Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody like alternative history books?

+3
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
The_Dude
7 posters

Go down

Anybody like alternative history books? Empty Anybody like alternative history books?

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-09, 11:42

Amazon is coming out with a tv series called The Man in the High Castle. It's a based on the best selling book that explored what life would be like in the USA if the Axis powers won the war.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Anybody like alternative history books? Empty Re: Anybody like alternative history books?

Post by Rocinante 2015-09-09, 11:51

I like the concept, but have not read any. I wouldn't mind some suggestions, as long as they are not thinly veiled anti liberal propaganda.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anybody like alternative history books? Empty Re: Anybody like alternative history books?

Post by Rocinante 2015-09-09, 11:51

btw, Amazon is killing it with new shows right now. Have you seen Hand of God?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-09-09, 11:54

Amazon is making fucking shows now?!

Had no idea. Any specifically good ones you can't miss?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-09, 11:55

I thought this would be about John U. Bacon's new book.

Anybody like alternative history books? 51OXJPqGd-L._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-09-09, 12:11

Bahaa, good one.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-09-09, 12:13

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Amazon is making fucking shows now?!

Had no idea. Any specifically good ones you can't miss?

I don't know about can't miss, but they've been making shows for a couple years now. If you have prime they're free, so I'd enjoy it while they are swimming in money. I'm sure they'll cut back in a few years. Hand of God is good, has Ron Pearlman, one of my all time favs and a bunch of other great actors. Check it out.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-09, 12:44

Rocinante wrote:I like the concept, but have not read any. I wouldn't mind some suggestions, as long as they are not thinly veiled anti liberal propaganda.

Fatherland, Axis of Time series, Stephen King has written some like 11/22/63...

Id pick a time period you are interested in and go from there. Lots of alternate books about the Civil War...one I read is called Dixie Victorious
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-04-09, 20:43

The_Dude wrote:Amazon is coming out with a tv series called The Man in the High Castle. It's a based on the best selling book that explored what life would be like in the USA if the Axis powers won the war.

I started watching this last night. It's pretty good. One of the ultimate "what ifs".
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-04-09, 21:25

I'm shocked that The Dude would like a TV series with this premise.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2016-04-09, 22:36

The_Dude wrote:Amazon is coming out with a tv series called The Man in the High Castle. It's a based on the best selling book that explored what life would be like in the USA if the Axis powers won the war.

Oh, what could have been......
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down