Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blaha is awful and should be replaced

+11
Watch Out Pylon!
Vlad
Code_Warrior
NigelUno
tGreenWay
Heat Miser
GRR Spartan
The Pantry
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Ass Dan
15 posters

Go down

Blaha is awful and should be replaced Empty Blaha is awful and should be replaced

Post by Ass Dan Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 0:01

It's time this got traction. I love him, I always love listening to his calls as they're projected outside if he stadium on your way into a game. However, it's time to replace blaha in the booth. Everyone bitches about will tieman, and with good reason, but blaha is every bit as inane and non-descriptive with his game call and it's time to hire a guy who can do the entire game.

Shit, listening to the brandstatter call was considerably better than blaha's call.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Blaha is awful and should be replaced Empty Re: Blaha is awful and should be replaced

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 0:02

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Blaha is awful and should be replaced Empty Re: Blaha is awful and should be replaced

Post by Ass Dan Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 0:04

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:-21

Let him do Pistons games, the guy still does those with great effectiveness, but his effort during state games sucks and I'm tired of it. It's been this way for years now
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 0:08

I love George. I'm incapable of criticizing him. I've met him a number of times and he is a great guy. 

I will say that if you've ever been in the press box at SS it's a fucking mile and a half away. And I'm sure his eyesight isn't great at his age. 

Also I lost my phone.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 0:12

George gave a great call tonight for the ages.

Guy is a broadcast legend and we are lucky to have him call Spartan games.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 0:13

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I love George. I'm incapable of criticizing him. I've met him a number of times and he is a great guy. 

I will say that if you've ever been in the press box at SS it's a fucking mile and a half away. And I'm sure his eyesight isn't great at his age. 

Also I lost my phone.

I love him too, he's a part of my childhood and wonderful individual. I just don't want to hear dead air anymore during the most impossible play in football history. It's over and that's okay.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 0:14

ass dan deserves the broad end of a baseball bat
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 0:16

The Pantry wrote:ass dan deserves the broad end of a baseball bat
Bring it fuck face
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 0:17

Ass Dan wrote:It's time this got traction. I love him, I always love listening to his calls as they're projected outside if he stadium on your way into a game. However, it's time to replace blaha in the booth. Everyone bitches about will tieman, and with good reason, but blaha is every bit as inane and non-descriptive with his game call and it's time to hire a guy who can do the entire game.

Shit, listening to the brandstatter call was considerably better than blaha's call.

Next game you should tune  into the radio broadcast done in American Sign and tell us what you think.

PS
I think Blaha is very good. We could have Will Tieman broadcasting both football and basketball and no one tuning in would have a clue about the score if you tuned in.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 0:20; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 0:19

Can someone help me find my phone? I got all distracted trying to con my wife into having sex with me

Now it's lost
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 0:27

It rang for a while
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 0:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Can someone help me find my phone? I got all distracted trying to con my wife into having sex with me

Now it's lost

My kid found it. He called his old tennis partner who's living in Germany. Said it worked good.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 0:33

Got my dog home after surgery. 

We won in redic fashion. Celebrated with my kids. 

Something something. Twice. 

It was a great day. 

I'll sacrifice my phone.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 0:46

I'm fine with Blaha. Love, love, love Strayhorn.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 0:56

GRR Spartan wrote:
Ass Dan wrote:It's time this got traction. I love him, I always love listening to his calls as they're projected outside if he stadium on your way into a game. However, it's time to replace blaha in the booth. Everyone bitches about will tieman, and with good reason, but blaha is every bit as inane and non-descriptive with his game call and it's time to hire a guy who can do the entire game.

Next game you should tune  into the radio broadcast done in American Sign and tell us what you think.

PS
I think Blaha is very good. We could have Will Tieman broadcasting both football and basketball and no one tuning in would have a clue about the score if you tuned in.

When I lived in Michigan I worked during the weekend a lot and had to rely on blaha a lot. He doesn't oerform the duties required of him anymore.

Strayhorn fucking rules and his reaction when Langford ran for a touchdown against osu in 2013 still gives me chills. Blaha is worse than tieman, really.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 2:52

Heat Miser wrote:I'm fine with Blaha. Love, love, love Strayhorn.

