motel" a couple blocks straight north of the beach.  I parked there Sunday and thought that looked like the bomb place to stay.

It was Snyder's Shoreline Inn. If you walked down the road with the courts you would hit skate park, mini putt, and then our hotel. It was blue, I think.

Indeed a bomb place to stay, never got in my car except to get booze at meijer. Other than that, walked to the courts and the bars "downtown".

Coulda been, I could have used some tSwill coaching tips as we all here know more than Izzo
Had I known we were going to have a Swill contingent there I would have driven over and hidden some grass, beer and whiskey in a library book for you all.

Let me know if anyone canoes the Ausable this summer and I'll set you up a cache in the woods to impress your companions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-25, 14:14

This thread has been bumped a lot. Must be a lot of raccoons out there this summer.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-06-25, 14:28

Herbie Green wrote:BTW, Ludington of all places restored my faith in humanity. You have a public beach on Lake Michigan right in the heart of town that is free and alcohol and smoking are allowed (even during the Macker for non-players). They even clean the portajohns throughout the day.
As it is, hardly anyone is drinking or smoking and a ton of cash is moving into town
Yeah they do things right up here. It's why the sp is so popular and you have to book a campsite so far in advance.
I'm staring at a family of wild turkeys with two little ones, a doe was chillin in the meadow and chipmunks abound while I post on the swill. I'd be content just hanging out here at the site and drink beer (been drinking all bud, dwags) and watch these critters do their thing but the old man and his wife insist on doing a bunch of activities and I'd feel bad just sitting around doing nothing
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-06-25, 14:31

Giant Moose wrote:This thread has been bumped a lot. Must be a lot of raccoons out there this summer.

They've visited every night but I've only seen a couple. When I was younger you'd have rival gangs fighting each other and you over rights to trying to pry open coolers. The little bastards. They even totaled one guys' escalade one year cause he left his sun roof open... Prolly an RCMBer, the dumb cocksuckers.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-06-25, 14:32

The Pere Marquette must be raging right now. I would go get a raft or kayak.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-06-25, 14:37

Herbie Green wrote:The Pere Marquette must be raging right now. I would go get a raft or kayak.

I'm suppose to go check that out near Baldwin today or tomorrow. Last year they had some logging company up there fucking shit up and we're trying to see if it's going to affect our campsites for salmon season. I'll definitely be checking out the Pere, never seen it during summer
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-06-25, 14:48

Put out some bait....they love potato chips....Lace the potato chips with bug repellent....They get super pissed.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-06-25, 14:55

xsanguine wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:BTW, Ludington of all places restored my faith in humanity. You have a public beach on Lake Michigan right in the heart of town that is free and alcohol and smoking are allowed (even during the Macker for non-players). They even clean the portajohns throughout the day.
Yeah they do things right up here. It's why the sp is so popular and you have to book a campsite so far in advance.
I'm staring at a family of wild turkeys with two little ones, a doe was chillin in the meadow and chipmunks abound while I post on the swill. I'd be content just hanging out here at the site and drink beer (been drinking all bud, dwags) and watch these critters do their thing but the old man and his wife insist on doing a bunch of activities and I'd feel bad just sitting around doing nothing
Got a couple spots in the area next to the beach with some family friends. Decided to go into town for dinner one evening. Was behind their SUV and some other cars stopped to get on the main drag in the park and noticed his rear tire was almost flat. Cell phone coverage was spotty back then so we couldn't call. Honked my horn to get his attention. Just as I did it two deer bolted from a grassy area near the intersection. Looked around to see about 20 pissed off people that had been standing quietly nearby watching them. Had the windows up and radio on so couldn't hear anyone outside, but saw one woman angrily yell "ASSHOLE!"

Later on our friends admitted their first reaction to hearing the honk was, "What asshole is honking at the deer?"
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-06-25, 17:45

I was in North Carolina last week, lady at the welcome station was telling me about some kid on the Appalachian Trail got attacked by a bear over a tube of toothpaste. Dad woke up and kicked bears ass, kid was saved.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-06-25, 21:04

I'd fuck a bear up after a pint of wild turkey. Better believe it. I'm 8 beers deep challenging these 16 year olds to a game of volleyball an I'm talking a big game. Fuck these little kids I've seen top gun.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down