Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tRCMB is very sensitive about tSwill

+22
Dingleberryexplosion
Blaine Fabin
Gomer
Snake Plissken
HT
Rodeo Burger
Other Teams Pursuing That
Blanch32
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
The Pantry
WhiteGreenShow
WhiteBoyHatcher
Masturbates
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
steveschneider
CORNER BLITZ
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
Giant Moose
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

tRCMB is very sensitive about tSwill - Page 2 Empty Re: tRCMB is very sensitive about tSwill

Post by HT 2015-07-21, 19:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
It's a "thanks!", I believe.  Still not sure who awards them

I think the OP has the ability to hit "thanks" on a reply.

If I was running this place, as I should be, with heat and SRC gone, the whole genorate and labels would be gone. We don't need those. We are message board posters. Not a fucking Supreme Court or senators of Rome.

The labels honestly come off as kind of cheesy. We're all MSU alums/fans, why not leave it at that?
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tRCMB is very sensitive about tSwill - Page 2 Empty Re: tRCMB is very sensitive about tSwill

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-21, 20:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I enjoy it, too. You and I have also been around long enough to have seen the board rise and fall in terms of personality and post quality. Right now the quality is way down. Part of that is because it's summer/OT season. Part of it is because of the high number of schticks that mods seem to do little about. I also think the board, right now, has gotten a lot younger, and that's not even including the Spartan Designs kid. With that youth comes far more sunshine blowing than even I can tolerate, and I usually sit on the fence between the SB and DE crowds.  It'll flow back toward the older, regular posters as summer wanes and the season begins.
On a sidenote, I have no idea what to do about those squints who constantly bitch about recruit rankings, especially those who micro-inspect the numbers down to the thousandths of a point. I think I bitched at them enough to scare them off--for now -- but I know they'll be back. tRCMB is very sensitive about tSwill - Page 2 502811600

Dead on about the ebbs and flows.

As far as recruiting goes, I actually got excited about it this spring for the first time in about 12 years. The way the football staff and recruits were using the #V4MSU thing in social media and the kids recruiting one another to create a buzz was kinda cool.

I will always consider the recruiting rankings to be nothing more than amusing.  What the hell is difference between a composite of 98.87 and 98.86 and people getting upset over a .01 drop.  One of the kids that verballed to MSU this spring was raned #647 in the country.  Really, you can rank high school kids with such precision that a kid is #647 and not #646 tRCMB is very sensitive about tSwill - Page 2 502811600

tRCMB is very sensitive about tSwill - Page 2 502811600 Yeah, that never made much sense to me, either. I know some here hate the entire recruiting thing, and that's cool. Im like you--it's been very enjoyable these past few months watching the class take shape, and especially the way in which they went about it. The #V4MSU hashtag was clever as hell. I don't follow or tweet at recruits, but I got swept up in the heavy interest that hashtag generated. I love that MD's targeted recruits are committing. Used to be that MSU was -- at best -- mentioned as an afterthought. These are good times for FB and I'm loving every moment of it. It took most of my life to get to this place.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-21, 20:14

The Pantry wrote:It's a "thanks!", I believe. Still not sure who awards them

I think the OP has the ability to hit "thanks" on a reply.

If I was running this place, as I should be, with heat and SRC gone, the whole genorate and labels would be gone. We don't need those. We are message board posters. Not a fucking Supreme Court or senators of Rome.

If anyone takes my badge without a vote I'm gone.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-07-21, 20:29

I could take or leave the badges and Geronte shit. I don't take my message boardin' that seriously. But I get what SRC was trying to do with that and why he felt it was important. It's just a way to keep the board run by the masses and thus not have mods or the 'people who run' the board be able to decide what's best for everyone. In reality, if the owner/mods just have a chill stance to things, it would be fine but I get why he felt important to stress that this board would be run by the posters considering where we all came from.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-07-21, 20:47

The Pantry wrote:
So, you're proposing an OTPT dictatorship...?  

I'm proposing that people like HT, moose, umm etc, are not separated by some Busch league member ranking like gerontwat. I hated that from the start, and thought it was completely unnecessary.

Not like it actually matters in the long run, just thought it was stupid and a waste of time. There doesn't need to be a council of members to vote on things, just delete anything that can get the site banned from forum motion. Which I still don't buy anyone is even monitoring this shit in the first place.

Idk I'm just drunk and spit balling here. Maybe we should vote on it. Maybe we should vote heat and SRC off the island. Whatever. Go green y'all.
I swear the God if you take away my geisha badge I will hunt you. I will find you. And I will hurt you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-21, 20:47

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I could take or leave the badges and Geronte shit. I don't take my message boardin' that seriously. But I get what SRC was trying to do with that and why he felt it was important. It's just a way to keep the board run by the masses and thus not have mods or the 'people who run' the board be able to decide what's best for everyone. In reality, if the owner/mods just have a chill stance to things, it would be fine but I get why he felt important to stress that this board would be run by the posters considering where we all came from.
I agree with his reasoning but would change the methodology.  If you're an active post you have a voice in the governance of the board.   If you're not, you don't.   Simple.  

Personally I'd define "active" as an average of a post a day.    As long as you maintain that then you're "geronte" or whatever.   And you could throttle it to no more than 5 posts count from any single day to keep people from gaming the system.

That keeps the active members in charge of the board without all the drama of the elections, etc.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-07-21, 20:54

I mean.... What governance? We need a way to make me a mod so I can rule with an iron fist, but once we've done that no governance is necessary.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-07-21, 20:58

Fuck that. I think we need to make Nucky a mod.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-21, 21:05

I say get rid of labels but keep the Co9 in place (I already put it on my resume!)
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-07-21, 21:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Fuck that. I think we need to make Nucky a mod.
Just for that I'm going to ban you first
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-07-21, 21:06

Blanch32 wrote:

Shit this place wouldn't have half the juice with out me. Like I'm atlas or something
Are you finally getting paid for your great body of work?
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-07-21, 21:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I could take or leave the badges and Geronte shit.
I'm with you there
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-07-21, 21:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Fuck that. I think we need to make Nucky a mod.