Ive fucking had it with Strayhorn. He's part of the reason George had a tough time calling the winning TD. Strayhorn ALWAYS starts whooping and cheering and otherwise stepping all over Blaha before George has had a chance to describe the play. That's not the role of the color commentator. It's like Strayhorn can't remember they're there to paint a picture of the events happening to the audience of listeners--not yell over the PBP call when something big happens.
Normally, the guy in charge of things would coach Strayhorn to shut up and wait for the PBP man to stop talking--but that's Will Tieman's role and Tieman
thinks he himself does a great job calling basketball games.
So fucking disappointed with the SSN overall. It's such a poor representation of MSU athletics.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 7:53

Ass Dan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I love George. I'm incapable of criticizing him. I've met him a number of times and he is a great guy. 

Also I lost my phone.

I love him too, he's a part of my childhood and wonderful individual. I just don't want to hear dead air anymore during the most impossible play in football history. It's over and that's okay.

Were you listening to the game on the radio (and not watching on TV)?

I couldn't tell you what the guys on TV said because we were going nuts when he muffed the punt.

You went back and listened to both radio calls? And it lessened the play for you somehow? Seems like a stretch, but whatevs.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 8:26

tGreenWay wrote:
Ive fucking had it with Strayhorn. He's part of the reason George had a tough time calling the winning TD. Strayhorn ALWAYS starts whooping and cheering and otherwise stepping all over Blaha before George has had a chance to describe the play. That's not the role of the color commentator. It's like Strayhorn can't remember they're there to paint a picture of the events happening to the audience of listeners--not yell over the PBP call when something big happens.

Normally, the guy in charge of things would coach Strayhorn to shut up and wait for the PBP man to stop talking--but that's Will Tieman's role and Tieman thinks he himself does a great job calling basketball games. So fucking disappointed with the SSN overall. It's such a poor representation of MSU athletics.  
Touchdown MSU!  I love it!  Blaha can say that all day, every day!  I love the Strayhorn emotion on that play and I don't care if he was stomping on Blaha's call of the play!  Back in the day, SCum had Bob Ufer and they loved him.  Ufer would've been going bonkers and would've been beside himself with grief. If the roles were reversed, he would've been honking that touchdown horn over and over.  I don't want a corporate, unbiased, announcer for the home team.  I want a homer!!!  That being said, I can't stand Will Tieman because he can't describe the action at all and I don't have a clue what's going on.  With Blaha, I know what's going on - even when Strayhorn is going nuts and stomping on him.

I want a corporate, unbiased, announcer when a national broadcast team is doing the game.  I hate homerism on a national level broadcast because it sends a bad message.  However, each team has it's own home announcers and they should be biased for the home team because the fan bases can choose to whom they prefer to listen.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 8:52

Blaha have always been terrible doing football, but the Spartan loyalist love him.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 9:00

Blaha is better than the ABC crew that called the game. Spielman was beyond terrible yesterday. He slippedd a few times saying stuff that you say on your couch when youre rooting for a team. 'Dont get sacked here when uofm had the ball'. Also on a few plays was saying stuff that went 180 degrees against what the replay was showing. The catch that that you could see hit the groud he believed was a catch. On the peppers punt return he couldnt believe that was a block in the back when it was clearly a block on the back. Spielman acted like a buckeye that wants to get back to the old days of the big 2.

Bottom line nothing but ageism in here by assdan. Shame on you.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 10:53

NigelUno wrote:
Ass Dan wrote:

Were you listening to the game on the radio (and not watching on TV)?

I couldn't tell you what the guys on TV said because we were going nuts when he muffed the punt.

You went back and listened to both radio calls? And it lessened the play for you somehow? Seems like a stretch, but whatevs.

There's a deadspin link that has both radio calls on it.

Here's the link http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/msus-miracle-win-over-michigan-as-called-by-each-teams-1737144939
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 10:55

steveschneider wrote:Blaha is better than the ABC crew that called the game. Spielman was beyond terrible yesterday. He slippedd a few times saying stuff that you say on your couch when youre rooting for a team. 'Dont get sacked here when uofm had the ball'. Also on a few plays was saying stuff that went 180 degrees against what the replay was showing. The catch that that you could see hit the groud he believed was a catch. On the peppers punt return he couldnt believe that was a block in the back when it was clearly a block on the back. Spielman acted like a buckeye that wants to get back to the old days of the big 2.

The ABC guys were great I thought. Blaha always sounds confused or lost during the game. Had nothing to do with age, has everything to do with the product
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 11:07

Blaha's call was great. I dunno what you're bitching about. Strayhorn on the other hand... pretty unprofessional.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 11:13

Ass Dan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Blaha is better than the ABC crew that called the game. Spielman was beyond terrible yesterday. He slippedd a few times saying stuff that you say on your couch when youre rooting for a team. 'Dont get sacked here when uofm had the ball'. Also on a few plays was saying stuff that went 180 degrees against what the replay was showing. The catch that that you could see hit the groud he believed was a catch. On the peppers punt return he couldnt believe that was a block in the back when it was clearly a block on the back. Spielman acted like a buckeye that wants to get back to the old days of the big 2.

