Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Blaha got pissed off at the no-call PI on Burbridge

+2
Giant Moose
tGreenWay
6 posters

Go down

George Blaha got pissed off at the no-call PI on Burbridge Empty George Blaha got pissed off at the no-call PI on Burbridge

Post by tGreenWay 11/14/2015, 1:52 pm

I've listened to George for 30+ years, and he's always been the gentleman broadcaster. I've never, never heard him get upset at the officials. He was genuinely angry at Burbridge getting tackled on that no-call PI.

"That was the worst pass interference I've seen all year!"

"How do you not make that call?!?"

"They're going to have to look at that play, then look in the mirror."

And my personal favorite:
"Where do they get these guys?!?" George Blaha got pissed off at the no-call PI on Burbridge 502811600

He may be an ND grad, but George Blaha is a Spartan.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

George Blaha got pissed off at the no-call PI on Burbridge Empty Re: George Blaha got pissed off at the no-call PI on Burbridge

Post by Giant Moose 11/14/2015, 1:55 pm

MSU would have played for the national championship in 2013-14 if not for incompetent and possibly rigged officials in the Notre Dame game, and the Nebraska game this year most certainly will impact us.

I'm glad Blaha is pissed. College officiating is a joke.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

George Blaha got pissed off at the no-call PI on Burbridge Empty Re: George Blaha got pissed off at the no-call PI on Burbridge

Post by The Pantry 11/14/2015, 1:56 pm

Definitely should have been flagged. Burbridge was mugged.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 11/14/2015, 1:59 pm

3rd time Burbridge's been mugged in the first half.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 11/14/2015, 2:00 pm

Which play was this? Certainly not the play where Likely legally chucked him at the LOS?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 11/14/2015, 2:03 pm

Giant Moose wrote:MSU would have played for the national championship in 2013-14 if not for incompetent and possibly rigged officials in the Notre Dame game, and the Nebraska game this year most certainly will impact us.

I'm glad Blaha is pissed. College officiating is a joke.

I think maybe some people will take notice of his comments. Like I said, I've never once heard him use such strong words, although I admit I didn't hear what he said last week vs. Neb.
Blaha knows a lot of people, and if he starts talking about bad officiating, word will spread. He's one of those guys whose opinion counts, because it's not in his nature to say negative things.
OTOH, it can get all the way back to Delaney, and the matter will die on his desk.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 11/14/2015, 2:07 pm

Heat Miser wrote:Which play was this? Certainly not the play where Likely legally chucked him at the LOS?
Not that play. It was another on the far side of the field. Defender was draped around his neck before the ball got there
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 11/14/2015, 2:25 pm

I heard that, too. After he said it I just nodded my head in agreement and said "He Got It!!"
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 11/14/2015, 2:33 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I heard that, too. After he said it I just nodded my head in agreement and said "He Got It!!"

I hate myself for laughing at that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down