Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CBS: RG3 and Kirk Cousins reportedly 'can't even be in the same room'

+10
tGreenWay
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
SpartyScotty
InTenSity
Giant Moose
StylesGShmooth
NigelUno
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Article CBS: RG3 and Kirk Cousins reportedly 'can't even be in the same room'

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 14:13

RG3 and Kirk Cousins reportedly 'can't even be in the same room'

"Simply put: they don't talk. They don't speak to each other, they don't communicate, they can't even be in the same room as each other because of the tension that exists between the two sides," Cole says.

"The problem here for RG3 is this is a reflection on him. It's a continuation of a pattern where he simply doesn't get along with teammates," Cole says. "He's had problems with offensive linemen in the past, he's had problems with coaching staffs in the past. In other words, he has isolated himself from the rest of the team. That, to many people within the Washington organization, is an indication of his lack of leadership ability and his ultimate inability to become the starting quarterback and hold that position."

I wasn't the biggest Cousins fan, but I really hope he does well so I never have to hear about RG3 again.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Article Re: CBS: RG3 and Kirk Cousins reportedly 'can't even be in the same room'

Post by Turtleneck Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 14:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:RG3 and Kirk Cousins reportedly 'can't even be in the same room'

"Simply put: they don't talk. They don't speak to each other, they don't communicate, they can't even be in the same room as each other because of the tension that exists between the two sides," Cole says.

"The problem here for RG3 is this is a reflection on him. It's a continuation of a pattern where he simply doesn't get along with teammates," Cole says. "He's had problems with offensive linemen in the past, he's had problems with coaching staffs in the past. In other words, he has isolated himself from the rest of the team. That, to many people within the Washington organization, is an indication of his lack of leadership ability and his ultimate inability to become the starting quarterback and hold that position."

I wasn't the biggest Cousins fan, but I really hope he does well so I never have to hear about RG3 again.

Can't wait for Bob to get a hold of this. Not sure you should have put that out there, OTPT.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Article Re: CBS: RG3 and Kirk Cousins reportedly 'can't even be in the same room'

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 14:17

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:RG3 and Kirk Cousins reportedly 'can't even be in the same room'

Can't wait for Bob to get a hold of this. Not sure you should have put that out there, OTPT.

I thought muff was the guy who had the crush on Kirk?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 14:19

They were sitting next to each other on the bench (at one point) in the 1st game.

And they would both be in the same room during QB sessions.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 14:29

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/rg3-doesnt-talk-to-kirk-cousins-rips-report-leadership-washington-redskins

Every story I've ever read has alway said they're great friends. When I saw them in Cleveland during the pre-season they certainly looked chummy. They're both super Christian and do a lot of charity work together too. I really question the validity of this anonymous source. Sounds similar to that 'O-lineman not picking him up is a sign' made up story last season.

I don't understand all the RG3 hate anyway. Dude was way overexposed due to all the hype that he deservedly got his rookie season and then never lived up to it again. Did he really do anything wrong?
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 14:39

StylesGShmooth wrote:I don't understand all the RG3 hate anyway. Dude was way overexposed due to all the hype that he deservedly got his rookie season and then never lived up to it again. Did he really do anything wrong?
Yeah, when he called himself the best QB in the league.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 14:48

StylesGShmooth wrote:http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/rg3-doesnt-talk-to-kirk-cousins-rips-report-leadership-washington-redskins

Every story I've ever read has alway said they're great friends. When I saw them in Cleveland during the pre-season they certainly looked chummy. They're both super Christian and do a lot of charity work together too. I really question the validity of this anonymous source. Sounds similar to that 'O-lineman not picking him up is a sign' made up story last season.

I don't understand all the RG3 hate anyway. Dude was way overexposed due to all the hype that he deservedly got his rookie season and then never lived up to it again. Did he really do anything wrong?
Isn't there basically a rift between the coaching staff and ownership? Coaches didn't want to go with RG3, but they were forced to by the owner? That's what I had heard over sports radio a few years ago.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 14:56

Giant Moose wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:I don't understand all the RG3 hate anyway. Dude was way overexposed due to all the hype that he deservedly got his rookie season and then never lived up to it again. Did he really do anything wrong?

