Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do you think the players don't like cook enough to be a captain

+16
CORNER BLITZ
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
The_Dude
Giant Moose
Blanch32
Tyler Durden
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
Tim Wakefield
Herbie Green
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Rocinante
tanfan!
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why do you think the players don't like cook enough to be a captain Empty Why do you think the players don't like cook enough to be a captain

Post by tanfan! 01/09/15, 04:13 pm

Here is a guy that has lead them to come from behind victories in the Rose and Cotton and yet the players don't want him to be a captain. Weird.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Why do you think the players don't like cook enough to be a captain Empty Re: Why do you think the players don't like cook enough to be a captain

Post by Rocinante 01/09/15, 04:17 pm

Because you touch yourself.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Why do you think the players don't like cook enough to be a captain Empty Re: Why do you think the players don't like cook enough to be a captain

Post by Turtleneck 01/09/15, 04:17 pm

They like him just fine.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 01/09/15, 04:20 pm

My guess is the other players that were voted captain are more outspoken and vocal towards the team. Cook seems like the dude who will get in your face when you fuck up or something but not exactly "rah rah" in front of everyone like Cousins was.

Cook is a silent assassin, man. Love me some Cook.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 01/09/15, 04:26 pm

My theory is that Cook is not a bible thumper
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 01/09/15, 04:27 pm

Because he's a douchebag
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 01/09/15, 04:27 pm

I thought it was BS the guy is flat out a winner and probably the best Spartan QB of my lifetime.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 01/09/15, 04:29 pm

Herbie Green wrote:My theory is that Cook is not a bible thumper
not a bad theory, actually
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden 01/09/15, 04:33 pm

Because he's an asshole.
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/09/15, 04:34 pm

I heard he was an alien.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 01/09/15, 04:34 pm

Doesn't the dude wear a cross around his neck?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 01/09/15, 04:35 pm

Cook plays better when he can do him. Worry about everyone else is not his style. He's too carefree maaan
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/09/15, 04:37 pm

Blanch32 wrote:Cook plays better when he can do him. Worry about everyone else is not his style. He's too carefree maaan

I think Blanch is right. Cook is not a captain because the chickens are not in the coop and Dale forgot about Maggie's birthday before he left for Spain.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 01/09/15, 04:37 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Why do you think the players don't like cook enough to be a captain Feaa7dbdba184b576974590c4bdc4e45

I spy a cross.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/09/15, 04:39 pm

Why do you think the players don't like cook enough to be a captain Feaa7dbdba184b576974590c4bdc4e45

I spy a cross.

He did attend the Christian Academy of Louisville.

By the way, he is not a captain because he is not playing at MSU anymore.
http://caschools.us/conner-cook-signs-with-upike
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 01/09/15, 04:41 pm

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 01/09/15, 04:41 pm

Maybe he wouldn't piss in a condom for Max Bullough.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/09/15, 04:43 pm

Giant Moose wrote:Maybe he wouldn't piss in a condom for Max Bullough.

Speaking of pissing in a condom, when does the tradition of kissing the 50 yard line at Spartan Stadium begin?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 01/09/15, 04:46 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:Maybe he wouldn't piss in a condom for Max Bullough.

Speaking of pissing in a condom, when does the tradition of kissing the 50 yard line at Spartan Stadium begin?
Cousins started the tradition of Saluting the Spartan. I hope Cook does this his last game, too.

Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/09/15, 04:48 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Cousins started the tradition of Saluting the Spartan. I hope Cook does this his last game, too.

Sounds boring.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 01/09/15, 04:49 pm

Tanfan! wrote:Here is a guy that has lead them to come from behind victories in the Rose and Cotton and yet the players don't want him to be a captain. Weird.

If you started this thread on rcmb, how many downvotes? Lol

Legit question though. I think they like him a lot just they like the other 3 more.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 01/09/15, 05:04 pm

I think he probably just finished 4th in the voting.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/09/15, 05:06 pm

NigelUno wrote:I think he probably just finished 4th in the voting.

He was 85th, Nigel.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/09/15, 05:17 pm

Who would he replace?   We've got pretty strong Captains in my opinion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 01/09/15, 05:36 pm

Because 23-3 and cause don't rock boat
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 01/09/15, 05:47 pm

Andrew Maxwell was a captain.

Connor Cook is not a captain.

WTF???????
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 01/09/15, 06:45 pm

The only reason I'm sad about Cook not being named a Captain is because we miss out on some good pirate jokes.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 01/09/15, 06:56 pm

The_Dude wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:Here is a guy that has lead them to come from behind victories in the Rose and Cotton and yet the players don't want him to be a captain. Weird.

If you started this thread on rcmb, how many downvotes? Lol

Legit question though. I think they like him a lot just they like the other 3 more.

If you started it, it would break the downvote record.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 01/09/15, 07:00 pm

steveschneider wrote:Andrew Maxwell was a captain.

WTF???????

"Personally, I could consider it (the season) a success because the way I look at it, I'm lucky and blessed enough to still be playing this game at this level,'' Maxwell said during his Tuesday press conference.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 01/09/15, 07:06 pm

steveschneider wrote:Andrew Maxwell was a captain.

WTF???????

"Personally, I could consider it (the season) a success because the way I look at it, I'm lucky and blessed enough to still be playing this game at this level,'' Maxwell said during his Tuesday press conference.

The captain compass is upside down this year, and it was definitely upside down that year.

This is probably the biggest slight to Cook since he was benched in the 4th QTR vs. ND for Maxwell.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 01/09/15, 07:39 pm

Good thread, will read again...
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/09/15, 07:40 pm

Why don't you folks let Cook decide how he feels about not being captain.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 01/09/15, 08:01 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Why don't you folks let Cook decide how he feels about not being captain.

OK.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/01/michigan-state-qb-connor-cook-on-not-being-named-captain-it-stinks/
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 01/09/15, 08:03 pm

I spy a cross.

Hmmm. I had never heard him talk about it once unlike Cousins
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 01/09/15, 08:07 pm

“Absolutely no doubt in my mind he could have been a captain,” Harris said of Cook after Thursday’s final practice of preseason camp, and after learning teammates had voted him, fifth-year senior defensive end Shilique Calhoun and fifth-year senior center Jack Allen the 2015 captains. “If we had four captains, he could have been the fourth captain. He’s on the leadership council, he’s a leader, he’s the leader of the offense. He commands the huddle. Being the linebacker and being that close to them when they huddle up, you can tell his presence. And people feed off of him. He’s incredibly competitive out there, he gets the guys in the right places. And he has a fantastic command on this offense and this team.”
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/09/15, 08:18 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Why don't you folks let Cook decide how he feels about not being captain.

OK.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/01/michigan-state-qb-connor-cook-on-not-being-named-captain-it-stinks/

He does not seem as upset as the Internets.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 01/09/15, 08:29 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

OK.

I don't really give a fuck and I'm part of the Internets. Why do you think the players don't like cook enough to be a captain 2599972566
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/09/15, 08:30 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

I don't really give a fuck and I'm part of the Internets. Why do you think the players don't like cook enough to be a captain 2599972566

Clearly #Tanfan is outraged. Steve is a little upset, too.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 01/09/15, 09:05 pm

I wanted to be upset until I realized I wasn't chosen as the captain...again.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 01/09/15, 09:16 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

OK.

The headline was a good attention grabber though. Someone should start that on the RCMB
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next