Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Boilers Go Down Game thread

+23
DWags
GRR Spartan
The_Dude
tig ol bitties
Rocinante
Blanch32
WhiteGreenShow
The Pantry
gomersbro
Code_Warrior
Turtleneck
I.B. Fine
Wally Fairway
Keith Stone
WhiteBoyHatcher
SpartanInNH
tTy
Dr. Strangelove
Giant Moose
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
27 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

tOfficial Boilers Go Down Game thread - Page 6 Empty Re: tOfficial Boilers Go Down Game thread

Post by Turtleneck 2015-10-03, 15:11

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:Let the meltdown begin!!

You were one of dorks melting down
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Boilers Go Down Game thread - Page 6 Empty Re: tOfficial Boilers Go Down Game thread

Post by Wally Fairway 2015-10-03, 15:13

gHost Spartan wrote:We're going to lose this fucking game. Holy shit.
Not even close.

We're #2
We're #2
We're #2

We're #2
We're #2
We're #2

We're #2
We're #2
We're #2

We're #2
We're #2
We're #2

Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-10-03, 15:14

Remember that first quarter? That was a lot of fun.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-10-03, 15:15

There was improvement in the running game. I think the RBs are starting to develop. I wasn't happy with the D in the 2nd half. Injuries definitely making an impact.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-03, 15:19

Plate of Shrimp wrote:24-21... embarrassing score, considering they basically had a 21 point lead in the 1st quarter of the game.

Piss and moan if you must. If you didn't expect a less than stellar running game after losing RT Kieler, then LT Conklin, today LT Finley and MSU has their All Big Ten center playing LT, I want some of what you're drinking.

Today was supposed to be about adjusting to the new normal and with Finley gone next week is another project week.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-10-03, 15:22

gHost Spartan wrote:Be honest - MSU is not the #2 team in the nation. Top 10 but not #2. TCU deserves the #2 spot.
I think an argument could be made that MSU is not even the #2 team in the Big Ten. Northwestern and Ohio State could be better. But we have dealt with injuries, have good coaching, and could get things together.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-03, 15:23

gHost Spartan wrote:We're going to lose this fucking game. Holy shit.

Incorrect.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-10-03, 15:24

Giant Moose wrote:Remember that first quarter? That was a lot of fun.
I agree. We should do that every quarter.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-03, 15:25

gHost Spartan wrote:

Be honest - MSU is not the #2 team in the nation. Top 10 but not #2. TCU deserves the #2 spot.

Yeah...I guess you missed last week when TCU needed a miracle to win?  tOfficial Boilers Go Down Game thread - Page 6 502811600

Last edited by NigelUno on 2015-10-03, 15:25; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2015-10-03, 15:25

gHost Spartan wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:
Not even close.

We're #2
We're #2
We're #2

We're #2
We're #2
We're #2

We're #2
We're #2
We're #2

We're #2
We're #2
We're #2

Be honest - MSU is not the #2 team in the nation. Top 10 but not #2. TCU deserves the #2 spot.

I've been saying that; but I now am bending to the peer pressure that is being applied on this (and other) message board to support the winning team. A team that has won 4 bowl games in a row, and has more wins in the last 2 years than anyone not named OSU or FSU.
Peer pressure is a hateful pressure, next thing you know I will be using heroin, hookers and killing baby seals.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-03, 15:29

gHost Spartan wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
I think an argument could be made that MSU is not even the #2 team in the Big Ten. Northwestern and Ohio State could be better. But we have dealt with injuries, have good coaching, and could get things together.

Northwestern looks good, so does Iowa, and so does Michigan. As I've said before, there are no gimmies now that conference play has started. This is going to be a long season, especially with our secondary.

Those 3 are pretenders.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-10-03, 15:29

lets overlook Maryland and talk about UM's D
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-03, 15:32

Turtleneck wrote:lets overlook Maryland and talk about UM's D

We'll shred that Potemkin Village.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-03, 15:32

LooseGoose wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

Northwestern looks good, so does Iowa, and so does Michigan. As I've said before, there are no gimmies now that conference play has started. This is going to be a long season, especially with our secondary.

Those 3 are pretenders.

Wisconsin gave Iowa that game, and Michigan didn't look very good in the 1st Half.

Even if Nortwestern and Iowa look good (and are not gimmies), we don't play them.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-03, 15:35

GRR Spartan wrote:
Plate of Shrimp wrote:24-21... embarrassing score, considering they basically had a 21 point lead in the 1st quarter of the game.

Piss and moan if you must. If you didn't expect a less than stellar running game after losing RT Kieler, then LT Conklin, today LT Finley and MSU has their All Big Ten center playing LT, I want some of what you're drinking.

