Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game

+27
TrueGreenSpartan
Clarett's Folly
Larry Kazamias
I Still Hate Weber State
Ass Dan
Gob Bluth
duffy munn
tanfan!
DWags
A. Allen
Floyd Robertson
AMwood
Gomer
d_mcc
Cameron
Youngblood 96
Heat Miser
WBill
Danny Tanner
BtothejizA
J T
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Stoops21
pulling69
That's Good D!
JEK
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game Empty Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game

Post by JEK 2014-04-26, 20:46

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/sparty-spring-game-btn

Here's an interesting thread about our non-rival commenting in length on a game they don't care about.

JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game Empty Re: Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game

Post by That's Good D! 2014-04-26, 20:55

I saw that. Pretty entertaining, but not as much as it was 2-3 years ago. It's really predictable and repetitive now.

Some of them want to ignore us and some think we're important because of the rivalry. It's their version of SB vs DE. Except theyve been doing it for 7 years now.
That's Good D!
That's Good D!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game Empty Re: Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game

Post by pulling69 2014-04-26, 20:56

What did they have to say about the following:

Flozell?
Coach D's Rose Bowl ring?
Sparty being a more effective RB than any on their current roster?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-04-26, 21:01

That's Good D! wrote:Some of them want to ignore us and some think we're important because of the rivalry. It's their version of SB vs DE. Except theyve been doing it for 7 years now.

Yes. It's interesting reading an RCMB-esque thread from their viewpoint. One thing that really stands out is that the people who bitch about rivalry talk are way more annoying than the people who bring it up. They sound much more insecure as far as fandom goes. What contribution is there in logging in just to say you don't care about something?
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-04-26, 21:02

Were still little brother I guess. How are we insufferable? Their mouth breathing fan base have run their mouths far too long. Don't they realize the whole country hates them? Even if we beat them 100 times in a row they will never stop. One year at a time.

29-6
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-04-26, 21:06

I wish the people on that site would spend less time posting and more time picking up the auto parts and hot water heaters in their front yards.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-04-26, 21:08

It's beautiful.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-04-26, 21:09

Stoops21 wrote:Were still little brother I guess. How are we insufferable? Their mouth breathing fan base have run their mouths far too long. Don't they realize the whole country hates them? Even if we beat them 100 times in a row they will never stop. One year at a time.

29-6

The narrative and mindset is constantly evolving. In terms of how they view MSU under MD, it went something like dismissive to annoyed to concerned and now to acceptance. Except that "acceptance" of MSU being the better program of course has to have a caveat: that no matter how much better we are, we are still Little Brother.

Hey, meaningless labels are what they want to hang their hats on, that's cool. I guess I'll settle for the wins on the field.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by J T 2014-04-26, 21:14

pulling69 wrote:What did they have to say about the following:

Flozell?
Coach D's Rose Bowl ring?

I'd like to know what they have to say about this.

Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game Mfans-8113_zpsd50266d1
J T
J T
Spartiate

http://www.planomatic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-04-26, 21:31

J T wrote:

Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game Mfans-8113_zpsd50266d1

Shocked   lol!   Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game 1966794946 Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game 3836498553 
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA 2014-04-26, 21:45

"How many
pointless drills did they run?"

Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game 502811600
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Tanner 2014-04-26, 21:50

J T wrote:

That's at the computer center right?
Danny Tanner
Danny Tanner
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-04-26, 21:57

Wut? Why? Wait, why?!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by A. Allen 2014-04-26, 22:03

I find a lot of the things they do amusing...

... except anything on that awful, awful forum.
A. Allen
A. Allen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-04-26, 22:11

There was a thread of posts where the OP was envious that MSU actually ran a real game (as opposed to a glorified practice) for their spring game, promoted it, and acted fan friendly about it. Of course the first response was that MSU has so few fans that they have to be nice to them.

That is a courtesy Brandon doesn't need follow as long as you throw out a few 'we're Michigan" and "Ohio" cliches followed closely by raising prices and selling out another sponsorship.

WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-04-26, 22:13

Twisted Evil 

MGoBlowJob Slappy wrote:I don't understand how MSU gets these 3-star guys to be so good.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngblood 96 2014-04-26, 22:25

A couple of my favorites:

[i]Patch design being indentical to Michigan's design they used (they didn't even wear a patch this year) isn't a coincidence. Why can't they just get a life and leave us alone? They won the Rose Bowl and still seem to care so deeply about a team that has lost two straight restaurant bowls.[/i] wrote:

Have had more success recently obviously and they have a better coaching staff IMO but what they don't have is UM's resources, facilities, brand and tradition. We'll be kicking their asses soon enough with or without coach Hoke. wrote:

And this one after someone mentioned the number of fans that showed up for our Spring game:

yeah its amazing what a month of better weather will do for crowd support wrote:

Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game 1494614055 
Youngblood 96
Youngblood 96
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2014-04-26, 22:49

J T wrote:

What is that? And why is it not on fire?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by d_mcc 2014-04-26, 22:53

STEROIDS. and you know thats what perles brought from the steelers, right ? It was very well known. advanced knowhow of perfoamce drugs.

Yup... Everyone's on the Roids!
d_mcc
d_mcc
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by J T 2014-04-26, 23:28

Danny Tanner wrote:

That's at the computer center right?

