Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we get a new kicker now please?

+18
pulling69
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
CORNER BLITZ
Dendrobates
aualum06
tanfan!
Death Roe
TheReal_LWS
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Blanch32
kingstonlake
The Pantry
tig ol bitties
Giant Moose
Turtleneck
Dr. Strangelove
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Can we get a new kicker now please? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we get a new kicker now please?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-28, 20:21

And even if that was true- he missed both by a hair. We’re not talking about a guy that missed by 10 yards. Any amount of calibration to that, any amount, and he makes those. Settle down Kingston.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Can we get a new kicker now please? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can we get a new kicker now please?

Post by DWags 2017-10-28, 20:38

Please don’t kick it to Barcley next week
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-28, 20:39

DWags wrote:Please don’t kick it to Barcley next week

Agreed. Kick it to Barkley instead.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-28, 20:41

I'm fine Travis. You said he played fine. He didn't. It's ok to say it. He missed two of three field goals. You said he played fine. And you made that up. Because missing two of three field goals isn't "fine play". It's actually bad. Maybe you're confusing baseball and football where getting a hit once every three at bats is actually pretty good. If that's the case no worries.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-28, 21:31

Floyd Robertson wrote:Dude was 7/9 before hitting upright twice in a row.

Wally Pipp hit .295 and finished 14th in the MVP vote in 1924.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-28, 21:42

kingstonlake wrote:I'm fine Travis. You said he played fine. He didn't. It's ok to say it. He missed two of three field goals. You said he played fine. And you made that up. Because missing two of three field goals isn't "fine play". It's actually bad. Maybe you're confusing baseball and football where getting a hit once every three at bats is actually pretty good. If that's the case no worries.

He’s a freshman who going in we knew nothing about. He had solid kicks on both field goals that were missed. One was long, I don’t remember how far the second one was.

If the premise is “kickers are kickers and they don’t get any better” than I’d agree with you. But that’s utter idiocy so I don’t agree with you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-10-28, 21:54

Still college and I will never be critical of missing a 51 yard kick when it was wide by inches but FG's at 32 yards are attempts coaches and fans expect to be made.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-28, 21:59

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I'm fine Travis. You said he played fine. He didn't. It's ok to say it. He missed two of three field goals. You said he played fine. And you made that up. Because missing two of three field goals isn't "fine play". It's actually bad. Maybe you're confusing baseball and football where getting a hit once every three at bats is actually pretty good. If that's the case no worries.

He’s a freshman who going in we knew nothing about. He had solid kicks on both field goals that were missed. One was long, I don’t remember how far the second one was.

If the premise is “kickers are kickers and they don’t get any better” than I’d agree with you. But that’s utter idiocy so I don’t agree with you.

Oh, good he hit the missed field goals hard. Are they giving points for that now. He didn't play fine. It's ok to say it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-28, 22:03

look, I guess what I’m getting at is that lately we had Geiger missing them by 5 yards. Kids a freshman. Hit the post on one long kick and one he should have made. It’s not insane to think that he might turn out to be just fine. But you can’t be too reactionary to something like that, that’s how a kickers head gets all messed up. It’s kinda like hitting a golf drive, just don’t think about it and go out there and do it. (Except six inches the other way and we’re not even talking about it.)

Also note- I didn’t say “he had a good game” I said “omg our kicker succczzzzzz” is a really stupid take. Phenomenally stupid.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-28, 22:12

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:look, I guess what I’m getting at is that lately we had Geiger missing them by 5 yards. Kids a freshman. Hit the post on one long kick and one he should have made. It’s not insane to think that he might turn out to be just fine. But you can’t be too reactionary to something like that, that’s how a kickers head gets all messed up. It’s kinda like hitting a golf drive, just don’t think about it and go out there and do it. (Except six inches the other way and we’re not even talking about it.)

Also note- I didn’t say “he had a good game” I said “omg our kicker succczzzzzz” is a really stupid take. Phenomenally stupid.

Nobody is saying he won't be fine or sucks. You said he played fine. I don't feel he did. And I'd bet he'd tell you the same (yes I made that up)
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-28, 22:15

kingstonlake wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:look, I guess what I’m getting at is that lately we had Geiger missing them by 5 yards. Kids a freshman. Hit the post on one long kick and one he should have made. It’s not insane to think that he might turn out to be just fine. But you can’t be too reactionary to something like that, that’s how a kickers head gets all messed up. It’s kinda like hitting a golf drive, just don’t think about it and go out there and do it. (Except six inches the other way and we’re not even talking about it.)