Today was supposed to be about adjusting to the new normal and with Finley gone next week is another project week.

267 yards rushing... running game and the OL is not the problem, straw man.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2015-10-03, 15:39

gHost Spartan wrote:Keep in mind games like today I think can be good for a young team but God dammit we need to put some of these shitty teams away. Purdue fucking lost at home to a MAC team last weekend, we should have obliterated them by at least 20 points.

Keep in mind that you and I both remember when under Johnelle, Booby, $t Nick, George Ribs Perles, Muddy Darryl & Denny that MSU would lose games like this.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-10-03, 15:40

"Our thoughts and our prayers are with Dennis Finley, he's in surgery right now, so obviously he's out for the season, he has a broken leg." - Dantonio post-game.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-03, 15:40

gHost Spartan wrote:
Plate of Shrimp wrote:

267 yards rushing... running game and the OL is not the problem, straw man.

I thought it was 282 yards rushing? Either way, I get that it was raining but we barely passed at all in the second half. Why?

Probably, The ESPN stats may have attributed the punt muff to a man named "Team" who had 4 carries for -34.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400763531
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-03, 16:01

tig ol bitties wrote:serious question:

If the polls came out for the first time this week, where would we be ranked?

Top 20? maybe?

I'd put us at 10 or about there
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-03, 16:12

gHost Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'd put us at 10 or about there

Yup. I was thinking around #8.

Who's your Top 10 ghost?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-03, 16:13

Graham Couch ‏@Graham_Couch 25m25 minutes ago
Dennis Finley out for the season. Broke his leg. Two breaks. In surgery right now.

Joe Rexrode ‏@joerexrode 25m25 minutes ago East Lansing, MI
Dantonio announces Dennis Finley broke his tibia and fibula, done for the season. In surgery now.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-10-03, 16:17

What's the point of shitting on our team on a message board? Are you hoping to say "See, I was right!!!" if we lose?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-03, 16:22

Tim Wakefield wrote:What's the point of shitting on our team on a message board? Are you hoping to say "See, I was right!!!" if we lose?

Yes. Pretty sure that's exactly the point.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-03, 16:25

yes I watched the game. Miserable conditions and the rushing statistic was impressive.

Ever consider the lack of passing this week was two fold? Decision to grind it out on the ground and effective pass blocking isn't as easy as some think it is. New faces and old face playing a new position.

I have ben around long enough to see MSU teams coached by Rogers, Muddy, George, $ababn, BW and JLS face similar circumstances and lose.

Nothing has changed from Week 1. MSU has to run the table to be in the 4 team playoff. It's still Just win baby.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2015-10-03, 18:45

Tim Wakefield wrote:What's the point of shitting on our team on a message board? Are you hoping to say "See, I was right!!!" if we lose?

What is the point of doing anything on a message board?
Do you think that players or coaches read THIS board?

A place on the internet to discuss MSU sports, bourbon, and cigars, tell made up stories and generally act like an idiot when no one is watching.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-10-03, 18:57

Turtleneck wrote:lets overlook Maryland and talk about UM's D

And let's just look like way past Rutgers, the team we actually play next week
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-03, 21:40

gHost Spartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Rutgers is fucking awful.

We're gonna fucking CRUSH Rutgers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-03, 21:46

gHost Spartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Rutgers is fucking awful.

Didn't you say Arizona State was awful?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-03, 21:47

tOfficial Boilers Go Down Game thread - Page 6 1966794946
I actually bet on UCLA based on nothing other than the fact that gHost said ASU was "fucking awful". gHost you owe me $55!
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-03, 21:56

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:tOfficial Boilers Go Down Game thread - Page 6 1966794946
I actually bet on UCLA based on nothing other than the fact that gHost said ASU was "fucking awful". gHost you owe me $55!

Lots of time left.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-10-04, 10:08

Wally Fairway wrote:

What is the point of doing anything on a message board?
Do you think that players or coaches read THIS board?

A place on the internet to discuss MSU sports, bourbon, and cigars, tell made up stories and generally act like an idiot when no one is watching.

Well, I got that down.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-10-04, 10:10

tOfficial Boilers Go Down Game thread - Page 6 502811600
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-10-04, 10:11

I was a Spartan fan way back in the 80s pre Perles. It taught me to appreciate each and every win.

Go Green!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2015-10-04, 11:05

let me get this straight, you actually took advice from someone who posts stories about taking food from retarded kids; that is one of the funniest things I've read on this board.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2015-10-04, 12:59

15 undefeated teams in the Power 5 (plus ND)....MSU is one of those.

Green & White controlling their own destiny, just win each of the next 8 games and bingo - playing on NYE.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6