Yes. As I was walking north across the bridge over the river, I started to see corn and blue, and as I got closer, all I could muster was a big WTF? in my mind. No, really, what...the...****???
J T
J T
Spartiate

http://www.planomatic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-04-27, 00:13

Why do they refer to "State" as "Staee?" MgoBlow is the only place I seem to see it, where did it come from and why do they think it is funny/creative?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-04-27, 00:24

This stino97 guy is whip smart, the perfect example of the scUM fan that only shows up when they are either in the news or wining games:

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we play at spartan stadium last year??? Why are we playing them again this year??"
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-04-27, 01:51

pulling69 wrote:What did they have to say about the following:

Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game 1966794946 
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-04-27, 05:38

From the Detroit News comments section this morning, I think we have some potential new vocabulary here - something for our very own.

Thanks to Vee Haney for "bang wagon"!!!

Vee Haney
Lol msu fans hope y'all stay real fans and dont jump off yall bang wagon wen they go bk to being the msu we all have grown to know

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140426/SPORTS0202/304260048/Michigan-State-football-path-extended-greatness
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-04-27, 05:49

spends too much time on bangbus.com
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-04-27, 06:35

Bigwolverinefan said ...
Have had more success recently obviously and they have a better coaching staff IMO but what they don't have is UM's resources, facilities, brand and tradition. We'll be kicking their asses soon enough with or without coach Hoke.

What brand is that?  The "WE'RE MICHIGAN FERGODSAKES" brand  Sleep

Don't they understand that Dave Brandon has ruined the brand?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by A. Allen 2014-04-27, 07:09

LooseGoose wrote:Thanks to Vee Haney for "bang wagon"!!!

Bang wagon? Does he mean one of these?

Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game SuspiciousVan1-550x366

I've yet to meet an MSU fan with a forced lovin' van. That's strictly a Walmart Wolverine thing.
A. Allen
A. Allen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-04-27, 21:49

"STEROIDS. and you know thats what perles brought from the steelers, right ? It was very well known. advanced knowhow of perfoamce drugs.

And Mandarich used horse hormones...thats why he was passing the sorry tests, until later when he couldnt pass them he used a someone elses piss. Itll come out sooner or later on bullogh and the others"
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2014-04-27, 22:10

I'd like to propose "bang wagon" be the first official Swill meme.
Example; can't wait to see Shilique and company park the bang wagon on Devin Gardner this fall.
Does anyone second?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-04-27, 22:24

Clarett's Folly wrote:I'd like to propose "bang wagon" be the first official Swill meme.
Example; can't wait to see Shilique and company park the bang wagon on Devin Gardner this fall.
Does anyone second?

Second. Jones Blindsides Miller: Oh man, he was bang wagoned.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-04-27, 23:42

JEK wrote:

The narrative and mindset is constantly evolving. In terms of how they view MSU under MD, it went something like dismissive to annoyed to concerned and now to acceptance. Except that "acceptance" of MSU being the better program of course has to have a caveat: that no matter how much better we are, we are still Little Brother.

Hey, meaningless labels are what they want to hang their hats on, that's cool. I guess I'll settle for the wins on the field.

Did you read how there are still out recruiting us? They have that going for them. winning on the field doesn't matter, its getting the better players!  Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game 3434560931 
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-04-27, 23:47

I loved the parts where they would be like: They are beating us on the field, but they ARE NOT OUTRECRUITING US!!!!!! Like it was more important or some shit Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2014-04-27, 23:52

DWags wrote:

Second.  Jones Blindsides Miller:  Oh man, he was bang wagoned.  

Man... If we could get Jim Miller or Jason Strayhorn to use bang wagon this fall it would be fantastic.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2014-04-28, 00:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I loved the parts where they would be like: They are beating us on the field, but they ARE NOT OUTRECRUITING US!!!!!! Like it was more important or some shit Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game 502811600

I cracked up at that, too. "Sure they may be beating us on the field but we are winning the nebulous, highly open to both debate and interpretation, battle of recruiting."

The other one that cracked me up was the guy who argued we aren't really that great defensively because our defensive players aren't doing anything special in the NFL. Hey, dumbshit, that's the worse option because it means the magic lies with the coaching staff in East Lansing and not with some group of highly talented players who will move on after a few years.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-04-28, 00:08

[quote="Tanfan!"]

Signed,

You

Six months ago.

Edit. screwed up the quote but Tanner was singing the exact same tune as U of M fans not so long ago.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-04-28, 00:35

Tanfan! wrote:

Did you read how there are still out recruiting us? They have that going for them.  winning on the field doesn't matter, its getting the better players!  Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game 3434560931 

Thought I would try to make my point again, Exactly what Tanner was saying six months ago.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gob Bluth 2014-04-28, 09:13

Can't wait to push their shit in once again. What Shilique and Co. do to their offensive line this year will make 29-6 look like church.
Gob Bluth
Gob Bluth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-04-28, 09:19

Clarett's Folly wrote:

Man... If we could get Jim Miller or Jason Strayhorn to use bang wagon this fall it would be fantastic.

Somewhere, karsch's wife's legs just quivered thinking about Miller and a bang wagon
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I Still Hate Weber State 2014-04-28, 10:08

The funniest part of all of it is that most of them have no knowledge of our roster.

Our defensive backfield is going to be a mess.
We are screwed if Langford gets hurt (you know, the superstar that none of them knew existed this time last year)
Our DL is Calhoun and a bunch of average players.
We lost EVERYTHING on the OL.
Our TEs can't block at all (which is hilarious coming from them)

That's what makes beating their ass even more fun. They literally have no idea it's going to happen because they are so fucking stupid.
I Still Hate Weber State
I Still Hate Weber State
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-04-28, 11:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I loved the parts where they would be like: They are beating us on the field, but they ARE NOT OUTRECRUITING US!!!!!! Like it was more important or some shit Warning: Obsession about Mgoblog's obsession about MSU spring game 502811600

The order of importance goes something like this:

1. Croootin'
2. Brand
3. Tradition
4. Facilities
5. Winning
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next