The ABC guys were great I thought. Blaha always sounds confused or lost during the game. Had nothing to do with age, has everything to do with the product

If you don't like Blaha, why are you listening to games on the radio? Is the audio on your TV out?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 11:28

Ass Dan wrote:

I don't understand how an announcer can be 'great' when he's making the wrong calls.

That was a dropped catch, they showed it in like 3 different angles and it was such an easy call to even make in real time. Even the dumb ass refrees got it right by calling it incomplete. He sat there with the benefit of replay and still couldn't get it right. It wasn't even close.

And then they showed the block from behind the back, clear as fucking day and he was saying it wasn't a block in the back.

He wasn't much better than the refs yesterday who were terrible
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 13:47

He's a MAC level radio announcer. We just like the way he says "Touchdown MSU!"

On the rare occasion I'm forced to listen to a game on the radio, I prefer to listen to the other team's broadcast over Blaha.

Last edited by Vlad on Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 13:51; edited 2 times in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 13:49

NigelUno wrote:I couldn't tell you what the guys on TV said because we were going nuts when he muffed the punt.
I've watched the last play so many times, I think I have the TV call memorized at this point. Blaha is awful and should be replaced 502811600
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 13:56

Vlad wrote:He's a MAC level radio announcer. We just like the way he says "Touchdown MSU!"

On the rare occasion I'm forced to listen to a game on the radio, I prefer to listen to the other team's broadcast over Blaha.
You suck. Blaha is great!

Agree with Steve. Spielman was awful.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 14:48

The Pantry wrote:
Vlad wrote:He's a MAC level radio announcer. We just like the way he says "Touchdown MSU!"

You suck.  Blaha is great!

Agree with Steve.  Spielman was awful.
I agree.  Usually, I like Spielman's take because he channels his inner Mikey Redmond and it's entertaining, but this game, he seemed to be off.  I've got to think it's hard for him to keep his OSU feelings squelched, so maybe he was overcompensating.  He had to be secretly jumping for joy inside on the last play, there's no way that I can see a former OSU star linebacker not relishing a total ass raping play against his most hated rival.

Last edited by Code_Warrior on Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 14:59; edited 1 time in total
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 18 Oct 2015 - 14:56

Man of few words, but he brings plenty of energy.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Dec 2018 - 19:43

We needed an AssDan thread on page 1 again. Thoughts and prayers for that man.

Pistons will have a fill-in play-by-play announcer for next four games

The Michigan State football team is headed to California, which means Michigan's NBA team will be without its television voice for a few games.

George Blaha, who handles play-by-play for the Pistons on Fox Sports Detroit and serves the same role, for radio broadcasts, for the Spartans' football team, is traveling to Santa Clara for the Redbox Bowl. Michigan State will play Oregon in that game on Dec. 31.

As a result, Blaha will miss the Pistons' next four games: a home game against Washington on Wednesday, plus road games against Indiana (Friday), Orlando (Sunday), and Milwaukee (Tuesday).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Wed 26 Dec 2018 - 19:48

LooseGoose wrote:We needed an AssDan thread on page 1 again. Thoughts and prayers for that man.

The Michigan State football team is headed to California, which means Michigan's NBA team will be without its television voice for a few games.

George Blaha, who handles play-by-play for the Pistons on Fox Sports Detroit and serves the same role, for radio broadcasts, for the Spartans' football team, is traveling to Santa Clara for the Redbox Bowl. Michigan State will play Oregon in that game on Dec. 31.

As a result, Blaha will miss the Pistons' next four games: a home game against Washington on Wednesday, plus road games against Indiana (Friday), Orlando (Sunday), and Milwaukee (Tuesday).

And shepherd sucks just as much at basketball as he does baseball
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 26 Dec 2018 - 19:51

aualum06 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:We needed an AssDan thread on page 1 again. Thoughts and prayers for that man.

Unpossible. His lack of baseball IQ is unmatched
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Wed 26 Dec 2018 - 19:55

kingstonlake wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

He just thought a Reggie Jackson airball was a home run
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 26 Dec 2018 - 19:58

aualum06 wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

He just thought a Reggie Jackson airball was a home run

I heard him say a Reggie Jackson home run was a quadruple single.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down