Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A there and back football game

+4
GRR Spartan
Ass Dan
CORNER BLITZ
Rod Porkmore
8 posters

Go down

A there and back football game Empty A there and back football game

Post by DWags 2015-10-03, 07:58

How many of you have done this? No tailgate just drive up and back. Drive, park, game, bite to eat with kid after, home. I'm only 80 minutes away so no big deal, but I'm worried I'm becoming very boring.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A there and back football game Empty Re: A there and back football game

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-03, 08:14

2 big games on TV later. People are going to get very wet in Athens and Clemson.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rod Porkmore 2015-10-03, 08:22

DWags wrote:How many of you have done this? No tailgate just drive up and back. Drive, park, game, bite to eat with kid after, home. I'm only 80 minutes away so no big deal, but I'm worried I'm becoming very boring.

I've done it quite often and have about the same amount of travel time as you do. Sometimes you just want to go to a game. I can't hate that, at least you're there.
Rod Porkmore
Rod Porkmore
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-10-03, 08:24

Did it for the Rose Bowl
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-03, 08:30

Rod Porkmore wrote:
DWags wrote:How many of you have done this? No tailgate just drive up and back. Drive, park, game, bite to eat with kid after, home. I'm only 80 minutes away so no big deal, but I'm worried I'm becoming very boring.

I've done it quite often and have about the same amount of travel time as you do. Sometimes you just want to go to a game. I can't hate that, at least you're there.

In the past I've stayed home and given my tickets to friends. Now that the kids up there I'll probably be doing it frequently.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-03, 08:47

Yes, you're becoming a boring old fart.

Buy a battle flag and fly it proudly during the drive, never know what excitement that might add to your day.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-10-03, 09:10

Done it many times. Not as fun but you still get to watch msu football, so that's pretty cool
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-03, 09:23

DWags wrote:
Rod Porkmore wrote:

In the past I've stayed home and given my tickets to friends. Now that the kids up there I'll probably be doing it frequently.

Do something you normally wouldn't do. Go to Kellogg for breakfast, and just hang out in the bar (well...you probably do that). Go to that weird museum. Just walk around north campus.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-03, 09:41

Hate to tell you but you became boring about the time your oldest became a middle schooler and your activities started to be planned around her activities.

That's buried in the parent book.  
Chapter 11: paragraph 24: line 4  under when you think you get your life back.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-10-03, 09:52

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Do something you normally wouldn't do. Go to Kellogg for breakfast, and just hang out in the bar (well...you probably do that). Go to that weird museum. Just walk around north campus.

Will do. Friend has a permanent tailgate in im lot corner directly across from Sparty. I'm there now. One or two bloidies then in early to watch dancers. Bite to eat after then home
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-10-03, 09:54

I'm slightly closer, maybe an hour drive for me, but I've never done anything else. I don't go to very many games, maybe one every few years, but tailgating has never been part of the plan. I don't mind it, but it seems like a lot of extra work just to have a tailgate by yourself, just for your family. I guess I'd feel differently if I went to every home game and had a regular bunch of people up there that always meet up.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-03, 10:04

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Will do. Friend has a permanent tailgate in im lot corner directly across from Sparty. I'm there now. One or two bloidies then in early to watch dancers. Bite to eat after then home

Thinking about jumping in the car and heading out to Athens or Clemson. But, the Weather Channel is hanging out in both spots...that can't be good.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-10-03, 10:43

I have noticed this, too. I think you need to streak the field in your Spartan Swill hat.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down