Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting look back at the BT championship game and the BT Championship game if we didn't have divisions.

+3
aualum06
AvgMSUJoe
DWags
7 posters

Go down

Interesting look back at the BT championship game and the BT Championship game if we didn't have divisions. Empty Interesting look back at the BT championship game and the BT Championship game if we didn't have divisions.

Post by DWags 2022-05-23, 22:02

We still would have been in all three.

[tw]1528828613000192000?s=20&t=z4Q1PydZDivLMLwMuJB-tQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Interesting look back at the BT championship game and the BT Championship game if we didn't have divisions. Empty Re: Interesting look back at the BT championship game and the BT Championship game if we didn't have divisions.

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-05-24, 06:17

If there were no divisions then all the teams would have had different schedules and most years would have been different.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Interesting look back at the BT championship game and the BT Championship game if we didn't have divisions. Empty Re: Interesting look back at the BT championship game and the BT Championship game if we didn't have divisions.

Post by aualum06 2022-05-24, 06:52

They screwed up when they went east and west.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-05-24, 07:11

aualum06 wrote:They screwed up when they went east and west.
I disagree. You can’t try to make the divisions equal in strength because it’s always going to be fluid. When I was at MSU Wisconsin and Iowa were doormats. They’ve both been pretty good over the last 30 years. Ohio State is always going to be good and getting rid of divisions makes it easier for them to be in the Championship game. Now they can finish second and get in.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-05-24, 09:30

Seems like the endgame will be automatic entry into a playoff.

Under the division format, you'd risk having a 4 loss Northwestern (for example) pull an upset and sneak in.

Starting to smell like that soccer Super League.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-05-24, 10:16

NigelUno wrote:Seems like the endgame will be automatic entry into a playoff.

Under the division format, you'd risk having a 4 loss Northwestern (for example) pull an upset and sneak in.

I would still prefer that if you win the CCG you get an auto bid to a playoff, if the playoff's move to an 8 team format. 5 auto bids, 1 at large from smaller leagues and 2 voted in or whatever, or top 2 teams left.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-05-24, 11:15

InTenSity wrote:

I would still prefer that if you win the CCG you get an auto bid to a playoff, if the playoff's move to an 8 team format. 5 auto bids, 1 at large from smaller leagues and 2 voted in or whatever, or top 2 teams left.

I'm fine with that, but the SEC won't let it happen. They'll want 3 teams minimum in an 8 team playoff.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-05-24, 13:46

InTenSity wrote:

I agree. Teams should earn it on the field. Too often we see committees overturn actual game results. I don't need the "best" teams in the playoffs; I'd rather see the teams that earn it.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-05-24, 13:49

If we go without divisions, you really need to play as many conference games as possible. In my opinion, I think they should just give you one out of conference game. Do with that what you will. Cupcake or maybe Notre Dame. But you have to have as many conference games as possible against each other.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down