Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bat Flip

+6
CheesySpartan
steveschneider
Wally Fairway
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
10 posters

Go down

The Bat Flip

The Bat Flip Vote_lcap23%The Bat Flip Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 6 ]
The Bat Flip Vote_lcap15%The Bat Flip Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]
The Bat Flip Vote_lcap4%The Bat Flip Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
The Bat Flip Vote_lcap12%The Bat Flip Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
The Bat Flip Vote_lcap31%The Bat Flip Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 8 ]
The Bat Flip Vote_lcap8%The Bat Flip Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
The Bat Flip Vote_lcap7%The Bat Flip Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 26

Poll The Bat Flip

Post by NigelUno Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:13 am

The Bat Flip I?img=%2Fphoto%2F2015%2F1014%2FBautistaFlip
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Poll Re: The Bat Flip

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:16 am

That was fuckin' awesome. America in general needs to get over themselves when it comes to celebration in sports. Let these dudes have some fun.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:16 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:That was fuckin' awesome. America in general needs to get over themselves when it comes to celebration in sports. Let these dudes have some fun.

North America, in this case. Wink
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:20 am

I guess this is a thing in Korea. Even on doubles and fly outs. 

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:45 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:That was fuckin' awesome. America in general needs to get over themselves when it comes to celebration in sports. Let these dudes have some fun.

yup - baseball is becoming a bunch of pussies; if they didn't like what he did then dot the next guy up. OR better yet go out and win the game.

fucker hit a home run, he should celebrate
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:52 am

gHost Spartan wrote:It's the product of a generation that grew up on selfies and taking pictures of everything and posting them on social media. I really don't have much of an issue with it but i think it's kind of bush league. Then again, the Blue Jays were down 0-2 to the Astros and swept them to advance, so fuck it, maybe I'm okay with it.

The Blue Jays played Texas.  Not Houston.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:34 am

NigelUno wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:It's the product of a generation that grew up on selfies and taking pictures of everything and posting them on social media. I really don't have much of an issue with it but i think it's kind of bush league. Then again, the Blue Jays were down 0-2 to the Astros and swept them to advance, so fuck it, maybe I'm okay with it.

The Blue Jays played Texas.  Not Houston.

Don't question him - he watched every game just like scUM football.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:42 am

I hate it, and I hope a Texas pitcher beans him between the numbers.

If you want big time celebrations watch basketball or football.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:46 am

steveschneider wrote:I hate it, and I hope a Texas pitcher beans him between the numbers.

That reminds me of that Tom Hanks quote in "League of Their Own"...

"Are you CELEBRATING??? There is no CELEBRATING in baseball!!!"
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:48 am

Maybe if baseball players are so against celebrating they should stop covering the locker rooms in tarps and busting champagne out when they clinch the division. And when they win the wild card game. And when they win the ALDS. And when they win the ALCS.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:52 am

Much ado about nothing.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:01 pm

You old fucks will find any way to spin shit into blaming younger generations.

Sensitivity? Politically correct? = Pussification of America, the younger generation will never be able to survive or thrive

Celebrating in sports = the younger generation is so self-absorbed.. while you get worked up about a guy tossing a fucking baseball bat. Who's the sensitive one? 

The Bat Flip 502811600 I really hope I don't become bitter as I age
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:03 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The Bat Flip 502811600 I really hope I don't become bitter as I age

You will unless you keep smoking the herb.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:03 pm

CheesySpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I hate it, and I hope a Texas pitcher beans him between the numbers.

That reminds me of that Tom Hanks quote in "League of Their Own"...

"Are you CELEBRATING??? There is no CELEBRATING in baseball!!!"

That's funny. Baseball writers are hell bent on changing the culture of the game. Whatever. One change id love to see is stripping the writers of a lot of their power over the HOF vote.

Celebrate in the dug out or the locker room, in five years we are going to have dumb ass terrel owens style celebrations in the game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:04 pm

Here's the real thing.  You set yourself up for schadenfreude later.  Everybody's working hard.  Showing somebody up on the field is kind of douchey.  Isn't it enough that you just hit the homer off him?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:08 pm

Steve,
This might be what you are missing - this celebration didn't happen in one of 162 individually meaningless games, or in some game in May that his team was winning (or losing) by 5 runs.

It was in a baseball game that actually determined which team would advance to the next series, maybe a celebration is in order.

But what do I know, I'm a Tigers fan; and the season ended sometime in June for us.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:10 pm

Celebrate all you want.

After you've crossed home plate.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:13 pm

Wally Fairway wrote:Steve,
This might be what you are missing - this celebration didn't happen in one of 162 individually meaningless games, or in some game in May that his team was winning (or losing) by 5 runs.

It was in a baseball game that actually determined which team would advance to the next series, maybe a celebration is in order.

But what do I know, I'm a Tigers fan; and the season ended sometime in June for us.

Our season ended 7/11/2015 - Bullpen blows lead late as Tigers lose to Twins, 8-6
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:13 pm

ghost i hate the selfie generation just as much as you but Im guessing joey bats is 35 years old. dont think he grew up taking selfies.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:16 pm

Not to mention the entire team and stadium minus the dudes in the Rangers dugout were seething at the happenings in the top of the inning. Lots of emotion in that one. I back it. Don't think he was trying to show anyone up, he was just taking his anger out on the ball and fired up as all hell.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:19 pm

Rocinante wrote:Here's the real thing.  You set yourself up for schadenfreude later.  Everybody's working hard.  Showing somebody up on the field is kind of douchey.  Isn't it enough that you just hit the homer off him?

Go ahead and celebrate. Stare down the pitcher.

Don't be surprised when he throws a ball at your head next time.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:20 pm

By-Tor wrote:
ghost i hate the selfie generation just as much as you but Im guessing joey bats is 35 years old. dont think he grew up taking selfies.

I think you missed the irony in ghostie commenting on people taking (and sharing) pics.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:24 pm

You know what, I'm one to consider a well thought out argument and I agree with you. I'm changing my position on it, in context of the game and what was at stake it was a good thing.

It's like when Gibson hit the epic HR in the WS and was pumping his fist. It was such an epic moment the emotion came out.

Bautista is for the most part a class act, if he did that in a typical game in the regular season I'd stick with my original argument.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down