Nobody is saying he won't be fine or sucks. You said he played fine. I don't feel he did. And I'd bet he'd tell you the same (yes I made that up)

The thread is called “can we get a new kicker please” and the post that I responded to says “he’s on watch.”

So. I mean. K.

Whatever man. We’ll know if we have a problem with the kicker soon enough cause basically shit ain’t gonna change for 3 more years anyway. But, I’m pretty confident that we’re all gonna look back and say “hey that kids pretty good” and you’re going to be like “grab my bad I’m an idiot who knows nothing about kickers.”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-28, 22:20

kingstonlake wrote:

The thread is called “can we get a new kicker please” and the post that I responded to says “he’s on watch.”

So. I mean. K.

Whatever man. We’ll know if we have a problem with the kicker soon enough cause basically shit ain’t gonna change for 3 more years anyway. But, I’m pretty confident that we’re all gonna look back and say “hey that kids pretty good” and you’re going to be like “grab my bad I’m an idiot who knows nothing about kickers.”

No, idiocy would be to conclude I think he sucks for saying he didn't play well today. And you made it up that I think he's going to be a bad kicker. Tighten up.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-28, 22:22

kingstonlake wrote:

So. I mean. K.

No, idiocy would be to conclude I think he sucks for saying he didn't play well today. And you made it up that I think he's going to be a bad kicker. Tighten up.

The thread is literally called that Kingston. And the post literally suggested that he might need to be replaced. And that’s what I was responding to originally.

Would it make you feel better if I said he had a bad game? Would you feel soothed like a soft breeze upon your bosom?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-28, 22:25

kingstonlake wrote:

That doesn’t make any sense. Tighten up Kingston.

For real though he was a hair off on those two, one of which was from what 47? We’re gonna be fine at kicker for three years, which is nice since I didn’t trust the guy at all until today oddly enough.

There were plenty of freshman that played "fine". He wasnt one of them. The kicker position is probably the one that requires the least amount of growth on the field. You're pretty much athletically ready when you step on campus. There's no coverage schemes to learn, routes to learn, plays to learn, etc. Kick ball straight. End of story. He didn't play well. It's ok to say it.

Also you posted this so yeah you sorta did say that he wasn’t going to be good if your take is that he isn’t good today (this post was insanely stupid. So you know, you can just say that. It was a bad post. It happens.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-28, 22:27

kingstonlake wrote:

The thread is literally called that Kingston. And the post literally suggested that he might need to be replaced. And that’s what I was responding to originally.

Would it make you feel better if I said he had a bad game? Would you feel soothed like a soft breeze upon your bosom?

I responded to you post saying he played fine today. I didn't respond to the title of the thread. Tighten up Travis. Messaging boarding isn't that hard. Above my original post shows a quote. They generally means I'm responding to that quote. It's not hard dude. He didn't play well today. It's ok to say it. Now please remember that I'm not saying, nor did I ever say, that good career will be sub par. It's ok to be wrong. Don't get wound up about it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-28, 22:29

Your takes on kickers are very stupid Kingston.

Very very stupid.

But if all you’re suddenly looking for is “he didn’t play well today.” Then fine. He didn’t play well today. Neat. Glad we hashed that out. I’m out on this because we’re just going to go in circles. Love love.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-28, 22:31

kingstonlake wrote:

There were plenty of freshman that played "fine". He wasnt one of them. The kicker position is probably the one that requires the least amount of growth on the field. You're pretty much athletically ready when you step on campus. There's no coverage schemes to learn, routes to learn, plays to learn, etc. Kick ball straight. End of story. He didn't play well. It's ok to say it.

Also you posted this so yeah you sorta did say that he wasn’t going to be good if your take is that he isn’t good today (this post was insanely stupid. So you know, you can just say that. It was a bad post. It happens.)

Only a complete slow boat thinks the above post somehow says he will have a bad career. Do you understand the difference between a bad game and a bad career? He didn't have a fine game. It's ok to say it. And even if he was the most prepared, gifted, and NFL ready kicker on the planet, he can still have a sub par game. It's ok to be wrong Blan.....errr Travis.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-28, 22:34

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Your takes on kickers are very stupid Kingston.

Very very stupid.

But if all you’re suddenly looking for is “he didn’t play well today.” Then fine. He didn’t play well today. Neat. Glad we hashed that out. I’m out on this because we’re just going to go in circles. Love love.

