Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession? Jadeveon Clowney says $aban is a conceited prick

+5
DWags
Motown Spartan
steveschneider
Rocinante
SpartanInNH
9 posters

Go down

Obsession?  Jadeveon Clowney says $aban is a conceited prick Empty Obsession? Jadeveon Clowney says $aban is a conceited prick

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-07-11, 09:25

Well, okay, he doesn't say that, exactly, but close enough:

The man who’s arguably the most successful coach in recent college football history didn’t leave too much of an impression on the Texans’ Jadeveon Clowney years ago.

Clowney, the South Carolina product whom the Texans drafted with the first overall pick in the 2014 draft, is quoted in Monte Burke’s upcoming book “Saban: The Making of a Coach about Alabama coach Nick Saban, who’s led the Crimson Tide to three BCS national championships (2009, 2011, 2012) since arriving in Tuscaloosa in 2007. Saban also won a BCS national title at LSU in 2003.

In the book, Clowney talked about Saban and the visit the Alabama coach made to the defensive end’s Rock Hill, S.C., home.

“I don’t see no big deal like everybody else. They’d say, ‘He’s the king of all of football.’ The guy ain’t nothing but 5-5. He’s a short guy. Everybody’s going crazy on Nick Saban.

“He talked the whole time he was there. I was dozing off. He can talk. A lot. He talked for a whole straight hour.”

Texans' Jadeveon Clowney on Nick Saban
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession?  Jadeveon Clowney says $aban is a conceited prick Empty Re: Obsession? Jadeveon Clowney says $aban is a conceited prick

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-11, 09:41

Coming from a guy who was notoriously lazy in college, I'll go ahead and give Nick the benefit of the doubt.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession?  Jadeveon Clowney says $aban is a conceited prick Empty Re: Obsession? Jadeveon Clowney says $aban is a conceited prick

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-11, 09:43

How many rings does Nick have?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2015-07-11, 09:51

Sounds like Clowney has penis envy of a guy who is only 5-5.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-11, 10:58

1. He is. I coached at many of his camps

2. It makes him good imo.

3. Alabama doesn't care what Clowny thinks

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-11, 11:05

DWags wrote:1. He is. I cooked at many of his camps

Fixed
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-11, 13:37

Disrespecting a 4-time NC coach? Win something, then pop off, Clowney.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-11, 15:30

Turtleneck wrote:

Fixed
I don't get it, but I'm sure it made you grin so well done. Don't u follow the 16 year old recruits for us? Cool.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2015-07-11, 16:24

Turtleneck wrote:

Fixed

Gee thanks pal. What other tricks do you know?
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-07-11, 16:29

Rocinante wrote:Coming from a guy who was notoriously lazy in college, I'll go ahead and give Nick the benefit of the doubt.

He wasn't known for being notoriously lazy. He notoriously gave no fucks about that final season and didn't even want to play. Pretty damn selfish, but maybe he couldn't afford one of those super insurance policies some guys get when they know they're a top pick.

Also, Saban is a douche, personal experience.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down