Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DWags? Can you explain the wheel route to Tanfan?

+10
duffy munn
Notorious GiB
tanfan!
Gomer
steveschneider
WCS
Sponge Worthy
DWags
tTito
NigelUno
14 posters

Go down

DWags?  Can you explain the wheel route to Tanfan? Empty DWags? Can you explain the wheel route to Tanfan?

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-07, 09:59

I think he just threw that term out there because he heard it on TV one time.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

DWags?  Can you explain the wheel route to Tanfan? Empty Re: DWags? Can you explain the wheel route to Tanfan?

Post by tTito 2014-05-07, 10:02

Maybe gHost or Bob could help? They both seem like X's and O's guys.  DWags?  Can you explain the wheel route to Tanfan? 2599972566 
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

DWags?  Can you explain the wheel route to Tanfan? Empty Re: DWags? Can you explain the wheel route to Tanfan?

Post by DWags 2014-05-07, 10:06

NigelUno wrote:I think he just threw that term out there because he heard it on TV one time.

DWags?  Can you explain the wheel route to Tanfan? Images11
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy 2014-05-07, 16:24

It's what you run when your RB isn't a good downhill runner, I'm pretty sure..

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WCS 2014-05-07, 16:37

speaking of the wheel route, i've noticed that langford has had some success in the spring with this route...i also noticed that he scored on a couple of passes to him in the flats...i think one was a designed draw play and the other was a safety valve type play. all of those are considered wheel routes, right?!!!

we're going to exact the wheel route revenge this fall!!
WCS
WCS
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-07, 19:29

I just remember cousins missing capers for the win vs ND. later that drive the int. had end zone seats developed perfectly. Wide open. About a foot off. Ouch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-05-07, 21:16

The wheel route used to give me nightmares.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-05-07, 21:59

DWags?  Can you explain the wheel route to Tanfan? Funny-gifs-hut-hut-slam-dunk
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-05-07, 22:08

NigelUno wrote:I think he just threw that term out there because he heard it on TV one time.

2007. We couldn't cover it. Second play of the game against Minnesota. They ran the wheel route to the running back running down the sideline. Wide open for the td. They ran it again for a td in the 4 th quarter for a td. We couldn't cover it all season. One of the linebacker is supposed to cover the flat or the cb. Our cbs cover well now. I dunno. I think that might be correct. You tell me.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-07, 22:38

Tanfan! wrote:

2007. We couldn't cover it. Second play of the game against Minnesota. They ran the wheel route to the running back running down the sideline. Wide open for the td. They ran it again for a td in the 4 th quarter for a td. We couldn't cover it all season. One of the linebacker is supposed to cover the flat or the cb. Our cbs cover well now. I dunno. I think that might be correct. You tell me.

Depends. If they come out 2 by 2 with one running back it's an LB Usually. If we're in our typical 4-3 over G cover 4 we might actually run a switch depending on the WR route. There's way more to it then that but I'm on my phone.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WCS 2014-05-07, 23:40

How about that run by #12 towards the end of the Michigan game that set up Langdons touch down? That was a wheel route, right?
WCS
WCS
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious GiB 2014-05-07, 23:53

Gomer wrote:DWags?  Can you explain the wheel route to Tanfan? Funny-gifs-hut-hut-slam-dunk

Holy fucking shit that is awesome where did you find that?
Notorious GiB
Notorious GiB
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-07, 23:58

Tanfan! wrote:

We didn't play Minnesota in 2007.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-05-08, 00:14

NigelUno wrote:

We didn't play Minnesota in 2007.

DWags?  Can you explain the wheel route to Tanfan? 4198636888 
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-05-08, 00:15

Gomer wrote:DWags?  Can you explain the wheel route to Tanfan? Funny-gifs-hut-hut-slam-dunk
Notorious GiB wrote:

It looks like senorgif.com to me.

DWags?  Can you explain the wheel route to Tanfan? 1165525128 
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 2014-05-08, 00:33

Notorious GiB wrote:

2007 Minnesota game. They ran it to start the 4th period too.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-05-08, 06:02

The worst part of that 2007 Minnesota game was when Mark Dell and Andrew Maxwell got into it on the sidelines. JLS had to step in and that's when he had his post game heart attack. It was then that we knew we had to fire both roushar and Leyland.

Damn that was a rough season. F UCK YOU WHEEL ROUTE
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-08, 08:20

Was it over when the Gophers bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Gophers?

Forget it, he's rolling.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Coyote 2014-05-08, 08:57

The wheel route is the most impossible route to defend of all time. By that, I mean that it is impossible to defend, it can not be defended, or in other words, no defense is capable of covering it. I remember during the wonderful Rich Rod years when Michigan beat Illinois in OT like 67-65. I think about 5 TDs - 3 for Illinois and 2 for Michigan - came off of wheel routes. They both knew they were coming, neither could defend it.

Now, I'm relying on you guys to keep this hush, hush, as people outside coaching circles aren't supposed to know about this. But we secretly have a pact that allows you to run a wheel route every certain number of plays on average in game, and only a certain number of wheel routes per season. The reason coaches get fired so quickly in today's game isn't because of the lack of success on the field directly, it's because they get desperate and start going to the wheel route a prohibitive amount.

Like the alley-oop in basketball, it's simply a play that can't be defended so players and coaches had to agree to limit how much you could run it.
Space Coyote
Space Coyote
Perioikos

http://breakdownsport.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-05-08, 12:40

tVargman Prime wrote:speaking of the wheel route, i've noticed that langford has had some success in the spring with this route...i also noticed that he scored on a couple of passes to him in the flats...i think one was a designed draw play and the other was a safety valve type play. all of those are considered wheel routes, right?!!!

we're going to exact the wheel route revenge this fall!!
Langford also had enough success on one wheel route in the BTCG that Shazier had to take a bit of a cheap shot to prevent a touchdown.

(Not whining about the cheap shot, just saying)
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down