I'm not looking for anything, lol. I just disagreed with your assertion that her played fine today.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-28, 22:35

kingstonlake wrote:

Only a complete slow boat thinks the above post somehow says he will have a bad career. Do you understand the difference between a bad game and a bad career? He didn't have a fine game. It's ok to say it. And even if he was the most prepared, gifted, and NFL ready kicker on the planet, he can still have a sub par game. It's ok to be wrong Blan.....errr Travis.

Goddamn it Kingston fine I’m in for one last post. The question is, do you realize that one bad game doesn’t make a bad career? You seem to imply that they’re athletically ready when they arrive on campus (on account of that being verbatim) which is simply not the case. I never said any of that.

Don’t go throwing stones big guy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-28, 22:42

kingstonlake wrote:

Goddamn it Kingston fine I’m in for one last post. The question is, do you realize that one bad game doesn’t make a bad career? You seem to imply that they’re athletically ready when they arrive on campus (on account of that being verbatim) which is simply not the case. I never said any of that.

Yeah, I've only said it like 10 times. I'm not throwing stones. Just because you're getting pummeled doesn't mean you're getting stones thrown at you, lol. You said he played fine, he didn't. It's ok to say it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-28, 22:44

kingstonlake wrote:

Yeah, I've only said it like 10 times. I'm not throwing stones. Just because you're getting pummeled doesn't mean you're getting stones thrown at you, lol. You said he played fine, he didn't. It's ok to say it.

You lost here Kingston. Sorry man. You know you did since “I won lol” is all you got left.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-28, 22:46

kingstonlake wrote:

You lost here Kingston. Sorry man. You know you did since “I won lol” is all you got left.

I didn't say I won. I said he didn't play fine when you said he did. It's ok. There's only one guy claiming victory here (it's in bold)
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-28, 22:49

How many beers deep are you Kingston?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-28, 22:51

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:How many beers deep are you Kingston?

Whaght?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-04, 19:13

DEAR KINGSTON SUCK MY FUCKING COCK LOVE TRAVIS
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-11-04, 19:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:DEAR KINGSTON SUCK MY FUCKING COCK LOVE TRAVIS

Coghlin had a good game today Travis, its ok to say it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-04, 19:41

DEAR KINGSTON EAT MY SHIT WOOOOOOOOO
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-11-04, 19:47

He played just fine, Travis.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-04, 19:56

KINGSTON WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-11-04, 20:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:KINGSTON WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Travis, its ok. Coghlin delivered in the clutch today, and played great. It however does not absolve you of your idiocy last week. Sadly bumping this thread only proves your desperation and inability to let it go. Just celebrate this fantastic win, its awesome! Let go man, let go. Can we get a new kicker now please? - Page 2 969504605
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-04, 20:18

kingstonlake wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:KINGSTON WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Travis, its ok. Coghlin delivered in the clutch today, and played great. It however does not absolve you of your idiocy last week. Sadly bumping this thread only proves your desperation and inability to let it go. Just celebrate this fantastic win, its awesome! Let go man, let go. Can we get a new kicker now please? - Page 2 969504605

You were silly wrong last week and that’s okay because I still forgive you for masturbating today
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-11-04, 20:46

kingstonlake wrote:

You were silly wrong last week and that’s okay because I still forgive you for masturbating today

Travis, you were wrong last week. It's ok, it happens. Just don't make the mistake of doubling down on stupidity. Thats not ok.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-04, 21:07

Hey Kingston, I want you to jerk off next week thinking about how you wish you could be as right as me
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-11-04, 21:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Hey Kingston, I want you to jerk off next week thinking about how you wish you could be as right as me

Yeah, anybody who thinks a kicker played fine missing two of three field goals including a 32 yarder is right. lol. It's ok to be wrong Travis. There's no fine or account suspension if you are. If you ask nicely I'll dump it on your face next Saturday morning while you study the art of kicking field goals.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-04, 21:21

I didn’t read your post Kingston cause I’m drunk and it’s prolly stupid but wwooooooooooooo!!!!!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-11-04, 21:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I didn’t read your post Kingston cause I’m drunk and it’s prolly stupid but wwooooooooooooo!!!!!!

lol! How many beers deep are you?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-11-04, 21:35

Well Meeeenysoda is toast
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-04, 21:38

Several Kingston woooooooooooo
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-25, 16:57

Kingston lake I just want you to know that our kicker is 6-6 since you went on your insane shit fit.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-25, 16:59

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Kingston lake I just want you to know that our kicker is 6-6 since you went on your insane shit fit.

This isn't the soccer thread Travis.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next