Did you even see that interview or quote?

"I feel like I’m the best quarterback in the league and I have to go out and show that. Any athlete at any level, if they concede to someone else, they’re not a top competitor, they’re not trying to be the best that they can be. There’s guys in this league that have done way more than me. But I still view myself as the best because that’s what I work toward every single day"

But yeah, if you want to take that first line of a quote that wasn't intended that way, go ahead and run with it. BTW, what if he just simply said "I think I'm the best QB in the league"? Is that really a reason to villify someone? I mean, seriously. How many guys in the league think they're the best?
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartyScotty Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 14:57

Why not a Cousins fan? Strange shit for a Spartan to say.
SpartyScotty
SpartyScotty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 14:58

StylesGShmooth wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

"I feel like I’m the best quarterback in the league and I have to go out and show that.  Any athlete at any level, if they concede to someone else, they’re not a top competitor, they’re not trying to be the best that they can be. There’s guys in this league that have done way more than me. But I still view myself as the best because that’s what I work toward every single day"

But yeah, if you want to take that first line of a quote that wasn't intended that way, go ahead and run with it.  BTW, what if he just simply said "I think I'm the best QB in the league"?  Is that really a reason to villify someone?  I mean, seriously.  How many guys in the league think they're the best?
The DC media was relentless after he said that and it was his official downfall, so yeah he shouldn't have said that. I don't hate RG3, but I do wish that entire franchise ill-will until they stop using a racist name.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 14:59

InTenSity wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/rg3-doesnt-talk-to-kirk-cousins-rips-report-leadership-washington-redskins

Isn't there basically a rift between the coaching staff and ownership? Coaches didn't want to go with RG3, but they were forced to by the owner? That's what I had heard over sports radio a few years ago.

Shanahan didn't want to start him that 2nd season and for good reason. I actually liked Shanahan as Coach, thought he and his son did well. Just didn't sit RG3 when they should have and it seems like that was mostly out of their hands. Not taking him out in that playoff game against Seattle has sent the franchise on a tailspin ever sense. Don't know aobut a current riff, Gruden's not a fan and has benched him early and often.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartyScotty Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 14:59

Giant Moose wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:

"I feel like I’m the best quarterback in the league and I have to go out and show that.  Any athlete at any level, if they concede to someone else, they’re not a top competitor, they’re not trying to be the best that they can be. There’s guys in this league that have done way more than me. But I still view myself as the best because that’s what I work toward every single day"

But yeah, if you want to take that first line of a quote that wasn't intended that way, go ahead and run with it.  BTW, what if he just simply said "I think I'm the best QB in the league"?  Is that really a reason to villify someone?  I mean, seriously.  How many guys in the league think they're the best?
The DC media was relentless after he said that and it was his official downfall, so yeah he shouldn't have said that. I don't hate RG3, but I do wish that entire franchise ill-will until they stop using a racist name.

Let me guess, you're white. As a man of color I have no problem with the name Redskins.
SpartyScotty
SpartyScotty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 15:02

Giant Moose wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:

The injury was his primary downfall, but not being able to walk away from a microphone is certainly number 2. Gruden certainly hasn't helped. Square peg in a round hole much, Jay. I hope RG3 makes it somewhere down the road, certainly won't be with the Redskins. From every thing I've heard or read about him, he's a really good guy, kinda like Captain Kirk.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 15:10

I wasn't the biggest Cousins fan but I really hope he does well so I never have to hear about RG3 again.
Duffy is not going to like this. At all.

Be prepared.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 15:12

I'll continue to pray for them both.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartyScotty Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 15:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'll continue to pray for them both.

Asshole
SpartyScotty
SpartyScotty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 15:21

SpartyScotty wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Let me guess, you're white. As a man of color I have no problem with the name Redskins.

They should change it to the Washington Wetbacks.

At least that has alliteration.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 15:29

SpartyScotty wrote:

He was a solid QB overall, didn't really enjoy his religious stuff, or his choking in big games and spots. Notre Dame a few games, picks in the outback bowl including OT, @Iowa when we were undefeated, @Nebraska Halloween, etc, etc. 

