Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I had a Curb Your Enthusiasm Moment In The Grocery Store Today

+6
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Giant Moose
Rocinante
steveschneider
10 posters

Go down

I had a Curb Your Enthusiasm Moment In The Grocery Store Today Empty I had a Curb Your Enthusiasm Moment In The Grocery Store Today

Post by steveschneider Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 11:44

Went through the check out line, had the items rung up and then went to pay with my debit card with the 'credit card' option.

I signed with the stylus on the terminal screen and then to speed things up the cashier reached around and hit the green 'approved' button on the payment terminal. She had good intentions, the price was correct but I barked 'Hey, don't approve my transaction. This is my card, my money I don't want you authorizing my transaction.'. All of the cashiers looked over at me like I was a huge asshole, and she was like WTF?! I said ' you don't want me reaching over there putting in the price, I don't want you reaching over here as I input the payment'. As it was happening I could picture this as something that would happen to Larry David in an episode of Curb, but was I wrong? I felt like a huge schmuck when I left. It's my go to grocery store and I think things are going to be awkward there when I go back.

Last edited by steveschneider on Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 12:50; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

I had a Curb Your Enthusiasm Moment In The Grocery Store Today Empty Re: I had a Curb Your Enthusiasm Moment In The Grocery Store Today

Post by Rocinante Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 12:04

You should have stabbed her hand with the stylus.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I had a Curb Your Enthusiasm Moment In The Grocery Store Today Empty Re: I had a Curb Your Enthusiasm Moment In The Grocery Store Today

Post by Giant Moose Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 12:06

Are you going to dispute the charges with your bank?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 12:29

Giant Moose wrote:Are you going to dispute the charges with your bank?

Haha, no. She had good intentions the price was entered right and I wanted the items. I just disagreed with the protocol. . In hind sight I wish I hadn't done it, it's our go to grocery store and good grocery stores are rare in NYC. It isn't like a meijers where there's 50 checkout lanes, this place has 2 check out lanes. I'm going to be remembered and snickered at next time I go in there.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 12:41

steveschneider wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:Are you going to dispute the charges with your bank?

Haha, no. She had good intentions the price was entered right and I wanted the items. I just disagreed with the protocol. . In hind sight I wish I hadn't done it, it's our go to grocery store and good grocery stores are rare in NYC. It isn't like a meijers where there's 50 checkout lanes, this place has 2 check out lanes. I'm going to be remembered and snickered at next time I go in there.
This sounds like that episode where Jerry had to buy fruit for Kramer.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 12:44

I always draw stick people or a sailboat instead of signing.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 12:56

steveschneider wrote:Went through the check out line, had the items rung up and then went to pay with my debit card with the 'credit card' option.

I signed with the stylus on the terminal screen and then to speed things up the cashier reached around and hit the green 'approved' button on the payment terminal. She had good intentions, the price was correct but I barked 'Hey, don't approve my transaction. This is my card, my money I don't want you authorizing my transaction.'. All of the cashiers looked over at me like I was a huge asshole, and she was like WTF?! I said ' you don't want me reaching over there putting in the price, I don't want you reaching over here as I input the payment'. As it was happening I could picture this as something that would happen to Larry David in an episode of Curb, but was I wrong? I felt like a huge schmuck when I left. It's my go to grocery store and I think things are going to be awkward there when I go back.
You're completely fucked at that store.  Better find a new bodega.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 13:03

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Went through the check out line, had the items rung up and then went to pay with my debit card with the 'credit card' option.

You're completely fucked at that store.  Better find a new bodega.

