Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Observations through first two weeks

+6
gomersbro
kingstonlake
DWags
Turtleneck
Death Roe
Vlad
10 posters

Go down

Observations through first two weeks Empty Observations through first two weeks

Post by Vlad 2015-09-13, 16:21

The good first:
1.  Both lines look as good as expected. The injury to Keiler is unfortunate, but hopefully the depth will hold up and we can remain healthy at the other positions.
2.  Receivers look good, as do the running backs.  Scott seems ready to take over the starting role although London is playing well too. Always good to have a 1-2 punch.
3.  The MS uniforms look excellent. I hope they bring them out more often the season.
4.  Very good to see the LBs' performance last night. They were absolutely flying to the ball!
5.  Hartbarger's leg. Damn!
6.  Price's hands seem to have gotten better.  Huge plus!

Now the bad...(hi Dwags!)
1. Return teams, obviously.
2. Cook is playing well, but not any better than last year. Still overthrowing a lot. Certainly not playing like a first rounder. Is it possible he's hit a ceiling?? (I'll still take him though.) :-)
3.  Injuries. Can't do anything about it, but man, too early in the season to be losing starters long term.
4.  Secondary needs some work, but there's talent there so...not worried.
5.  ESPN's post-game worship of V. Adams while barely mentioning MSU's performance.  Sure, it wasn't a dominating or classic performance, but our guys did what they needed to do. It deserved to be mentioned who was the better team last night.

That's about it. Thanks for listening to my shallow, non-value added observations.

Last edited by Vlad on 2015-09-13, 16:22; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Observations through first two weeks Empty Re: Observations through first two weeks

Post by Death Roe 2015-09-13, 16:21

No one cares.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Observations through first two weeks Empty Re: Observations through first two weeks

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-13, 16:42

We are full up on staff writers, but you're next man up if somebody sprains a finger.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-09-13, 16:49

Can sionebody condense those down for me to 1 good thing and one bad thing so I can read it?

TIA
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-09-13, 16:53

As opposed to what other two weeks? The second, third, tenth?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2015-09-13, 16:57

DWags wrote:Can sionebody condense those down for me to 1 good thing and one bad thing so I can read it?

TIA

Good: We won

Bad: Still need improvement
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-09-13, 16:58

Team plays jim tressel ball. Instead of delivering a tko punch they go three and out and melt the clock.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-09-13, 17:03

One thing that bugged me last night was shedding blockers after those swing passes to the sidelines. Seemed to get Oregon an extra 5-8 yards too often. Maybe Oregon is just that good at it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-09-13, 17:04

gomersbro wrote:
DWags wrote:Can sionebody condense those down for me to 1 good thing and one bad thing so I can read it?

TIA

You could be a coach
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-13, 17:09

Floyd Robertson wrote:One thing that bugged me last night was shedding blockers after those swing passes to the sidelines. Seemed to get Oregon an extra 5-8 yards too often. Maybe Oregon is just that good at it.

Good at blocking? Maybe I misunderstood, but Oregon is a great blocking team. People do not talk about it often, but you have to get off your blocks to beat Oregon. They are always a great blocking team.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-09-13, 17:14

Turtleneck wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:One thing that bugged me last night was shedding blockers after those swing passes to the sidelines. Seemed to get Oregon an extra 5-8 yards too often. Maybe Oregon is just that good at it.

Good at blocking? Maybe I misunderstood, but Oregon is a great blocking team. People do not talk about it often, but you have to get off your blocks to beat Oregon. They are always a great blocking team.

Last night was the first time I really paid attention to how good the Ducks are at it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-13, 17:22

Obviously any good offense has to block well, but Oregon is highly dependent on good blocking/has a much lower margin of error than most other teams. It's a point of emphasis for most of their opponents that you will need to get off blocks and take space away. For as much as people complain about their offense, they are so technically precise is some areas and fun to watch.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-09-13, 17:27

gomersbro wrote:

TIA

Crystal clear. Impressive.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-09-13, 17:35

We seemed to overrun a lot of plays, missing opportunities for both TFL and short gain stops.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-09-13, 18:21

Those types of offenses will always rack up the passing yards. Yeah, we could've done better getting off those open field blocks, but that's their MO.

Just gotta keep them out of the end zone, which we did (just enough).
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-09-13, 18:42

Just win baby!  
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down