Cook is my dude, but I obviously get why people like Cousins. Just like my opinion, man.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 15:56

StylesGShmooth wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

"I feel like I’m the best quarterback in the league and I have to go out and show that. Any athlete at any level, if they concede to someone else, they’re not a top competitor, they’re not trying to be the best that they can be. There’s guys in this league that have done way more than me. But I still view myself as the best because that’s what I work toward every single day"

But yeah, if you want to take that first line of a quote that wasn't intended that way, go ahead and run with it. BTW, what if he just simply said "I think I'm the best QB in the league"? Is that really a reason to villify someone? I mean, seriously. How many guys in the league think they're the best?

I'm indifferent toward RG3, no love, no hate, but that entire quote suggests to me he's an ass. It's one thing to think you're the best, but it's entirely another to say so publicly, especially in a game as team-oriented as football. even if he'd consistently delivered what all the hype said he'd do, it's still a team-first thing. Since his teams have never amounted to shit--there's no point in telling the world how great you are. People respect winners more.
It's like a JRN writing prof once told me: Show, don't tell.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 15:58

SpartyScotty wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'll continue to pray for them both.

Asshole

Hey new guy--go fuck yourself.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 16:03

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
SpartyScotty wrote:

He was a solid QB overall, didn't really enjoy his religious stuff, or his choking in big games and spots. Notre Dame a few games, picks in the outback bowl including OT, @Iowa when we were undefeated, @Nebraska Halloween, etc, etc. 

Cook is my dude, but I obviously get why people like Cousins. Just like my opinion, man.
I'm with you on the religious stuff, I let every Muslim I see know how much their 5 times a day praying to Mecca bothers me.  Join me in trying to tone down their religious stuff?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 16:07

LooseGoose wrote:

I'm with you on the religious stuff, I let every Muslim I see know how much their 5 times a day praying to Mecca bothers me.  Join me in trying to tone down their religious stuff?

Rolling Eyes 

Anyone can "pray" or talk to the sky however the fuck they want, guy. I PERSONALLY didn't like how Cousins inserted it into every quote or article. I didn't say he couldn't say, pray, or do whatever the fuck he wanted to do. Just like how I can say Cousins doesn't have shit on Cook. 

Why you so damned touchy, Loose?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 16:17

LooseGoose wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

Anyone can "pray" or talk to the sky however the fuck they want, guy. I PERSONALLY didn't like how Cousins inserted it into every quote or article. I didn't say he couldn't say, pray, or do whatever the fuck he wanted to do. Just like how I can say Cousins doesn't have shit on Cook. 

I didn't know that trying to join you in stamping out public displays of religion was being touchy.

The one that really gets me other than the Muslims are the baseball players all pointing to the sky after every hit.  Are we to believe the team that got fewer hits didn't have god on their side?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 16:28

LooseGoose wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

I didn't know that trying to join you in stamping out public displays of religion was being touchy.

The one that really gets me other than the Muslims are the baseball players all pointing to the sky after every hit.  Are we to believe the team that got fewer hits didn't have god on their side?

Attempting to stamp it out and not being a fan of religions and all the extras with it are two different things, no?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 16:39

LooseGoose wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

The only reason Notre Dame ever loses is because the head coach forgets his prayers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 16:47

Did anyone catch Aaron Rodgers saying it was God who helped the packers win last night? A clear sarcastic shot at Wilson. Fuckers pretty funny.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 16:48

LooseGoose wrote:

Attempting to stamp it out and not being a fan of religions and all the extras with it are two different things, no?
So we're just registering disapproval?   Shit.  Where's the fun in that?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 16:56

Word on the street is RG3 is a fraud in that respect. One of 97.1's radio donkies said it on air. Something about his actions while engaged didn't exactly back up the public image he tries to portray.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 17:33

At no time as a starter did RG3 give credit to his OLine.

"I can't say enough good things about the way our offensive line has played," Cousins said in the NFL.com report. "I feel like I could give you five reasons for us playing so well, and it'd be those five guys."

After yesterday's game that is what Cousins did.  Don't know if Cousins will be a long term NFL QB but he was a concensus builder at MSU and it appears he's doing the same thing in Washington.