Yeah, I've never been a fan but time to make the longer walk to the Wholefoods until the new Trader Joes opens up. Till then I'm fucked.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 13:11

How did the poor cashier react? I had a Curb Your Enthusiasm Moment In The Grocery Store Today 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 13:19

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:How did the poor cashier react? I had a Curb Your Enthusiasm Moment In The Grocery Store Today 502811600

Did you read the whole post? He banged her in the walk in beer cooler afterward.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 13:35

I wish there was a way for people to communicate to others that they feel bad about their own conduct and that they regret their choice of words and actions. That way, you could go right right up to a person and admit the transgressions, and then that person might offer an acceptance of the other person's admission.
Someone really oughta figure out a way to do that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 14:16

steveschneider wrote:I signed with the stylus on the terminal screen and then to speed things up the cashier reached around and hit the green 'approved' button on the payment terminal. She had good intentions, the price was correct but I barked 'Hey, don't approve my transaction. This is my card, my money I don't want you authorizing my transaction.'. All of the cashiers looked over at me like I was a huge asshole, and she was like WTF?! I said ' you don't want me reaching over there putting in the price, I don't want you reaching over here as I input the payment'. As it was happening I could picture this as something that would happen to Larry David in an episode of Curb, but was I wrong? I felt like a huge schmuck when I left. It's my go to grocery store and I think things are going to be awkward there when I go back.

steveschneider wrote:

unless it's your go to grocery store, I wouldn't worry about it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 14:18

they don't punch in the price. they just scan a bar code and the price automatically appears.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 14:20

AMwood wrote:they don't punch in the price. they just scan a bar code and the price automatically appears.

So no touchy? I thought we were all so touchy these days?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 14:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:How did the poor cashier react? I had a Curb Your Enthusiasm Moment In The Grocery Store Today 502811600

Acted like I was an idiot.

On principle though, I believe I'm right. It's my name on the card and I'm the purchaser. I felt like she over over stepped the line by taking control of my money and making the decision for me.

Our jobs in the transaction:

She creates the line item invoice

I choose the method of payment and authorize it.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 14:35

steveschneider wrote:

On principle though, I believe I'm right. It's my name on the card and I'm the purchaser. I felt like she over over stepped the line by taking control of my money and making the decision for me.

Go back there and tell her this. It's a teachable moment. Be sure to wag your finger a lot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 14:46

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Go back there and tell her this. It's a teachable moment. Be sure to wag your finger a lot.  

Just so you know, when you go that Trader Joe's, part of their job is to act like they are your best friend and chat you up. Part of your job is doing everything you can not to punch them in the face.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 15:07

tGreenWay wrote:I wish there was a way for people to communicate to others that they feel bad about their own conduct and that they regret their choice of words and actions. That way, you could go right right up to a person and admit the transgressions, and then that person might offer an acceptance of the other person's admission.
That's old thinking. If you want to be cool, you need to turn this idea into an app. There could even be a company that makes a lot of commonly used statements of regret that users could choose in their app. I guess the same company could make folded paper versions of those messages that could be sold at places like CVS. Maybe the paper version could have a nice picture on it or something and maybe leave some space inside the fold where the buyer could write something to personalize it.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 15:19

The appropriate thing to do is go to their Facebook page and write a very angry comment misusing the words their/there/they're repeatedly and throw in the words ain't, gots, and bieotttch.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 15:38

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Then fuck her in the beer cooler.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 15:44

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

We get no pics of the cashier or even a "I ended up banging her in the beer cooler" story. This thread could have been so much more.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 18:20

Code_Warrior wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I wish there was a way for people to communicate to others that they feel bad about their own conduct and that they regret their choice of words and actions. That way, you could go right right up to a person and admit the transgressions, and then that person might offer an acceptance of the other person's admission.
That's old thinking. If you want to be cool, you need to turn this idea into an app. There could even be a company that makes a lot of commonly used statements of regret that users could choose in their app. I guess the same company could make folded paper versions of those messages that could be sold at places like CVS. Maybe the paper version could have a nice picture on it or something and maybe leave some space inside the fold where the buyer could write something to personalize it.

I am blown away by your forward-thinking approach. It's truly breathtaking to witness this greatness at work.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 18:24

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Just so you know, when you go that Trader Joe's, part of their job is to act like they are your best friend and chat you up. Part of your job is doing everything you can not to punch them in the face.

I'll have to make sure the women cashiers know all of my female best friends give me bjs whenever I ask for one.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 18:30

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

With a 40 ouncer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down