Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?

+20
HT
SpartanInNH
Nordic
tanfan!
Blanch32
Wally Fairway
Heat Miser
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
Toe
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
DWags
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
The_Dude
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?  Empty Re: Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?

Post by The_Dude Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:03

I think we have almost no shot to go back back. Iowa will travel like crazy and OSU will go if they don't win the B1G.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?  Empty Re: Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:03

The_Dude wrote:I think we have almost no shot to go back back. Iowa will travel like crazy and OSU will go if they don't win the B1G.

Don't they go off CFP ranking?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:07

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
The_Dude wrote:I think we have almost no shot to go back back. Iowa will travel like crazy and OSU will go if they don't win the B1G.

Yes. The committee essentially picks who goes to what bowls. (For them big ones)

Shockingly, the dude is 100% talking out of his ass

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:08; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:08

Partly.

Last edited by NigelUno on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 13:59; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:18

With two losses and a game vs OSU Michigan really doesn't have a chance. Good call.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:20

Slow down there people. I have already seen um fans talking about how if they beat O$U they are going to the championship game. I heard from Forde last night that had um won, they would have been a top 5 team, but because of a fluke they aren't, but they are the best 2 loss team in the nation.

That being said. Getting tickets would probably be easier, but how much would the flight cost? Not sure I could afford the $6 or $700 to fly from Miami to LA. Yes, I'm poor.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:24

I probably won't make it this time..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I probably won't make it this time..

Make it where? What's a rosebowl?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:37

We're not talking about Michigan.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:38

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I probably won't make it this time..

it's my reason for living. That's what it is.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:38

no
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:41

I'll accept all your apologies now:

ROSE BOWL GAME PRESENTED BY NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL (Pasadena, Calif.)  
1. When not hosting a semifinal, the Big Ten Champion will play in the Rose Bowl Game, unless among the top four teams.
2. If the Big Ten Champion qualifies for the playoff, the Rose Bowl Game will choose a replacement Big Ten team.
3. The Rose Bowl Game has sole discretion on a replacement team, and will generally select the highest‐rated available team, but will take
into consideration final College Football Playoff rankings, head‐to‐head competition, division champions and most recent Rose Bowl

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/big10/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/misc_non_event/Bowl_Determination_Procedures.pdf

Last edited by The_Dude on Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:42; edited 1 time in total
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:42

The_Dude wrote:I'll accept all your apologies now:

1. When not hosting a semifinal, the Big Ten Champion will play in the Rose Bowl Game, unless among the top four teams.
2. If the Big Ten Champion qualifies for the playoff, the Rose Bowl Game will choose a replacement Big Ten team.
3. The Rose Bowl Game has sole discretion on a replacement team, and will generally select the highest‐rated available team, but will take
into consideration final College Football Playoff rankings, head‐to‐head competition, division champions and most recent Rose Bowl

You apologize for being a twat waffle 1st.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
The_Dude wrote:I'll accept all your apologies now:

Wait....so I was right, everyone attacking me was wrong...I wasn't a douche about...and I need to apologize? Lol?

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:45

The_Dude wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Wait....so I was right, everyone attacking me was wrong...I wasn't a douche about...and I need to apologize? Lol?

I was talking about your overall posting history. Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?  55953254
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:50

The bottom line is the only way MSU will go to Rose is if we are 12-0 and lose the conference title game to Iowa who is 13-0 and Iowa makes the playoffs.

MSU won't get selected in front of an 11-1 OSU team if OSU doesnt make the playoffs and Iowa hasn't been in 25 years to the Rose...they will travel like crazy there.

If we don't make the playoffs I think MSU will end up in the Fiesta or something.

Also, a 10-2 UM team is very attractive if they beat OSU.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:53

The_Dude wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Fuck you. I said you were right in my first post to you.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

it's my reason for living. That's what it is.

You're approaching Clint Eastwood/ bugs bunny type cool.

Do you know who they are?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:56

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Why are you mad? We just beat UM and are 7-0.

Im just relaying accurate info
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 10:58

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it's my reason for living. That's what it is.

You're approaching Clint Eastwood/ bugs bunny type cool.  

Do you know who they are?
I do - though I'm not a big fan of either. But it's cool.. we're all on our journey.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 11:01

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

Now I'm just confused. Are you a Utah grad?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 11:12

This is a nice thread.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 11:13

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Now I'm just confused. Are you a Utah grad?

You been drinking? scratch
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 11:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This is a nice thread.
not sure why people get irritated at others so easily. Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?  2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 11:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
not sure why people get irritated at others so easily. Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?  2599972566

I'm not sure why people get all bent out of shape on a message board either, Bob. Seems like wasted energy, no?

I'm just here to hang out and shoot the shit..
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 12:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:not sure why people get irritated at others so easily. Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?  2599972566

I'm not sure why people get all bent out of shape on a message board either, Bob. Seems like wasted energy, no?

I'm just here to hang out and shoot the shit..
I know.. it's weird. And certainly an undue source of anxiety and stress for people.

oh well - I'm glad you're here to hang out with. Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?  3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 12:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Why not go back to tBob or tSwillBin and see? Oh that's right you crave an audience for your assholery and you seem to have chased everyone from those boards weeks ago.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 12:06

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:not sure why people get irritated at others so easily. Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?  2599972566

Why not go back to tBob or tSwillBin and see? Oh that's right you crave an audience for your assholery and you seem to have chased everyone from those boards weeks ago.
see, OTPT.. it's a strange phenomenon.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 12:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Why not go back to tBob or tSwillBin and see?   Oh that's right you crave an audience for your assholery and you seem to have chased everyone from those boards weeks ago.

not really.  it's a common response to message board trolls.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 12:11

gHost Spartan wrote:Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?  2599972566

It's not that far of a drive for me so I'll definitely go. But something tells me that So Cal wouldn't completely turn green like it did two years ago.
Two years it go, it was truly one of those "Life Moments" that Dantonio talks about. As much as I would love to go again, I doubt that I would. I'd try, but it would be difficult. A lot of things aligned right for me to be able to go two years ago.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 12:14

MiamiSpartan wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?  2599972566

It's not that far of a drive for me so I'll definitely go. But something tells me that So Cal wouldn't completely turn green like it did two years ago.
Two years it go, it was truly one of those "Life Moments" that Dantonio talks about. As much as I would love to go again, I doubt that I would. I'd try, but it would be difficult. A lot of things aligned right for me to be able to go two years ago.
It'd be easier for me to get tickets this time. I think.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 12:16

Toe wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

cool - enjoy your time here.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 12:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Toe wrote:
cool - enjoy your time here.

STOP TROLLING Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?  2102841802
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 12:51

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:cool - enjoy your time here.

STOP TROLLING Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?  2102841802
Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?  1966794946 Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?  1966794946 Hypothetically, Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl again - who's going?  1966794946
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 12:54

Too early to think about it. Lot of football left.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 13:01

steveschneider wrote:Too early to think about it. Lot of football left.

This. IU is a trap game.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 13:03

Given the high airfares at DTW certainly no one from Michigan
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 13:06

GRR Spartan wrote:Given the high airfares at DTW certainly no one from Michigan
f**cking Delaney..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 13:20

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Too early to think about it. Lot of football left.

This. IU is a trap game.

Do I have to focus extra hard this week?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 13:21

DWags wrote:

This. IU is a trap game.

Do I have to focus extra hard this week?
the team is depending on you.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next