Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened to America's sense of humor?

+2
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
6 posters

Go down

What happened to America's sense of humor? Empty What happened to America's sense of humor?

Post by Guest 2015-08-11, 16:53

Are we not allowed any public pranks?

3 Hurt In Leaf-optimist Prank At Newport Beach Movie Theater

One suspects entered the theater through the emergency door, holding “some type of loud, handheld machine” later determined to be a leaf-optimist over his head, police said.

The suspect yelled, shook the leaf-optimist, and revved its engine to create a loud and disturbing noise, witnesses told investigators.
The three men reportedly exited the theater through the same emergency exit door, police said.

“You’re literally thinking (about) “Texas Chainsaw Massacre,” like there’s crazy people out there,” one injured movie-goer said. “You’re in a theater, and you think you’re going to die.”

“People started screaming, and everybody got up and started running, like fight-or-flight, and some lady pushed me and I fell on the ground, and like seven or eight people trampled over my leg, and over my head.”

Theater Management was alerted to the activity by the emergency door alarm activation and reports from people who ran from the theater, according to police.

Officials say three people suffered minor injuries as moviegoers rushed out of the theater. One of the victims reportedly went to Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian to be checked out.

Police say that whether or not it was meant as a prank, it was no joking matter given a recent series of violent episodes in movie theaters nationally.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

What happened to America's sense of humor? Empty Re: What happened to America's sense of humor?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-11, 17:01

I'm not sure what's wrong with people these days.. can't take a joke.  It's not like there have been violent episodes at theaters recently where gun nuts have just walked in and randomly began shooting and killing people.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2015-08-11, 17:02; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What happened to America's sense of humor? Empty Re: What happened to America's sense of humor?

Post by steveschneider 2015-08-11, 17:02

I worked with a guy from Vermont and he told me about a time he was at a movie theater in the 80's watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre and someone in the upper balcony started their chainsaw during the film. I'm not doing it justice, but it was a funnier story the way he told it.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-08-11, 17:34

There's a "drive in" theatre where you sit in inner tubes in a pond with your legs dangling and they show Jaws.

I can only imagine the Mosquitos are as bad as the movie and idea.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-11, 17:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not sure what's wrong with people these days.. can't take a joke.  It's not like there have been violent episodes at theaters recently where nuts have just walked in and randomly began shooting and killing people.
FIFY

Now explain for me what difference that makes?   Does the leaf optimist make people crazy?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-11, 17:48

America lost her sense of humor a long time ago. I remember when I was a kid growing up on Amity Island and one summer the whole town was freaking out because the Kintner kid and some hot chick got eaten by a shark.
Well, me and another kid carved out some cardboard and painted it to look like a shark fin. Then we swam around some of the people in the water near the beach just to freak them out a little. Damned if we didn't wind up with a couple dozen guns pointed at us, though. Not one of them sumbitches laughed. Then, that pussy buddy of mine tried to say I made him do it.
I weep for our country.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-08-11, 17:56

Whoever and whenever the movie reefer madness was created that's pretty much when.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-08-11, 17:57

tGreenWay wrote:America lost her sense of humor a long time ago. I remember when I was a kid growing up on Amity Island and one summer the whole town was freaking out because the Kintner kid and some hot chick got eaten by a shark.
Well, me and another kid carved out some cardboard and painted it to look like a shark fin. Then we swam around some of the people in the water near the beach just to freak them out a little. Damned if we didn't wind up with a couple dozen guns pointed at us, though. Not one of them sumbitches laughed. Then, that pussy buddy of mine tried to say I made him do it.
I weep for our country.

Such an obvious lie...

We all know you were the one blaming him.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-11, 19:34

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:America lost her sense of humor a long time ago. I remember when I was a kid growing up on Amity Island and one summer the whole town was freaking out because the Kintner kid and some hot chick got eaten by a shark.
I weep for our country.

Such an obvious lie...

We all know you were the one blaming him.

That's not how I remember it, but it might be the trauma of a hundred guns pointing at me that has affected my memory.
Did I say a hundred guns? I meant two hundred.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-08-11, 19:41

I think America's sense of humor is great. I mean Donald Trump is currently a leading candidate for President of the United States. What happened to America's sense of humor? 1494614055
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down