Over the last 12 months I have come to believe "Nucky" is now a trusted mod or even T Barnes who posts as Nucky to drive up clicks when traffic on the RCMB hits a lull.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-21, 21:12

Turtleneck wrote:I say get rid of labels but keep the Co9 in place (I already put it on my resume!)

I should put it on my LinkedIn profile.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-07-21, 21:13

I put Branden Dawson's contract with the Clippers on my resume. I've always been a big supporter of his and I'm very proud.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-21, 21:14

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:I say get rid of labels but keep the Co9 in place (I already put it on my resume!)

Please do. It would be epic.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-21, 21:22

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Turtleneck do you still post at the rcmb?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-21, 21:24

Rodeo Burger wrote:I recall some of the mods there being fanatics about...being fanatics. Whether they had an enemy poster that they loved to ban or censor, whatever.

There are some people there that are just absolutely nuts about that place. Like they think if they ban enough people, it will become what it was.

What is was? When exactly BC they are now the exact opposite of 2002 when I started
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-21, 21:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I could take or leave the badges and Geronte shit. I don't take my message boardin' that seriously. But I get what SRC was trying to do with that and why he felt it was important. It's just a way to keep the board run by the masses and thus not have mods or the 'people who run' the board be able to decide what's best for everyone. In reality, if the owner/mods just have a chill stance to things, it would be fine but I get why he felt important to stress that this board would be run by the posters considering where we all came from.

This is the first time that big word labels finally made sense to me. Lol

I just thought he was talking frat, and I went with it BC I simply don't have the "luxury" you all get. Lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-21, 21:30

Snake Plissken wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Shit this place wouldn't have half the juice with out me. Like I'm atlas or something
Are you finally getting paid for your great body of work?

Not yet but i got some solid ideas once I get some free time to iron out the business plans
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-21, 21:31

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Turtleneck do you still post at the rcmb?

I have not posted there in over a year. Once I started here, I lost interest in that place. I never had any serious issues with mods over there - banned once for quoting an infamous letter written by a Maryland sorority president - but jumped ship when a new independent board opened.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2015-07-21, 22:27

The ginormo and sploogiate titles did provide us a modicum of control as it helps to identify the established posters and provides a means of dealing with shitstains that would try to infiltrate this place just to attention whore and make trouble.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-07-21, 22:30

Keep the badges...especially the Pet Troll one.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-21, 22:45

Should we have a c09 vote?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaine Fabin 2015-07-21, 23:01

#FtRCMB
Blaine Fabin
Blaine Fabin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dingleberryexplosion 2015-07-21, 23:46

So many cheesedicks over at that shithole.
Dingleberryexplosion
Dingleberryexplosion
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-21, 23:47

Idk I'm just drunk

Shoulda just stopped there.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-22, 01:09

When do I get to be a mod here?      I thought we were all going to get a week or something
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-22, 01:32

DWags wrote:When do I get to be a mod here?      I thought we were all going to get a week or something

For Blanch, it's weak.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-07-22, 04:47

steveschneider wrote:

Should I add internet forum moderator to my LinkedIn Profile? If I do must I include the site?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Masturbates 2015-07-22, 13:05

I checked out the 247 Spartan tailgate for the first time today. Seems like a direct clone of this place. Should I create a name there as well? Is it worth it?
Masturbates
Masturbates
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-07-22, 13:23

Masturbates wrote:I checked out the 247 Spartan tailgate for the first time today. Seems like a direct clone of this place. Should I create a name there as well? Is it worth it?

Nah, stay here. It's kind of lame over there.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Masturbates 2015-07-22, 18:54

HT wrote:
Masturbates wrote:I checked out the 247 Spartan tailgate for the first time today. Seems like a direct clone of this place. Should I create a name there as well? Is it worth it?

Seems like they have some of the same topics even... Seems ok, but weird to have two very similar webpages.
Masturbates
Masturbates
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-22, 19:16

Masturbates wrote:
HT wrote:

Seems like they have some of the same topics even... Seems ok, but weird to have two very similar webpages.

What are you, a fuckin spy or something? I smell bacon mother fucker.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by EJE 2015-07-22, 21:22

Giant Moose,
Thanks for posting the info about this site over on tRCMB.  I just discovered tSwill thanks to that thread.  I've been a long timer on tRCMB though I post infrequently.  Great to see so many familiar names of posters over here.  I can understand why tRCMB rulers would not want this site linked; its kind of a mutiny isn't it ?
EJE
EJE
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-22, 21:24

What is everyone's predictions for the 2015 football season?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-22, 21:25

steveschneider wrote:What is everyone's predictions for the 2015 football season?

11-1. New helmet bumpers cost MSU a game somewhere on the schedule.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-07-22, 21:35

EJE wrote:Giant Moose,
Thanks for posting the info about this site over on tRCMB.  I just discovered tSwill thanks to that thread.  I've been a long timer on tRCMB though I post infrequently.  Great to see so many familiar names of posters over here.  I can understand why tRCMB rulers would not want this site linked; its kind of a mutiny isn't it ?
"Mutiny" is sort of extreme. I think of it more as "alternative".

Many of us still post both places. This place has far less bullshit and is way more low key.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-22, 21:38

Depends, did you enjoy apartheid?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-22, 21:41

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:What is everyone's predictions for the 2015 football season?

11-1. New helmet bumpers cost MSU a game somewhere on the schedule.

14-0 keep moving that rock!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next