Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surprise Military Reunions At NFL Games Reach Peak Bullshit

+2
InTenSity
Gomer
6 posters

Go down

Surprise Military Reunions At NFL Games Reach Peak Bullshit  Empty Re: Surprise Military Reunions At NFL Games Reach Peak Bullshit

Post by Gomer 2015-09-03, 09:48

Circuses and peanuts.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Surprise Military Reunions At NFL Games Reach Peak Bullshit  Empty Re: Surprise Military Reunions At NFL Games Reach Peak Bullshit

Post by InTenSity 2015-09-03, 09:59

I commented on this somewhere else. Pretty much saying that all these 'surprise' reunions are BS and getting old. This one does kind of take the cake though.

They should make it more real and hte next one should be a soldier that died. Surprise the family with the casket and get the real, raw emotions out there. Maybe then the US could see the cost of war, but I know that will never happen.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-09-03, 10:06

Keith Olbermann ripped the nfl for these. Turns out these reunions are paid for by the armed services (out tax dollars) as recruiting/marketing tools. The army pays thousands of dollars to wealthy nfl teams for these reunions and ceremonies during games. You watch these and think oh my god that's so cool of the NY jets to do that for the troops. Reality is the New York jets got paid to do that. Pretty insulting to us and those that served.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-03, 10:13

the first time or two I saw these, they were okay. It's pretty overplayed now... add that in to the corporate war machine and they're practically offensive to my sensibility.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-09-03, 10:13

Huh.

I would have thought ghost (of all people) would have a great appreciation for made up stories.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-09-03, 10:17

Fuck the nfl
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-09-03, 10:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the first time or two I saw these, they were okay. It's pretty overplayed now... add that in to the corporate war machine and they're practically offensive to my sensibility.

Yep, time to end these stupid wars. Bring the troops home.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down