Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White boy. Trying this next week. Your opinion please

+7
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
The Pantry
CheesySpartan
tTy
Giant Moose
DWags
11 posters

Go down

White boy. Trying this next week. Your opinion please Empty White boy. Trying this next week. Your opinion please

Post by DWags 2015-07-10, 00:41

Always buy five ribeyes freeze two. On the RCMB this guy gave me this video. What do you think.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=16&v=uLWsEg1LmaE
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

White boy. Trying this next week. Your opinion please Empty Re: White boy. Trying this next week. Your opinion please

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-10, 13:29

I have nothing to add but threads with no replies make me sad.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

White boy. Trying this next week. Your opinion please Empty Re: White boy. Trying this next week. Your opinion please

Post by tTy 2015-07-10, 13:37

I fucking bailed at "frying steak in oil".
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-07-10, 14:52

I want to hear about how this turns out because it is the exact opposite of what I would do but the science makes sense.

I would be willing to try this.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-07-10, 14:56

tTy wrote:I fucking bailed at "frying steak in oil".
Me too. That's just not right
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-10, 15:14

The Pantry wrote:
tTy wrote:I fucking bailed at "frying steak in oil".
Me too. That's just not right

Weird but I'm going to take a shot. I have never liked thawed steak.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-10, 16:26

Pity bump.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-10, 16:28

Nope, I think it makes sense. I'll be on this next weekend.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-07-10, 18:25

Why not? 

Though I might opt for a super hot cast iron skillet - done outdoors to avoid smoking yourself out. And probably wouldn't use as much oil. I think it would sear better. Also I'd make the oven hotter.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-07-11, 09:05

Didn't watch but isn't hot oil and frozen meat a recipe for disaster, ala frozen turkey in the deep fryer?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-07-11, 11:19

Triple Sparty wrote:Didn't watch but isn't hot oil and frozen meat a recipe for disaster, ala frozen turkey in the deep fryer?

They just stuck the steak on a sheet and froze that so very minimal ice crystals
then put steak in plastic wrap and ziploc bag
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-07-11, 15:31

Triple Sparty wrote:Didn't watch but isn't hot oil and frozen meat a recipe for disaster, ala frozen turkey in the deep fryer?

The tailgate of "the" Charles Rogers catch vs Notre Dame....we were at the Natural Resources building getting blasted as we normally would(I drank an entire box of white wine that morning) and these jabronis next to us started to setup their deep fryer. Later on their friend shows up with the turkey, still wrapped in plastic and that mesh bag they wrap them in, and it was obviously just bought at Meijer. One dude asks him "you sure that is thawed?" as they just dump that beast into the fryer....Yada yada yada searing hot grease fountain erupts into a pile of flames and scorches the hell out of the grass in a 5 foot diameter. One of the funniest things I ever saw.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-11, 15:40

pulling69 wrote:

The tailgate of "the" Charles Rogers catch vs Notre Dame....we were at the Natural Resources building getting blasted as we normally would(I drank an entire box of white wine that morning) and these jabronis next to us started to setup their deep fryer. Later on their friend shows up with the turkey, still wrapped in plastic and that mesh bag they wrap them in, and it was obviously just bought at Meijer. One dude asks him "you sure that is thawed?" as they just dump that beast into the fryer....Yada yada yada searing hot grease fountain erupts into a pile of flames and scorches the hell out of the grass in a 5 foot diameter. One of the funniest things I ever saw.

How did the turkey taste?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans 2015-07-12, 09:25

I have done this and it is amazing. You must try it.
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans 2015-07-12, 09:33

The method is from this cookbook.

Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking.

Here is a video about it. http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/01/18/dining/modernist-cuisine-adapted-to-home-entertaining.html?_r=2&referrer=
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-12, 09:44

GirbaudJeans wrote:The method is from this cookbook.

Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking.

Here is a video about it. http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/01/18/dining/modernist-cuisine-adapted-to-home-entertaining.html?_r=2&referrer=

Holy crap!!!

I've just witnessed my favorite food being cooked and the guy got to use a blow torch while doing it???????

Is that what heaven is like?

Blow torch

Meat

Eat

WTF? If we could blow something up while doing that, and an MSU football game on the t.v., my life would be complete.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down