According to many reports RG3 isn't liked by his teammates because of his propensityto throw them under the bus.  Other than Washington owner Dan Snyder you may be hard pressed to name someone in the organization RG3 does get along.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 17:43; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 17:37

DWags wrote:Did anyone catch Aaron Rodgers saying it was God who helped the packers win last night? A clear sarcastic shot at Wilson. Fuckers pretty funny.

Rodgers is an asshole and I love it. He want's to beat you by a lot and rub it in. The perfect NFL QB.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 18:06

Rocinante wrote:
DWags wrote:Did anyone catch Aaron Rodgers saying it was God who helped the packers win last night?  A clear sarcastic shot at Wilson.  Fuckers pretty funny.

Rodgers is an asshole and I love it.  He want's to beat you by a lot and rub it in. The perfect NFL QB.

I'm going to have to find a link to this. You guys would be worth a damn if you posted this already.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 18:07

Rocinante wrote:

Rodgers is an asshole and I love it.  He want's to beat you by a lot and rub it in. The perfect NFL QB.

I'm going to have to find a link to this. You guys would be worth a damn if you posted this already.

Aaron Rodgers: 'I think God was a Packers fan tonight'
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 18:44

Aaron Rodgers: 'I think God was a Packers fan tonight'

What, you couldn't just take my word for it?

Love Rodgers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 19:05

GRR Spartan wrote:At no time as a starter did RG3 give credit to his OLine.

"I can't say enough good things about the way our offensive line has played," Cousins said in the NFL.com report. "I feel like I could give you five reasons for us playing so well, and it'd be those five guys."

After yesterday's game that is what Cousins did.  Don't know if Cousins will be a long term NFL QB but he was a concensus builder at MSU and it appears he's doing the same thing in Washington.

According to many reports RG3 isn't liked by his teammates because of his propensityto throw them under the bus.  Other than Washington owner Dan Snyder you may be hard pressed to name someone in the organization RG3 does get along.

Probably because this is the first good game they've had in forever. He would've given them credit in the Lions game but he was too concussed to do so. Capatin Kirk wasn't singing their praises when he was getting destroyed last year either. Our line has been atrocious the last several years. RG3 has given them credit plenty of times though. It's just not a National story. You can see it in the post game show or on Redskins Sideline. And again, the last Redskins game I was at, Kirk & RG3 sure did seem to be getting along swimmingly and most guys that walked by dapped him up. I'm just going with that over all the stories that always seem to have unnamed sources, btw.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/rg3-gives-his-offensive-line-gifts-christmas-video
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 19:15

Rocinante wrote:
DWags wrote:Did anyone catch Aaron Rodgers saying it was God who helped the packers win last night?  A clear sarcastic shot at Wilson.  Fuckers pretty funny.

He's a facetious asshole.  I like that much better than two-faced assholes like Brady.  

Rodgers would probably be a lot of fun to have a beer with.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 19:44

tGreenWay wrote:
SpartyScotty wrote:

Asshole

Is he the guy that owes another poster a bunch of money?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 20:13

kingstonlake wrote:

Word on the street is RG3 is a fraud in that respect. One of 97.1's radio donkies said it on air. Something about his actions while engaged didn't exactly back up the public image he tries to portray.

What street is that? Whenever I'm on the street the people talk about stupid stuff like the weather, my dog, houses for sale, buying cottages, whatever. But I'm never around when they're talking about RG3 being a fraud.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 20:19

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

What street is that? Whenever I'm on the street the people talk about stupid stuff like the weather, my dog, houses for sale, buying cottages, whatever. But I'm never around when they're talking about RG3 being a fraud.

St Robert Street.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon 21 Sep 2015 - 20:30

I think there's some truth to this. Kirk is never in the same room as RG3 because RG3 is always in a room at the doctor's office because he gets injured if someone sneezes on him.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartyScotty Tue 22 Sep 2015 - 10:30

tGreenWay wrote:
SpartyScotty wrote:

Asshole

No need, your momma does that for me. And she loves my BBC.
SpartyScotty
SpartyScotty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next